EXHAUST

Speedo007

I wouldnt spend that much and try to mix up parts. The Akra slip-on alone out performs the Yoshi. And it looks great too, so if I was to go with the full system I'd go with it, full Akra.

have you noticed that all the manufacturers websites the stock hp is not the same?
akrapovic says its 99.5
two brothers 97.17
yoshimura 93.74

so what is it?

Speedo007

Guess it just depends if they mesure the true backwheel HP or not. The importance is to look at the graphs and compare each to their stock reference, as each brand will measure the same way for the stock and their slip-on though comparing numbers from dyno charts from different brands most likely will not add up to the exact same numbers.

THe FZ8 produces 106HP, so 93-99HP is most likely back wheel true HP.

Hereward

Mine, as fitted by Yamaha as part of the UK Street pack for the FZ8, came with the baffels removed and thats how I run it. Not hugely loud under 6k but very basey, great crackle as you roll of the throtle. Adds a little bit of vibration to the bike but that just adds in my opinion. Not experienced any flat spots in performance and for Yamaha to supply the bike fitted with it there shouldn't be any problems and it dosn't effect the bikes waranty. It's fininshed in carbon fiber and is quite a bit lighter than the standard exhaust.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKrRyvJZ-go"]YouTube - ‪YAMAHA FZ8 with Akrapovic Exhaust‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:

well i hope the two brothers exhaust does it for me or else there will be a sad rider here lol

trixster8

I figured I'd try the Yosh pipe because it's different, suppose to be quieter, and the carbon pipe looks great. I wasn't to concerned with the power numbers, I'm happy with what the bike already puts out. My main focus was looks and sound, and Yosh nailed both, I think. We'll see once the pipe is on. I'll do a before an after with the same camera for good reference.

trixster8

Well, My Yosh pipe just now left Canada, 2-1/2 weeks later. I probably won't be ordering from that guy again. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week.

Speedo007

yeah sometimes you need to check if stores have it stock...otherwise they need to order it from the supplier first. It happened once when I ordered from bluestreakracing.com but they told me first that they had to order it that it wasnt in stock. Can't wait to get your impressions on the Yoshi.