What did you pay for your Yamaha FZ8

Speedo007

Last 2 bikes were a Speed Triple and a Scrambler, yeah I know quite different bikes, but both were just as fun in their own ways. :)

As for the luggage, I found this that was made for the Fz1:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMk_K8mm9nk]YouTube - Alu SW- Motech and Givi Racks partial set up - Yamaha 2005 FZ1[/ame]

Seems barely anything is left on the bike once you remove those 3 bolts on the sides. Motech rack looks like a better option then the Givi rack which isnt easily removable...

Also considering the soft luggage too. Might just rent a touring bike when I need to do 2000km in a week with passenger..

sendtoharvey

fz8 price

StL, MO just picked mine up yesterday at $8000 OTD
I don't think it's a super cheap deal, but i'm happy as my VIN ends in 00003
:)

Speedo007

yep Speed Triple was a great bike, just sold it before losing my license. Turns you into a stupid teenager the minute you sit on it...

yeah id say he got a great deal.... lol nice my vin ends in 00007 and i bought mine last year and the bike i test rode at our local bike rally was 00005

sendtoharvey

yeah id say he got a great deal.... lol nice my vin ends in 00007 and i bought mine last year and the bike i test rode at our local bike rally was 00005

you got the 007 bike...awesome..
i'm not sure if this fz will be a hit stateside...everyone always wants supersports..but i love it so far..

Speedo007

Come visit us on this side of the border (Canada) and you'll find you got a pretty decent deal considering our money is now worth exactly the same.:p The RSP here is 10500$ for the FZ8 and 11000$ for the Fazer 8

i know they dont how lucky they are when it comes to prices over there!!! compared to here in canada!!!

Speedo007

hehe, yeah well I lost 1000$ on a deposit I put at a Triumph dealer...so it cost me 10500$ for the bike too :p Yamaha were willing to cut 1000$ of the bike so I leave the deposit there...

Speedo007

Had an 2009 Speed Triple, was a blast, but was just impossible for me to be reasonable on it, thats the only reason I sold it.

My deposit was on a TIger 800xc, but it was taking forever to arrive, and Im not the most patient guy when it comes to waiting for a bike :p

tiger xc thats like an adventure bike right? i have never been on a model like that have you ever tried one?

Speedo007

Yes it's an adventure bike and no never got to see one in person. Might buy a used one as a 2nd bike next year though.

It's a 3 cylinder engine, 800cc.

very nice looks fun reminds me of my motocross days...i am thinking about picking up a couple dirtbikes/motocross for the girlfriend and myself i miss those trail days and days at the sand pit!!!