ECUnleashed?

waypoint

mod squad
Final update. No call back from original call. Called again and they said TB has drop-shipped it to me and they were waiting for the tracking number. Then this morning they sent me an email saying TB told them it was shipped but actually they were out of stock (passed the buck) and it would be 1 to 2 weeks for delivery. Money back... No more atvgalaxy.com

So... Do I reorder the Juice Box Pro from somewhere else? Or just spend the extra dough and get the PCV? :confused:

D

Deleted member 438

I say stick with the juice box cause you can save some money by getting a tune from one of us.

D

DJK1505

Best part with the PCV: the majority of the members have them and most are willing to share their maps. Not sure how many have the TB or Bazzaz.

DJ

C

Camo

The juice box is essentially the same considering the availability of good maps on here.

D

DJK1505

Oh I did not realize you can use the same maps. Right on, save the cash man. Thats cool!

DJ

waypoint

mod squad
Well, after the mess with the back ordered Juice Box Pro and pondering the wait for it or the purchase of a PCV, I decided to go back to what originally started this thread and sent my ECU in for a proper flashing :eek:

Their claims are pretty bold with much more than fuel mapping addressed;
* Remove Factory Timing Retard
* Remove Throttle Restrictions
* Increased Idle
* Increased Rev Limit
* Remove Speed Limiters (Gear Dependent)
* Reduce Excessive Engine Braking/Improved Deceleration
* Improved Throttle Control & Reaction
* Remove Injector Shut-Off on Deceleration
* Optimized Fuel Maps
* Improved Ignition Maps
* Injector Phasing Adjustment, etc..

I'm hopeful it will be a good investment. I can always ad a PCV later for further development.

They are only a 1/2 hour or so from me so it's possible I could get it back by Friday.

I'll let ya know how it goes.

S

Shock

Next time you have to order anything for your ride check out solomotoparts.com Ask for Tyler over there... he'll hook you up with some deal. Outstanding customer services also... Tell him Martin from the FZ6R forum send you...

Tyler has been helpful to me as well

C

Camo

Well, after the mess with the back ordered Juice Box Pro and pondering the wait for it or the purchase of a PCV, I decided to go back to what originally started this thread and sent my ECU in for a proper flashing :eek:

Their claims are pretty bold with much more than fuel mapping addressed;
* Remove Factory Timing Retard
* Remove Throttle Restrictions
* Increased Idle
* Increased Rev Limit
* Remove Speed Limiters (Gear Dependent)
* Reduce Excessive Engine Braking/Improved Deceleration
* Improved Throttle Control & Reaction
* Remove Injector Shut-Off on Deceleration
* Optimized Fuel Maps
* Improved Ignition Maps
* Injector Phasing Adjustment, etc..

I'm hopeful it will be a good investment. I can always ad a PCV later for further development.

They are only a 1/2 hour or so from me so it's possible I could get it back by Friday.

I'll let ya know how it goes.

Keen to hear your thoughts when you get back on the bike.

D

DJK1505

Did you give them a list of what all you have done to the bike? I will def be interested to see how this turns out.

Good luck man!

DJ

waypoint

mod squad
Did you give them a list of what all you have done to the bike? I will def be interested to see how this turns out.

Good luck man!

DJ

Yes, they ask you to list all the mods/engine work that's been done. They recommended that I remove the AIS and block it off. I have it plugged now, but I'm ordering the plates tonight. My fingers are crossed.

B

bren

how long do they need your parts for mate?

Def interested to see how this goes!

waypoint

mod squad
how long do they need your parts for mate?

Def interested to see how this goes!

Turnaround is 3 to 5 business days. I was thinking about telling him I have a bunch of mod-hungry forum-dudes who are very interested and see if we could get a forum rate or something. But I decided to wait and see how it works first. I will say that they have been very patient and answered ALL my questions (although via email - no phone listed) without pushing me to move forward.

chopstic

yeah mate. nice and smooth. very zippy on the pick up.

I often will roll her out to 5000rpms then give it a twist- sounds like a supersport. It blows 600cc supersports away now.

Does it eliminate that initial throttle lag, when rolling on from closed throttle. That split second of the bike doing nothing just when you start giving it throttle. I'm fairly happy with the stock FZ8 powerband, but that initial lag is annoying!

B

bren

Does it eliminate that initial throttle lag, when rolling on from closed throttle. That split second of the bike doing nothing just when you start giving it throttle. I'm fairly happy with the stock FZ8 powerband, but that initial lag is annoying!

sure does mate- i dont seem to notice any lag at all!