ECUnleashed?

F

Fazed

Auto tune is not available on juice box pro. Only the Bazzaz and Power Commander have autotune.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

Thanks DJ. I started off not wanting to do the PC but all the talk about swapping maps and being able to do just what you said, "learn and build your tune as you build your bike" kinda gave me a woody... Next thing you know, TB Juice Box Pro is on it's way to me.

It appears from other posts that the TB is damn near identical to the PC. Some went as far as saying maybe TB licensed from PC, so I hope the autotune feature, or similar, will be available.

Maps anyone?

I never worked with the TBpro but some like it. I have the PCV-Autotune-LCD-200 triple combo. To do the job at 100% perfect this is the way to go. PCV let you swap between 2 maps on the fly, TBPro has 10 maps if I can remember well.

To be honest... once you got your map all dial in you only need one, maybe 2 if you want to lean out the cruising range AKA Touring map. I have the map switch on mine with Sport/Touring map. On long ride I like to use the DBkiller... I just use my laptop and upload the other map.

PCV has the acceleration pump (like it a lot) and an extra channel to hook up the PLX MAP sensor. The maps are compatible (work like an excel spreadsheet) Other than that they do about the same job, I just think you get a bit more bang with the PCV for few extra $$$.

D

Deleted member 438

Even with the PCV I never got the bottom end (part throttle) tune perfectly. It was better but not great. Until I had a map sensor and use a pressure map base for the bottom end. Someone on the FZ1 forum suggest it to me. The PLX MAP sensor is an extra $100.00 and plug right in the PCV. That fix all my problem.

I tune it up with my Auto Tune... and will some help with the data logger (LCD-200)

(Can't upload my map to this page... trying to show the difference in fuel curve)

How does this whole map sensor thing work? How can we hook up it up to the autotune or PCV and then take the data to use it?
Thanks.

D

DJK1505

Just did a quick search on the PLX, is this a wide band that you can data log with?

DJ

D

Deleted member 438

Just did a quick search on the PLX, is this a wide band that you can data log with?

DJ

I just don't get how we can use its data to make maps. I believe that the MAP sensor is for intake pressure. Does the pcv make sense of this info or do we have to do it? This is sounding too high tech for me.

Marthy

You got it all wrong.. let me explain. There's 2 way to build map with the PCV. TPS base or pressure base. Or you can use both at the same time. PLX make different things... I use there MAP sensor. So what I did is use the Autotune to make my Pressure map the same way I did my TPS map. Things are a bit different but they both work nicely together. The pressure map help under 20% throttle. Make the fueling table much more accurate. There's quite a difference 4000RPM at 15% throttle if you're on the gun... or coasting.

So now about the Data logging, I use the LCD-200 from dynojet. It plug right in the PCV and you can see all the engine parameters. In my case RPM, Pressure, A/F ratio, TPS, Fuel correction... You can a 1G memory card in the LCD-200 and log data from your ride. When you get back home you can upload all the data, anal-yze (ya, very easy to go crazy...) then do the changes needed. At the end when I felt like the map was getting very close I wasn't using the Autotune... I was making the change manually.

I tried to post a sample of one of my map but couldn't figure it out. If someone want to look at it I can send it to you... PM me your email. It won't work on the FZ8 but it will give you an idea how it work. You can activate the pressure map from one of the top menu.

PLX make few different sensors, that's the one I have:
www.plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=SEMOSMVB

Last edited:
B

bren

I did is use the Autotune to make my Pressure map the same way I did my TPS map.

I must admit- im a bit of a fan of this autotune:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7UgAprdpM]Sweet Brown - Original Report and Autotune Remix.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Marthy

How does this whole map sensor thing work? How can we hook up it up to the autotune or PCV and then take the data to use it?
Thanks.

The signal wire from the PLX box hook up to the extra channel on the PCV. Not that bad. I'm not a geek and kind of figure it out with a minimum help.

D

DJK1505

I havent done much research on this yet, but just a quick look at Power Commanders web site, there is a new unit, the PCV-PTi. Has anyone looked into this more? From just a quick read it sounds like this is reading your pressure and allows you to build your fuel adjustment maps off the pressure tables. This is similar to what you are doing with the above mentioned, correct?

And it looks like it has the timing module built in. Huh gonna have to get back into the bike again. Been too busy learning about nissan motors and have put the bike up.

DJ

F

Fazed

The PCV-PTi appears to be aimed at forced induction applications with bikes such as the zx-14 and eye-abuser being in the application list. I think it is just a PCV with a 3 Bar MAP sensor, the same as what Marthy has done with his power commander by adding the PLX MAP sensor.

waypoint

mod squad
Juice Box Pro on it's way. Should be here by the end of the week. $215.44 delivered.
Review forthcoming.
Thanks for all the info 8ers!

Well, here it is 6 days after I ordered the Juice Box Pro from ATVGalaxy.com and no product, no emailed tracking number or reason for the delay in shipping. BTW, they are about 45 miles from me so no matter how they shipped it, it should have been here in a day... 2 days max.

So I called them and, though they charged my credit card last tuesday when I purchased it, they have to "look into it" cause they don't even know if it's been shipped. :mad:

Totally worth the $20 I saved ordering from them, right? Blacklisted!

C

Camo

Well, here it is 6 days after I ordered the Juice Box Pro from ATVGalaxy.com and no product, no emailed tracking number or reason for the delay in shipping. BTW, they are about 45 miles from me so no matter how they shipped it, it should have been here in a day... 2 days max.

So I called them and, though they charged my credit card last tuesday when I purchased it, they have to "look into it" cause they don't even know if it's been shipped. :mad:

Unless they remedy the problem and have a viable excuse.... I jumped up and down about an online company and the huge delay not long ago. Turned out the direct supply had been held up, rendering the company's hands tied.
Hopefully it gets sorted quickly mate.

H

Hoover

Call your credit card company. Most CC purchases are insured if the company fails to deliver.

waypoint

mod squad
Call your credit card company. Most CC purchases are insured if the company fails to deliver.

Absolutely! They have until tomorrow morning to cough up an explanation and tracking number or refund. If they don't, I'll make the call! Rat-Bastards!

waypoint

mod squad
Unless they remedy the problem and have a viable excuse.... I jumped up and down about an online company and the huge delay not long ago. Turned out the direct supply had been held up, rendering the company's hands tied.
Hopefully it gets sorted quickly mate.

Yea, I get it that sometimes shit happens that's outta their hands. All I need is a little love in the form of an email sayin "sorry, our vendor hasn't gotten us your product yet. But we'll keep ya posted!". Not too much to ask, right? :confused:

D

DJK1505

And if they dont come through you can cancel the TB, and order a PCV or Bazzaz! LOL

Marthy

Next time you have to order anything for your ride check out solomotoparts.com Ask for Tyler over there... he'll hook you up with some deal. Outstanding customer services also... Tell him Martin from the FZ6R forum send you...