#1 thing you'd tell Yama to improve on the FZ8

D

DJK1505

1. Suspension
2. Stock rear sets suck
3. Fuel Capacity
4. Make it a REAL 800 next time LOL
5. Make the gear shift reversible, most of the R6's and R1's you can just flip the linkage. Ours you HAVE to purchase another set up! Ridiculous!
6. they could do a little better with the seat, but its not high on the priority list
7. Maybe a few color options, I love the black but options are always nice

ramrod

Everything everyone else has mentioned, plus better mirrors. Getting tired of staring at my elbow during rides.

BTW, how are the ebay bar end mirorrs? I am weary about buying those because they are priced redicoulously low.

lothodon

Super Moderator
since a LOT of things we change are set up that way to be street legal worldwide i'd not request changes to those...mirrors for one.

(and by the way, the mirror thread is packed with info about the ebay bar end mirrors.)

even though it's the one thing i haven't messed with i'd go with suspension as well. at least upgrade it to the fz1 suspension components.

wa2txcory

Ramrod-I have the eBay bar end mirrors and they are pretty good. I used some locktite and they are very solid and no vibration. First time I have used bar end mirrors but they're great.

impostor1981

First three easy to fix :-D get FZ1 headlight, aftermarket suspension and aftermarket mirrors.
1st gear - hmmm get earplugs or put the music on louder :-D

C

Camo

To all the people who said their No.1 thing to change was suspension, allow me to join the bandwagon. If that's all they changed, it'd be a MASSIVE game changer.
But if we are nitpicking, why do they go to the trouble of making a huge, heavy ass toaster looking end can? Surely they can meet standards with something a little more attractive or at the very least, something that's easier to live with.

The mirrors maybe but I'd prefer they broaden the colour schemes instead. White with black forks and wheels, matt black with gold wheels etc...

Maybe an R version?

K-Gr.

There were once rumors of the R version, with Lazer exhaust and Öhlins suspensions. I think in the end it was available locally in France in limited quantity.

H

Hoover

NOTHING.
Keep it the way it is. CHEAP.
Let the owners do all the mods and keep the msrp as low as possible.

DLSGAP

SUSPENSION!!!!!!!!!

The footpegs flex way too much for someone who uses them to feel what the chassis is doing and to help with cornering. they're also a little too far forward and too low. Adjustable rearsets are in my future.

The OE tires SUCK. I realize that the fz isnt a true sport bike, despite it being listed with them, but the stones that she came with are hindering the handling and dont stick all that well... i was sliding the back end in corners without even getting on it.. (and yes they were scuffed in)