Uncomfortable passenger seat

Guillaume

Hi,

So, for obvious bachelor-owning-an-FZ8-and-taking-girls-on-rides and aesthetics reasons, I refuse to install the passenger handlebars (nothing like a nice hug).
Now the issue with that is that the passenger ends up sitting tight with me right behind my back. Their butt is pretty much resting between the rear of the rider seat and the front of the passenger seat. Right onto that big lump making it a fairly uncomfortable riding position.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket FZ8 passenger seat with the front of it that would taper down and fit snugly with the rider seat, mimicking a one piece rider/passenger combo seat?

I looked around a little but can't find anything.

Thanks

mikefz8

Hi,

So, for obvious bachelor-owning-an-FZ8-and-taking-girls-on-rides and aesthetics reasons, I refuse to install the passenger handlebars (nothing like a nice hug).
Now the issue with that is that the passenger ends up sitting tight with me right behind my back. Their butt is pretty much resting between the rear of the rider seat and the front of the passenger seat. Right onto that big lump making it a fairly uncomfortable riding position.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket FZ8 passenger seat with the front of it that would taper down and fit snugly with the rider seat, mimicking a one piece rider/passenger combo seat?

I looked around a little but can't find anything.

Thanks

A company called topsellerie makes what you described check this link out and build your OWN custom seat. I cant speak for anything other than finding the link as I still own the stock saddle for my 8. If you do buy one share with us all how it works out for you.

Last edited:

lyric911

A company called topsellerie makes what you described check this link out and build your OWN custom seat. I cant speak for anything other than finding the link as I still own the stock saddle for my 8. If you do buy one share with us all how it works out for you.

My top sellerie will be here tomorrow. I plan on posting about it.

hypo

AIRHAWK | Comfort Seating Products, Motorcycle Seat Cushions

my buddy cruises the strip lookin for hotties all the time and he has an airhawk on his pillion when he does it (about $100-$150). ... in comparison, the pillion by Corbin is $200ish....

he got the airhawk for his girlfriend... think they lasted about 2 years and he hated riding in a cage so he got her a comfy pad for her ass. I think he's had more motorcycles than he's had girlfriends, or is it more girlfriends than motorcycles...

Guillaume

Thanks for the info, I'll look into their products. The link you attached shows a one piece seat, I'll see if they have a 2 piece one.

My top sellerie will be here tomorrow. I plan on posting about it.

I look forward to seeing.

AIRHAWK | Comfort Seating Products, Motorcycle Seat Cushions

my buddy cruises the strip lookin for hotties all the time and he has an airhawk on his pillion when he does it (about $100-$150). ... in comparison, the pillion by Corbin is $200ish....

he got the airhawk for his girlfriend... think they lasted about 2 years and he hated riding in a cage so he got her a comfy pad for her ass. I think he's had more motorcycles than he's had girlfriends, or is it more girlfriends than motorcycles...

Not sure I'm looking for a cover but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks

Guillaume

The TS seat for the fz8 is a 2 piece seat, they just touch and it appears as a one piece.

Ah, I see now. I didn't really understand how the website worked. I'll play with it a little, the lower profile version (type 1 designer style) looks promising but seems to be just a cover.

Last edited:

lyric911

Ah, I see now. I didn't really understand how the website worked. I'll play with it a little, the lower profile version (type 1 designer style) looks promising but seems to be just a cover.

Top 3 are full seats. Next 3 are just covers.

lyric911

Man i can't wait . Did you get deluxe 1,2 or 3? Hope it fits well, and is comfy. Did you send out your seat or do the swap or are they providing the base?

Deluxe 1, gel front and back. I had them provide the base. I didn't want to be without a bike for nearly a month. Also I figured whenever I sell the bike I could sell the seat here separately and wind up with more money than if I just sold it on the bike.

sandroon

i've bought a SHAD for FZ8 and i've solved my problems. Great choice Larger more than 15% than the original and confortable for my passenger. But it remain track oriented. Take a look Shad Seat

FZER

Avid Rider
Yeah I should have messed around with my seat much sooner than now. I've been spending money on wants and I need a new seat. I'd like to be able to do 400-500 mile days without fealing like a damn horse kicked me in the ass.

I'm having some problems navagating their website. What's the difference between type1, 2, and 3?

Last edited:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Type 1 and 2 have different accents, type 3 the rear is just a cover. I am waiting patiently for lyric to give us the low down on his seat:eatcorn:

jumb5150

i've bought a SHAD for FZ8 and i've solved my problems. Great choice Larger more than 15% than the original and confortable for my passenger. But it remain track oriented. Take a look Shad Seat

How much do they run? and where did you get it? Also if you have a pic pls put it up because Im really interested in this.

sandroon

How much do they run? and where did you get it? Also if you have a pic pls put it up because Im really interested in this.

If you want take a look at my album. It contains many photos of my seat and my bike (before many mods ;) )
In Italy you can find it for about 200 - 250 euros but it's non a cover but a complete seat set instead.
I think they sell directly....

lyric911

Type 1 and 2 have different accents, type 3 the rear is just a cover. I am waiting patiently for lyric to give us the low down on his seat:eatcorn:

I rode about 130 miles last night. The distance until sore ass set in was much greater. Short version - buy this seat (with gel insert).

I got home too late to take pics/do a full write up. Should be able to tonight after work.

FZER

Avid Rider
I rode about 130 miles last night. The distance until sore ass set in was much greater. Short version - buy this seat (with gel insert).

I got home too late to take pics/do a full write up. Should be able to tonight after work.

I'm not sure but I think in another thread you got me once with this one, so I can't resist.
:needpics:
Nutin but love brother.

Guillaume

Deluxe 1, gel front and back. I had them provide the base. I didn't want to be without a bike for nearly a month. Also I figured whenever I sell the bike I could sell the seat here separately and wind up with more money than if I just sold it on the bike.

I found your review. Great info, thanks for putting this together. You other guys should check it out.
All black and gold threads was also the direction I was going (I'm waiting for samples). Do the gold stitching, FZ8 and logo match the front fork pretty well?
Thank again

Last edited: