Stunting of any sort thread!

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
How are you geared? I'm -1+2, Graves full exh, intake box mod and bmc filter, PCV and autotune but, I can ride into fourth gear no sweat

Bram

I also like to stunt. Once, I drove only with one hand.
The people who watched it happen didn't believe it at first and took out their cameras. It was the most badass moment in my life:cool:

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
How are you geared? I'm -1+2, Graves full exh, intake box mod and bmc filter, PCV and autotune but, I can ride into fourth gear no sweat

I'm geared normal, Marthy midship, Pcv with tune, ais plates, bmc filter with airbox mod. I just can't see dropping down to 124mph overall...... Maybe if I never wanted to do a track day but I want to this coming spring.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
With my group of friends we see alot of different tracks and I did a standing mile this summer and as I sit, I ran 145, it was all she had left and I hit it about the half-mile mark but it wasn't nearly as bad as my calculations of 125

frogger

i wouldn't lock the rear into turns if u want to learn drifting its just asking for a high side crash. and in drifting the rear tyre is spinning like a burn out and will be quite unstable as it has no grip compaired to a locked tyre that is dragging along the road doing everything it can to stop its sideways motion.

the best way to learn would be start with a simple burnout and progress into a circle burnout. once u can do that with no feet on the ground u move on to doing it without the front brake fully engaged. then make the circles bigger and bigger. it will cost a lot which is why stunt riders get sponsors. also locking the rear into a turn will create flat spots on your tyre along the side in random spots so if u go into a corner hard and leaning over u will probably have a higher chance of loosing traction from hitting one of those worn spots and u will low side.

there is risk with any stunt but there are ways to minimise them so you can spend more time learning rather then healing.

b-eock

I'm gonna step in here... In drifting the way you HAVE to start the drift is locking the rear tire. It actually just barely sliding over the surface. It barely its up tread when drifting. Its rolling burnouts and burnouts that kill tires FAST. Will drifting go through them faster, yeah, but not as fast as you'd think..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

b-eock

Reviving this thread from the dead. Check out my new drifting vid. It's crappy and at night time, so make your remarks. That's my 3rd time working on drifting.

b-eock

Vids in first post guys! I added it and the bumped the thread!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

b-eock

I plan on buying a '13 FZ8 when I get the money. So I can have both bikes. I love the FZ8. and I just got some day time footage. Gonna upload soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Man I sooooo want to start having fun..... But my 8 is still almost mint LOL.... I'm stubborn, I wanna learn.... But I don't want to scratch it lol.
Anyways, cool vids, keep it up man!

FastZ8

Man I sooooo want to start having fun..... But my 8 is still almost mint LOL.... I'm stubborn, I wanna learn.... But I don't want to scratch it lol.
Anyways, cool vids, keep it up man!

That's the same way I am.I try and keep my bike as nice as possible but sooner or later they get a spot or two here and there.It happens if you ride them.I'll probably never bring myself to stunt mine or bash on it too hard but I would love to buy a used bike that's already been stunted and have at it lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
It's going to happen, I know it. I'm doing a few track days this year, I'm going to be the pit guy for two of my buddies that will be racing this year, all I have to pay for is food lol. So after I get a few trackways in me I'm probably going to just suck it up and start doing some things, I have a good set up (ninja style) armor for my low section and a pair of Draggin jeans to go over the armor. So my days are numbered lol :p

FastZ8

I keep waiting for the day I put a good scratch on mine because I know it's going to happen.if you ride a bike it will get scratches it's just gona happen there is no way to stop it. But the day mine does I'm going to start ordering paint. Black and Red Marble I've already planned it out haha. Makes me feel better about it.Like sort of a back up plan with a perk.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk