DanMoto Rearsets... Still Like Em?

S

Shock

Read enough reviews of all the issues people had with them not to waste my money

B

bren

still loving mine mate. Nice tight shifting, braking is fine, great riding position.

My annodizing is still looking good and no fading.

No issues at all- def worth splashing out 128 to give them a crack!

B

bren

ive only read one or two reviews on them... one of them was a bad review cos one broke when the bike went down.... keep the bike up.... hahaha

D

Deleted member 438

trixster8 has 'em and I think they are a good product. Anything on the bike can break if the bike goes down.

C

Camo

Read enough reviews of all the issues people had with them not to waste my money
Mate, I think the thread is by design asking for reviews. I don't think there has been to many negative reviews other than the one Bren mentioned?

I find it funny so many people run some of the god awful looking cans (clearly only my opinion)that dan moto flog off but rubbish the rear sets that actually look the goods??

I found a local guy that supplies a lot of the domestic racers with gear, including rear sets. He's brand is Kaneg and I think I'll end up with a set from him($400ish) but not before I give the dan moto's a go. For $128 bux, why not!

W

WARPTH

Mate, I think the thread is by design asking for reviews. I don't think there has been to many negative reviews other than the one Bren mentioned?

I find it funny so many people run some of the god awful looking cans (clearly only my opinion)that dan moto flog off but rubbish the rear sets that actually look the goods??

I found a local guy that supplies a lot of the domestic racers with gear, including rear sets. He's brand is Kaneg and I think I'll end up with a set from him($400ish) but not before I give the dan moto's a go. For $128 bux, why not!

Hey! The carbon gp looks awesome!

C

Camo

Yeah I don't mind the look of the carbon GP. I wouldn't have one but its the pick of the litter :)

H

Hoover

My Dan Moto looks the bollocks ya fucker :slap:

anelson24

Just got mine in the mail, they do feel kind of $128 worth, but nothing a little locktite can't tighten up...the actual materials used for the pegs and attachment to bike seem durable just without locktite (which they recommend using) it seems "loose"..gonna fit mine this weekend hopefully.

waypoint

mod squad
Just got mine in the mail, they do feel kind of $128 worth, but nothing a little locktite can't tighten up...the actual materials used for the pegs and attachment to bike seem durable just without locktite (which they recommend using) it seems "loose"..gonna fit mine this weekend hopefully.

Let us know how it goes and how you like them. Where in SoCal are you located?

F

Fazed

The only thing I would be wary of with Chinese products is their bolts and fasteners. They seem to be made from a low quality or soft metal. I'd be taking all the supplied bolts to your local bolt shop and ask for a new set. Other than that their machining has come a long way in the last few years.

B

bren

The only thing I would be wary of with Chinese products is their bolts and fasteners. They seem to be made from a low quality or soft metal. I'd be taking all the supplied bolts to your local bolt shop and ask for a new set. Other than that their machining has come a long way in the last few years.

a lot of the OEM bolts from the standard rearsets can be used when mounting the danmotos i think.

trixster8

i'm thinking about a set for track days. i know a few of you have them. you still like them?

I still like mine, well worth the money. But the pegs gave me problems at the track. They are rounded at the end, and it's hard to keep your boot on them. If you are going to do a lot of track days, I would consider a different rear set or at least different pegs.