What did you pay for your Yamaha FZ8

mano1192

I just took the plunge tonight and got the bike for $7900 a 4 year warrenty for $600 and I still have to buy gear! Total with taxes was like 10k yikes :( But well worth it in my opinion, the bike is sweet!

mano1192

That's a great price! The other 2 dealers in Vegas had the msrp at 10k, I think it's due to the low quantities of the bike.

summit8

Brand new, 0 KM. I picked it up in Seattle. Best any dealer in the Lower Mainland would do was 9300 + HST.

Last edited:

Speedo007

wow thats a ridiculous price...and you didnt get screwed on customs when you crossed the borders? 8k total including all taxes and fees and everything??

summit8

Nope, just the 200 dollar RIV fee and HST (5% GST at the border and 7% PST when I licenced it). I didn't pay duty (6.1%) because of NAFTA, bikes are exempt. List for the bike was $6,999US, which, on the day I bought it, was 6,797 because of our dollar being at 1.043 US. By the time it's all said and done, I probably have about 8200 into it. That's including picking it up, gas, etc. Not too shabby.

Ummmm, they definitely didn't make money on this deal, not sure how I scored... thank god for craigslist!

Speedo007

its retails for 10500$ in Canada, I got mine for 9500$...then add taxes, accessories etc...

I think at 8200$ still a mighty good deal! I know for cars people arent buying them accross the border anymore, it takes a HUGE price difference with all they charge you when you cross the border...

Lou Menace

That's a great price! The other 2 dealers in Vegas had the msrp at 10k, I think it's due to the low quantities of the bike.

You said 2 dealers in Vegas. Hey Mano, I know of the Powersports on Craig that has the FZ8, where is the other store at?

Themanwhodidit

Sweet Deal in Colorado

I just bought my FZ8 on Thursday. After a few days and battling salesmen, I ended up getting the bike for $8,350 out the door. I got the 3.99% rate for three years. Killer bike at a great price!

Lou Menace

Nice. It'll be a while before I purchase mine, shooting for August. Hopefully I can get a good deal around that time too.

D

Deleted member 438

I paid $8148 at Highlands Yamaha in Countryside, IL. They also had a brand new 2009 FZ1 for $6799 that I was super tempted to buy and then do the euro conversion to the headlight.

mano1192

You said 2 dealers in Vegas. Hey Mano, I know of the Powersports on Craig that has the FZ8, where is the other store at?

Its the new Yamaha dealer on S. Rainbow between Warm Springs and the 215. Matt and Russ are great to deal with and they have gone out of their way to match online pricing for accessories etc. Great customer service, doesnt get much better!

casefc3s

Picked up mine for $8k at the Powersports on Craig in March, it was the last one they had in at the time (sure seems like they're hard to find!). I ended up doing the 3% for three years as well through Yamaha's finance, pretty good deal. I know it isn't necessary to do, but I got the service package with it, just saves me the trouble of shelling out every 4k miles with it paid in advance.

DownhomeMoto

Just got mine Sat for 8.9K out the door and a new Jacket and Helmet for free!!!! I'm Happy with mine. And it was the last one there!