Stunting of any sort thread!

TwoWheels

Glad you guys are keeping on. I'm slipping back :/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sorry to hear you're gonna be slipping back :( You may not be a "stunter" to real stunt riders, but then again, this isn't a zx6r, it's a fun bike. Meant to be confortable, cheap, fun for cruising and for jerking around. You and Landin are probably our top wheelie guys, and you should be proud of that :)

I've raced a lot of cars at a lot of tracks over my life, but I'll never forget what I learned after getting to race against an actual pro race car driver, it's all about seat time. I can race recreationally in AutoX and track days, and have a ball, but I'll never be a "real" racer until it's all I do. I have no intention of being a race car driver, so I don't care if "real" racers think I'm slow.

To me, it's the same with riding, wether it be fast canyon carves, or pulling off "stunts". Stunter 13 and Jason Britton (as well as every other stunter on the planet) say that it's years of practice to get to a professional level. YEARS. Thousands of crashes and fails, and lots of money and maintenance.

I don't mean any of this to sound negative, derogatory, or offensive in any way at all; I'm trying to be positive and say, dude, you got skills, a hell of a lot more than we got, but they're learned. Like a kid trying to walk, it just takes time and practice (and money, and repairs, and patience, lol) Don't even get me started on akro's... Jesus, that's impossible to me, lol.

Our bike might not be the best stunt bike, but it's not a bad one. Just not as good as a zx6r or f4i, just because the aftermarket is huge for them. I ride for fun, I don't care about the many guys here and outside of here that can whomp on me on a track, or on the street, or in a stunt capacity. I ride for me :)

Hopefully this didn't come across as being a dick, because it was totally meant to be the opposite, but since my people skills kinda suck, if I offended you in any way, just ignore my post. I'm just some random nobody that you'll never meet anyway. But if it came off as positive, and you want to be a "real" stunter, it just takes seat time.... You've already got a huge headstart on any of us on this forum :)

You rock, and I hope to see more videos of you doing the things I want to be able to do for fun a year from now :)

b-eock

Thanks for the kind words. The stuff you see is my progress from the begging of this year. That's the length of time I've owned the bike. And the practice time I've had.

b-eock

Never tried rolling burn outs. I've tried sliding/drifting. Somewhat haha

TwoWheels

Has anyone tried drifting much? Or rolling bur outs?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

That's funny that you mentioned that. I've been trying to get up the nerve to do a rolling burnout... That's the first step to sliding. My problem is, since I'm just starting, when I get a good tire burn, and put my feet on the pegs to roll forward, I immediately (well within 3 seconds) have to stable myself again. I don't have the balance yet to rock a burnout, so until then, I cant do a rolling one.

The "stunting" aspect for me is is just something to do for fun, like sliding a car around a corner. It's something I hope I can get decent at, but have no aims to go higher than that. I've watched the ancient StarBoys videos on youtube, so I'm an expert in everything, lol.

For me, it'll just take time. But if y'all have a video of you doing the stupid shit I'm trying to practice up to do, I'd love to see it. I love watching people with more talent than I have doing the cool things I want to learn to do :)

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
I've been rockin rollies for about 6 months now but there hell on a tire. I actually start mine from a roll though TwoWheels. I've gotten a little bit of drifting in but it's all been like 5-footers in low speed curves and such.

And what the heck is a sit-down? I can ride my wheelies into third but it's just in a normal seated position nothing fancy.

TwoWheels

And what the heck is a sit-down? I can ride my wheelies into third but it's just in a normal seated position nothing fancy.

Lol, yup. That's it. Just a wheelie in the seated position. Apparently staggered or double rear pegs is easier to learn balance point.

I don't gotta worry about that with my 2 second, first gear clutch ups ;) Up, down, see how cool I am? Lol :D

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Nice! Glad to see a few others trying! I started with locking up and sliding around turns, and regular burnouts. Now I just continue to burnout as I release the brake, but I guess I don't have the money to keep practicing, nor the patience to keep changing tires...

I don't have any sliders or actually any protection should I loop out so I don't get too crazy.

But everyone knows where I live, you can pretty much follow the skid marks around the turns to my place :)

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I've been rockin rollies for about 6 months now but there hell on a tire. I actually start mine from a roll though TwoWheels. I've gotten a little bit of drifting in but it's all been like 5-footers in low speed curves and such.

What does your speed/rpm look like when you break loose? I always slide my front tire and I'm not afraid of falling, I'm afraid of pooping myself while almost falling, Cuz that's what I though was happening last time.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
:D
I'm usually only rolling like 9 to 12 MPH, I get a little brake pressure in there and wind her up like i was gonna do a normal burnout. I can't give you exact numbers because I've dramatically cut back seeing as they are extremely addictive and I shredded a good tire with less than 1k miles on it. Maybe I'll go drop a couple in the A.M.......For Science, of course

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Wheelies I most certainly learned by accident, I can't recall what I was doing exactly but it was a first gear clutch pop that probably only brought me up by inches but it started the fire.

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
Now I've learned how to hop on the fuel tank when I'm riding. This is of great concern for me because I'm already wanting to try a wheelie or a rollie but, I'm using my greatest of self restraint since I do enjoy this bike so much and I'm going to try finding an F4i or an old 636 somebody has rashed up already.

b-eock

Yeah, please be careful! I don't wanna feel responsible for someone getting hurt :/ I mean, I want the people who want to stunt, to progress and get better. I just don't want them to get hurt either :/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

SD70M2

Drag-Strip addict
You've got that, I've got to many surgery scars and steel reinforced extremities to not be at the very least cautious. Like I say, I want to get a thrasher bike because I figure I'm more prone to succeed and less prone to make a mistake bigger than it should be if I'm not freaking out about hurting my bike.

FZ8Ryder

I was just out on a ride today and I was trying my clutch ups.
Here is the link to the video of me practicing. Just working on getting better. Please feel free to offer any tips, advice or comments. Thanks!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZfhqfQWeGg]Wheelie Practice 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
So........ Now i have the itch, I've been riding for 4 years.....(I know, I'm still a noob) but my first bike was a -1 +2 cbr600rr 2007, and on my first solo ride I went over the top side of a gravity well (steep a$$ dip) and was moderately accelerating and saw nothing but sky, literally..... No road, no trees, no power lines, just blue and white, I was doing a 12o clock and then some I suppose because of the angle.

So like a scared little wabbit! I chopped the throttle, and since I was immediately re-entering earths atmosphere at that time I braced myself for death and did nothing but smack really hard and pop a fork seal.

I don't know how I didn't crash.
And I never, ever, thought I'd want to do wheelies again....... :rolleyes:

Sooooooooo Annnnnnyways, now I have started to wheelies to overcome my fear of them and I'm having soooooo much fun it's in incredible!

All sitting in normal riding position.
1st gear power ups or clutch ups no sweat.
2nd gear...... Ehhhhh not so much.
Is it our long wheelbase plus our soft rear shock? Is this why it's so difficult to do them in 2nd?

Marthy

So........ Now i have the itch, I've been riding for 4 years.....(I know, I'm still a noob) but my first bike was a -1 +2 cbr600rr 2007, and on my first solo ride I went over the top side of a gravity well (steep a$$ dip) and was moderately accelerating and saw nothing but sky, literally..... No road, no trees, no power lines, just blue and white, I was doing a 12o clock and then some I suppose because of the angle.

So like a scared little wabbit! I chopped the throttle, and since I was immediately re-entering earths atmosphere at that time I braced myself for death and did nothing but smack really hard and pop a fork seal.

I don't know how I didn't crash.
And I never, ever, thought I'd want to do wheelies again....... :rolleyes:

Sooooooooo Annnnnnyways, now I have started to wheelies to overcome my fear of them and I'm having soooooo much fun it's in incredible!

All sitting in normal riding position.
1st gear power ups or clutch ups no sweat.
2nd gear...... Ehhhhh not so much.
Is it our long wheelbase plus our soft rear shock? Is this why it's so difficult to do them in 2nd?

You mean something like that? (3:30) LOL
FZ-09 / MT-09 Marthy Exhaust under real life tuning - YouTube