EXHAUST

i know this is youtube but there is are a couple clips with the akra with the db killer in it and they both sound pretty stock with them in! anything will be better then what my ninja was with the D&D on it its a 2000 and the pipe has been on since 2001 with no repacking lol

Speedo007

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T55BAcMu4e4]YouTube - 2011 Yamaha FZ8 stock exhaust[/ame]

Just uploaded a test with stock exhaust, so I can compare when I get the Akropovic slip-on (will probably go with the Akropovic unless I find something better and cheaper)

looks better then on the website 2 is there any other pics of that?
nm i clicked on it*

has anyone seen the Leo vince Factory Type R exhaust that has just been released? it looks different! heard a clip on you tube was overly impressed and with a price tag of $650 for the carbon fiber i think it should sound a little better!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhwE71VEwj4"]YouTube - The LeoVince SBK Factory R E-Approved Slip-on for Yamaha FZ8 2010[/ame]

Last edited:

mano1192

The 2 different 2 brothers pipes
Dyno Charts

Im feeling the black out pipe! Its a decent pipe, I think I might take the plunge.

i like both ... but i kinda like the black and gold matches the forks well ... i think either would be a solid choice!!

Speedo007

I must say now that the break-in period is over (2000km+ on the bike already), I think Im keeping the stock exhaust, it just sounds great above 5000rpm, and it's easy to keep it in that zone now :) And I ride about 20000km a season, knowing bike is less polluting is also a plus...

mano1192

I agree! Once you can start hitting 6k+ it sounds great. My two brothers pipe came in today. I hope to get it installed after work tommorrow and Ill try to upload some videos for everyone.

i must be blind i cant really see it lol

i mean i cant read the dyno chart!!

Last edited:

Speedo007

The Akrapovic addresses the power dip in lower rpms, the Yoshi looks and sounds good, no radical improvement on performance.

would you be able to run a akra header with a two bros pipe ? or would that be just kinda stupid as they tune for their own slip on?