Stunting of any sort thread!

b-eock

No comments? I tried hard to get what you guys wanted.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TwoWheels

Lol, I'll comment :) You're getting pretty sick, dude! I'm still working on baby wheelies, and you're popping up spreaders?!? Tank spreaders?!?! Dude! And on the highway? So you're popping up second gear with ease now?

I get my wheel up, and high, but trying to find the balls to chase it out. Haven't touched second yet. You're going leaps and bounds man :) Looks like you got a group that supports you, props man :)

Keep rocking at least one wheel on the ground man! Shiny side up :) I'll keep slowly chasing you in the background, lol :)

b-eock

Lol, I'll comment :) You're getting pretty sick, dude! I'm still working on baby wheelies, and you're popping up spreaders?!? Tank spreaders?!?! Dude! And on the highway? So you're popping up second gear with ease now?

Thank you ;)

No, the tank spreaders I use first gear. And I almost fell off once (slipped off the tank as I was past 12 o'clock, and it wasn't that same night ride). I don't freak out about things that go wrong, until after it is done. That way I stay in control and calm.

Yes, I can do 1st gear tank spreaders and sit downs easily. And then I can shift through the gears. while doing sit downs. Stand ups, I do 1st-4th depending on speed.

I get my wheel up, and high, but trying to find the balls to chase it out. Haven't touched second yet. You're going leaps and bounds man :) Looks like you got a group that supports you, props man :)

I can now do shifting sit downs through fourth. I like to think I have it in me, that it's like intuition to me. I know that a lot of it is skill, but the drive to keep advancing, and not letting anything hold me back. Be it the po po, money shortage to buy proper setups, etc...

Keep rocking at least one wheel on the ground man! Shiny side up :) I'll keep slowly chasing you in the background, lol :)

Ain't nothing wrong with that. You're trying! I wish you luck and safety! Thanks again!

Here is my pic
and that's from 4 days ago!

Last edited:

Ironman267

You still using stock gearing ? I lowered 1 on the front sprocket but havent really got the hang of clutching up yet ,,, i dont need to clutch on my dirtbike , so i sound like a squid everytime i try it ,,, hahahahaha ...

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Oh Ya I was just about to go do a freeway wheelie sitting on the tank...

I've been trying to pop them in 2nd :-\ I can in first but then when I get up close to balance point I'm afraid I'm gonna give her the whiskey grip and flip. But I kno I need to get better with the rear brake.

Have you thought about putting another rear brake on there? I mean you hhave the need for it so it seems good job!

b-eock

I find it hard to do second gear sit downs. Very hard... I have done it q couple of times successfully. I probably need new clutch plates soon. I like doing stand ups and tank spreaders. And then sit down shifting through the gears.

And this is with the stock gearing...

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I feel weird using the passenger pegs.

But with a good bounce and weight shift 2nd pulls up good for me when standing. But alas, I cannot ride them out like a g.

I guess I should master sit down first. Maybe I can get a little pic for the thread lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

b-eock

Stunters actually do stand ups before they work on their sit downs. Last night I started moving myself, while in a wheelie. Like switching pegs, doing a one legger wheelie. Nothing crazy lol

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Ya but doing stand ups in first is terrifying. Well, for me. It comes up so fast!

I mean, it's like I get it up so fast, but then I just can't keep it up! Just like a lot of guys, it's perfectly natural...

Wait... I mean we are talking about wheelies right?

b-eock

Yes we're talking about wheelies lol . ;) um what gear are you doing them? And I suggest doing staggered in 1st and 2nd. It is very awkward at first, but you get that brake in case you go too far back. Its very weird at first, but it comes in handy.

TwoWheels

Everything I've read and watched on youtube tells me I should be trying staggered, because it's easier to learn balance.... but the reality is I'm more comfortable not chasing while sitting and cursing after the fact because staggered feels so weird. Lol. Time to try and get over that so I can at least hit BP without manufacturing a handbrake for our bike! Lol :)

b-eock

Staggered in first and second?

Yes, staggered stance in first and second gear, I use both rear pegs in third.

Everything I've read and watched on youtube tells me I should be trying staggered, because it's easier to learn balance.... but the reality is I'm more comfortable not chasing while sitting and cursing after the fact because staggered feels so weird. Lol. Time to try and get over that so I can at least hit BP without manufacturing a handbrake for our bike! Lol :)

I'm actually considering that. I found a stunt buddy who does that kind of stuff. Money. Money always seems to be my issue lol.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Adding a rear brake is no problem. A million companies make brackets, and we have an fz1 swing arm (says me based on a loose speculation) which means one should exist. If not I nothing you could have one cut up for cheap. Then grab an xl stunt line, and go find any brake and lever that looks like it'll fit.
I mean, that ^ is probably the best how to on the forum so far... No reason for you not to have it :)

I'm off to go try some wheelies. I need to find someone to grab a pic. A video might be too sad

Ironman267

-1 in the front , stock rear ,, throws speedo off by 8 or so mph , i thought stock felt doggy until it got some rpm , i dont care how fast it goes ,,, but i wanted hard xcelleration ,,,

b-eock

So guys, in the true stunters eyes. I have no skills at stunting. I'm just some noob going and doing pow pows thinking I'm good and cool. So for now I'm done. I'm done with it all :/ I can't do this :/

MikeC

Weekend Rider
You might be done, but the super newbs are just getting started!

I was trying power wheelies for the longest time scaring the crap out of myself when it actually did come up. And THEN I discovered that clutch wheelies are a LOT easier! I don't know who ever told me that power wheelies are better, but in terms of predictability and repeatability, I like clutch popups more. I'm sure they're harder on the drivetrain, but after doing a few, I'm finding it easier and easier to get the front off the ground! Hooray!

My noob impression and initial pushback was that it sounded really harsh for the bike, (and it is), BUT you gotta pay to play! I was getting tired of revving the crap out of the bike to power wheelie and come down all disoriented about where the revs were.

As far as impression on technique required, it really is about timing. Kind of in the same way that you would do a rolling burn out in a manual car. It almost feels like you forget to shift during an upshift, and drop the clutch and yes, it's about dropping the clutch aggressively at the right time, if you hit it right, it makes an interesting sound and then puts the front in the air. Kinda fun! :)