What are you doing?

V

Vapordan

Located some serious twisties on a map just north of me. Get real excited. Suit up. And ride out. Dripping with anticipation. Must have just missed the exit. Can't find the f$&@ing trail. Circle back. Nothing. Hang a left and ride 20 minutes. Not a dam. Double back. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Didn't bring the map either. After an hour searching I give up, hoof it back to base. Pissed. Front lifted up the asphalt on on an aggressive change, luv it. Serious torque here, I am running her in with a very heavy hand. Will have to try again this weekend. On the good side, the bike is serious fun man.

Last edited by a moderator:

MojoRisin

Waiting to get my bike back from the dealer. Heard a ticking in the engine, took it in to have it checked out. They found some wear from the "altenator" but called in and said something about the clutch behind that also is off. Going on 4 weeks now. Honestly I think when I get the bike back I'm going to sell it just so I don't have to deal with this dealer anymore. This is ridiculous.

V

Vapordan

Just came back from the twisties. Fav spot, Forks of the credit river. What a blast. Love rowing through the gearbox man. Love it. Midway through entry to a corner, old man literally walks into my path, stops and motions for me to slow down. Wtf? I had to sway to avoid him. I had passed him on the way up and i wasnt fast, just spirited riding up in the 6k rpm range. Guess the sound made it seem faster than it really was. I swear I wasn't fast.

I don't really understand folks who complain about a lack of power. Power is immediately available one gear lower. 2 gears lower? Front is coming up! What more do you want? If you need a jet, you are on the wrong side of the fence. The is the streets people.

DLSGAP

Laying in bed with my girlfriend ... but the dog has wedged in-between us. Need to get up and clean the bike a bit before work today. Wishing I didn't have to work but until the whole lottery thing works for me what can i do. And we're having sushi today so that's something to look forward to...

Wtf im seeing lightning out. It's supposed to be clear and sunny today.. ughhh!!!

FZER

Avid Rider
Laying in bed with my girlfriend ... but the dog has wedged in-between us. Need to get up and clean the bike a bit before work today. Wishing I didn't have to work but until the whole lottery thing works for me what can i do. And we're having sushi today so that's something to look forward to...

Wtf im seeing lightning out. It's supposed to be clear and sunny today.. ughhh!!!

Summer time in the south....I'm going fishing Saturday. It's my childhood home. We call it the aquarium, because it's a small private lake that doesn't get fished much. Lots of largemouth bass. They aren't all that big, I would think because of competition, but still a blast to catch. Plus, I don't have to worry about "The Man" messing with me about a fishing license. Terrible, you have to pay to fish......

chodatus

Just came back from the twisties. Fav spot, Forks of the credit river. What a blast. Love rowing through the gearbox man. Love it. Midway through entry to a corner, old man literally walks into my path, stops and motions for me to slow down. Wtf? I had to sway to avoid him. I had passed him on the way up and i wasnt fast, just spirited riding up in the 6k rpm range. Guess the sound made it seem faster than it really was. I swear I wasn't fast.

I don't really understand folks who complain about a lack of power. Power is immediately available one gear lower. 2 gears lower? Front is coming up! What more do you want? If you need a jet, you are on the wrong side of the fence. The is the streets people.

Where exactly are these twisties? Also in the GTA area.

C

calscrazy

meeting up with another fz8 for a breakfast run. after the fz8 needs a bath.

lyric911

Going back to the store to exchange the extended needle nose pliers I just bought yesterday. They broke about halfway though gutting the cat on my FZ.

V

Vapordan

Where exactly are these twisties? Also in the GTA area.

The forks of the credit river. Thats about as twistie as you will get around here. Couple of half decent ones way up Humber river road to highway 9 in caledon. Snake pit I hear is good but I haven't yet been. Where bouts r u, I am in Brampton.

C

calscrazy

[/IMG]

mines the black one! :D

V

Vapordan

It looks like Canadiens are interested in Euro soccer :) Are you watching the final?

espanya espanya espanya, what a cut-ass!!! Embarassing the way they got their rear end served up.

FZER

Avid Rider
Absolutely got the shit scared out of me last night. It's been in the 100's for almost a week and last night we finally got that upper level disturbance mess and had a terrible thunderstorm yesterday. Two lightning strikes were very close to the house, one so close that I cut my elbow running to the other side of the to check to make sure my wife was ok. :eek: Thirty minutes later the A/C compressor on the outside unit wasn't working. Thank God it had a fail safe overcurrent circuit and after turning the main breaker off for about 15 minutes everything started working again. I loved the rain, but dang.

I noticed today 2 million folks up in the northeast don't have power and it's hitting the upper 90's-100's again today. Maybe I should have a cat on my bike to stop global warming. I bet that one starts some debate. LOL!

Last edited:
V

Vapordan

Did a coffee shop run. Couple guys circling my bike, ogling. I don't like it anymore. Makes me nervous, what if one trips and tosses my bike. There'll be no 'sorry', here.

Anyway, one of the guys owns a BMW 8. It looks good too. We got to talking, he says he loves his bike, 2 years old. Bought brand new, now has 6k km. And he has had to tow it a few times because it wouldn't start. I said 'right after winter', puzzled thinking its the batter? Nope. middle of summer. Says it is just so embarassing. I felt for the guy. I used to have a kawasaki that would intentionally not start especially when hot chicks work looking - well that's how i felt! NEway, Quick google, it's a very common problem on those bikes. They stall, cut-off, hard-start. The guy says the only saving grace is that it has a 3 year warranty and he doesn't ride much. Pity the bike mags don't highlight that when they talk up the bimmer eh?

C

Camo

I'm sitting here looking everywhere for a solution to my exhaust problem. The MIVV I bought is just to loud for my early morning commute, I'm firing it up at 1:30am and it's dead silent until the MIVV starts growling. I've woken my kids a few times so it's got to go sadly.

Anyone sporting a yoshi r77d or the r77?
How are they noise wise?
Anyone want to weigh in with their opinion about the dan moto Gp conical or the Other gp style one as well?
Also if anyone in Australia is looking to buy a MIVV double gun, shoot me a mail, see if we can't get you a good deal :D

sinclap2

Lazy
I'm sitting here looking everywhere for a solution to my exhaust problem. The MIVV I bought is just to loud for my early morning commute, I'm firing it up at 1:30am and it's dead silent until the MIVV starts growling. I've woken my kids a few times so it's got to go sadly.

Anyone sporting a yoshi r77d or the r77?
How are they noise wise?
Anyone want to weigh in with their opinion about the dan moto Gp conical or the Other gp style one as well?
Also if anyone in Australia is looking to buy a MIVV double gun, shoot me a mail, see if we can't get you a good deal :D

Hey Camo,

I have the Danmoto Carbon fibre fitted and I wouldn't exactly call it quiet. I just got the baffle they have on offer, to see what kind of difference it does make. I will let you know, but from what I have read I don't think it makes much difference. The noise it makes from my point of view is awesome but as I said I want see what kind of difference the baffle makes.