Turn Signals: The Good & The Bad

BigD

Hey

So I'm prob being a Mong but how are you able to attach the new flashers? Using the old flasher mounts or?? Is there a write up as I can't find one in search...

cla4de

Hey

So I'm prob being a Mong but how are you able to attach the new flashers? Using the old flasher mounts or?? Is there a write up as I can't find one in search...
no forget the old mount I've costum made some mount, and those blinker are as bright if not brighter then the stock

cla4de

myklobe

Model Zeros up front for me.

I swapped to these after my craptastic ones died after a week. Smoke Flush Mounts looked nice, but died soooo fast. These are actually visible in the day and super bright at night. Had them over a month now and no problems at all. You will need to buy the turn signal adapter plates, but, in the end, totally happy with them!

BigD

Anymore pics of adapter plates?
What did you use for your plates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dtbrown

I swapped to these after my craptastic ones died after a week. Smoke Flush Mounts looked nice, but died soooo fast. These are actually visible in the day and super bright at night. Had them over a month now and no problems at all. You will need to buy the turn signal adapter plates, but, in the end, totally happy with them!

I've been using the same ones for over a year now. They have been great.

myklobe

Anymore pics of adapter plates?
What did you use for your plates?

Black Carbon Stalk Turn Signal Adapter Plate Yamaha FZ8 2011 2012 2013 FZ09 2014 | eBay

They are just 2-3mm plastic plates that fill the big hole where the originals went on. The Model Zero's had a smaller threaded stalk than my rears, so they needed them. I'll get outside and take a picture of them tonight.

And they are pretty dang bright in the day. I was concerned because of how small they were, but they do a great job emitting the amber light (the entire clear casing glows, actually looks really slick at night).

Sorry about the slow response... been out of town.

myklobe

With and without flash. Kind of crappy pics, but you can really see how well they light up. This is in the parking garage at work.

Mta1981

Then I bought these:

2 Color LED Signals

Rating: 9/10

These things are bada$$! I love them. The blue gives it a nice look at night and catches people's eyes. They are very bright compared to the ones I bought before and am completely satisfied with them. One thing I would like to see in these would have been at least one or two LEDs to be pointed out to the sides to have to be more visible that way but other than that, these things are bright and do their main job! Love them!

These lights are dope!!!!:wav:

Darksabre

I'll second that! These are very bright in the daylight, and look a looooot better than the stock flashers.

bgpietro

Hi..may i ask something..I want to buy xenon lights for my fz8,do you know some links where i can see them..and also if you know the type of lamp where i must buy..Thanks!

Sinooch

Hi..may i ask something..I want to buy xenon lights for my fz8,do you know some links where i can see them..and also if you know the type of lamp where i must buy..Thanks!

Do you mean a Xenon head lamp or the turn signal bulbs?

SilverSlugger00

So I'll begin

I bought these:
Flush Mount Smoke LED Signals

Rating: 3/10

If you don't care to have visible turn signals in the front, buy these. Overall they look nice but when I turned them on, I could barely see them in normal daylight, and at night they weren't impressive it at all. Even the clear ones weren't that great. What I did like was the mounting of them but that's it.

Then I bought these:

2 Color LED Signals

Rating: 9/10

These things are bada$$! I love them. The blue gives it a nice look at night and catches people's eyes. They are very bright compared to the ones I bought before and am completely satisfied with them. One thing I would like to see in these would have been at least one or two LEDs to be pointed out to the sides to have to be more visible that way but other than that, these things are bright and do their main job! Love them!

With that second set of lights how did you mount them in the front? I was thinking of getting those but I have been trying to figure out a mount. I know a british company makes a plate that you can use in conjunction with those lights but the plate alone is like $80.

nightttime

Turn signals are a hit or miss when it comes to eBay. I thought about starting this thread to have people post the signals they got and if they're satisfied or not. Please include a link or name of the signals, and a picture in case in the future the link gets broken!

I just bought these on eBay after your review, although I found a seller selling them for $9.99 or $19.99, I went with the 9.99 price. I hope they work! I would like that blue glow for my front blinkers.