Riding with Helmet on rear seat

jumb5150

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to attach a helmet on the rear of my bike. I have one of those nets with the hooks at the ends but still cant figure out how to hold a helmet. Any help or pics would be greatly appreciated.

JSP

Administrator
Is the net the right size? They make actual helmet nets. Or do you not know where to hook the hooks? Can they reach under the tail and hook to themselves? Or to the passenger pegs?

Jacek3743

I figured out a way to make it simple and safe way to hold your helmet in the back. Buy a carabiner from ebay and attach a strap or something to the carabiner then to a part the cowl bolts down to. Simplest way I thought of

Dicko

Doesn't the FZ8 have the loops under the pillion seat that you pull out to strap the helmet to like the FZ1?

mduff

Originally Posted by Dicko
Doesn't the FZ8 have the loops under the pillion seat that you pull out to strap the helmet to like the FZ1?

That is correct. I also believe those straps are there for cargo purposes also.
The Canadian version doesn't have these straps under the seat. I read in an online owners manual that the bike had them, however when I got mine there were none on the bike and no reference in the printed owners manual (that came with the bike).

Jacek3743

Lol what cracks me up is when I see a guy riding a bike and his helmet is strapped to the side. Makes the guy look really stupid

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Ansem

Some people like to ride with an extra helmet on there in case they ride with a passenger alot. My buddy often picks up his girl. I think he just puts the D rings on the lid to the metal locking mechanism through the metal seat locking clip.

fz8760

I don't have pictures but what I do is, I remove the rear seat. now on the rear seat their are two "J" hooks, i put the "J" hook through the biggest "D" ring on the helmet, then i put the seat back on. the helmet hangs off to the side and is secure. i do this when i pick up my girl or go to the store.