DanMoto Rearsets... Still Like Em?

waypoint

mod squad
I live in the Antelope Valley near palmdale/lancaster. Do you have people in Thousand Oaks you ride with?

yea, my brother and another guy that works with him. they both have 600rrs. we generally ride the canyons in between topanga and encinal. lots of good twisties. we have a fun 20 minute loop we the isle of fred :rof: and it's fun to check out all the bikes/characters and have breakfast or lunch at the rockstore. it can get a little crowded on weekends with bicycles, cars and motorcycles sharing the roads, but everyone seems to show respect and stay on their side of the road. let me know if you ever wanna come down and ride with us.

anelson24

yea, my brother and another guy that works with him. they both have 600rrs. we generally ride the canyons in between topanga and encinal. lots of good twisties. we have a fun 20 minute loop we the isle of fred :rof: and it's fun to check out all the bikes/characters and have breakfast or lunch at the rockstore. it can get a little crowded on weekends with bicycles, cars and motorcycles sharing the roads, but everyone seems to show respect and stay on their side of the road. let me know if you ever wanna come down and ride with us.

That's awesome! I usually ride with a coworker that has a 1000rr but he recently got it impounded for being a jackass but we usually hit(when they are clear) bouquet canyon, Angeles crest, San francisquito canyon and various roads around us but I would definitely want to cruise down and meet up with you guys. Have you been riding much lately? This SoCal weather is garbage..last week it went from 65*F to a blizzard the next day then back to 65* the following day..:mad:

waypoint

mod squad
That's awesome! I usually ride with a coworker that has a 1000rr but he recently got it impounded for being a jackass but we usually hit(when they are clear) bouquet canyon, Angeles crest, San francisquito canyon and various roads around us but I would definitely want to cruise down and meet up with you guys. Have you been riding much lately? This SoCal weather is garbage..last week it went from 65*F to a blizzard the next day then back to 65* the following day..:mad:

Hahaha... we are definitely spoiled in the weather department. If it's below 60 we're pissed ;)
I've been riding about once a week. because of rain I knew was coming, I snuck out during the week a couple of times. My ECU is at ECUnleashed getting flashed so i didn't ride last weekend. This weekend's gonna be awesome so I hope it gets back to me by Friday.
Let me know when you wanna come down.

anelson24

Hahaha... we are definitely spoiled in the weather department. If it's below 60 we're pissed ;)
I've been riding about once a week. because of rain I knew was coming, I snuck out during the week a couple of times. My ECU is at ECUnleashed getting flashed so i didn't ride last weekend. This weekend's gonna be awesome so I hope it gets back to me by Friday.
Let me know when you wanna come down.

Haha I try to do the same AT LEAST once a week..it's been warming up gradually but you never can count on the weather out here unless its summer...haha how much is it to get the ecu reflashed? hopefully soon we can get a little ride together..see if some people from down here want to head over the hill towards your way!

jumb5150

ive only read one or two reviews on them... one of them was a bad review cos one broke when the bike went down.... keep the bike up.... hahaha

But I also did mention that out of the box they were scratched up and the screw for the sandwich plate was stripped....out of the box. Anno started to fade shortly. I live in sunny California. So im guessing UV protection wasn't good on the anno. The bike went down at no speed. Was warming it up and stand wasn't properly set. My fault. But for that little impact the whole shift side fell apart.

W

WARPTH

I found a local guy that supplies a lot of the domestic racers with gear, including rear sets. He's brand is Kaneg and I think I'll end up with a set from him($400ish) but not before I give the dan moto's a go. For $128 bux, why not!

Just Checked Out those Kaneg Rear Sets Your Talking About, Mate. THANK YOU
they are The Best Ones Ive Seen To date! Apart From The rizoma's. Think I Might Be Saving Up for Those Puppies!

waypoint

mod squad
Haha I try to do the same AT LEAST once a week..it's been warming up gradually but you never can count on the weather out here unless its summer...haha how much is it to get the ecu reflashed? hopefully soon we can get a little ride together..see if some people from down here want to head over the hill towards your way!

The ECU flash is $450 :eek: But I'm hoping for more than just fuel mapping changes. I'll be reporting when I get it back and get to give her a go.

I'm down for a so cal meet up and ride. That would be legit.

Absolutely! You thinkin the canyons, beach, rockstore, etc? or do you have other ideas? I'm open for suggestions and will start thinkin about it too. I'll friend you both and we can throw some ideas around. Any other SoCal riders, or any one for that matter, sound off if you'd be in for a forum meet up and ride!

anelson24

The ECU flash is $450 :eek: But I'm hoping for more than just fuel mapping changes. I'll be reporting when I get it back and get to give her a go.

Absolutely! You thinkin the canyons, beach, rockstore, etc? or do you have other ideas? I'm open for suggestions and will start thinkin about it too. I'll friend you both and we can throw some ideas around. Any other SoCal riders, or any one for that matter, sound off if you'd be in for a forum meet up and ride!

Hell yeah! I'm down for whatever! Just need to know a couple weeks in advance to request the day off of work! I was going to start a thread but figured I'd see what would work for you first since ill be heading somewhere not around here haha

Jwood9

Major Fail

To begin about these I received my set in december and was a huge fan up untill last night.

While riding my shift linkage broke off of the shift arm. None of the rearset parts failed, but the rearset itself caused a part of the bike to fail. Mind that the shift arm is only 39$ but just a heads up to all you danmoto owners.

The only reason i could see this happening is the different angle of the pull of the shift rod. Instead of it pulling nice and tight it pulled outward and back on the shift arm. This caused the welded spacer with threads in it to break off. Major PITA and i just ordered a set of vortex's today.

I was the biggest fan of danmoto until this happened. I am upset and want to let you guys know. The quality of the rear set is fine but the setup of them causes a part of the bike to fail.

I will try to post pics asap...