Power Commander

mano1192

Have you noticed any change on the 0-5000rpm power in first gear? It's the only part of the bike killing me, the first part of the acceleration is so lifeless...almost feels like a turbo engine, once you hit 6000rpm its a totally different bike!

Yes it does. The stock tune is not meant for tame riding, it climbs pretty evenly from 3000+. It does make the bike a bit more touchy as in peppy, but thats what its supposed to do :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 438

mano1192, since you're going to be at Dynojet would you be able to get us the low down on what it's going to take for us to run the autotune? I mainly want to know if this going to be a full bolt on instal.
Thanks in advance!

mano1192

will do bro, Ill ask them when I pick it up. You can always give a call down there to, they have a big crew that mans the phones.

mano1192

Picked the bike up and holy shi!t!! The bike is really smooth! My dealer actually had a stock Europe tune in and they have different fuel over there the guy said so it was worse to tune then just leaving it with stock tune.

Anyway I talked with the R&D head tuner, great guy. Said the flat spot came out a little bit. Check it out:

The bike has some great pep in its step, cant wait to get it down to the Red Rock loop for a real ride!

PS. I also asked him about the gas, he said ALWAYS use super, and to quote "to use regular gas because it says to in the manual is stupid". I forgot to ask about the O2 sensor port though, remembered once I hit the road, sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedo007

wow thats a nice improvement! As for the gas Im sticking to stupid and filling her up with regular, havent seen a difference, other then on the wallet :)

Ivy33

So, if I'm reading that right, that first graph is showing the torque and HP increase after tuning the bike w/ a Two-Brothers slip on?

In the second graph, the fuel/air mixture stays roughly the same but does fuel consumption in general go up or does that stay the same also?

I may not be understanding it correctly but what exactly did you do? Remove the O2 sensor, replace it w/ the PC sensor, added PC? What else did you do?

I'm new to the PC/tuning world so forgive my ignorance on this.

mano1192

You disable the O2 sensor unless you want to install the autotune kit which learns as you ride. The point of a tune is while keeping a consistant air/fuel ratio get the maximum HP and torque possible while also keeping the plot as smooth as possible, its almost a art as much as it is a science.

mano1192

wow thats a nice improvement! As for the gas Im sticking to stupid and filling her up with regular, havent seen a difference, other then on the wallet :)

lol cant blame ya, I tried 2 tanks of regular and didnt notice a difference either. But Ill be sticking with the super after the tune :D

Fz2fast4u

Was curious if the bike was dynoed before exhaust and commander would be nice to compare stock vs the upgraded sheet

mano1192

Was curious if the bike was dynoed before exhaust and commander would be nice to compare stock vs the upgraded sheet

Yea I was hoping for that too, but oh well. There are several dynos online available for stock. The Aprakpvic site has some. If someone has some photoshop skills they could merge the dynos, not sure if they would match up, but worth a shot.

Fz2fast4u

What's the butt dyno tell ya. Is it worth it. Was thinking full akrapovic ex and this. Would be curious of hp gains

all in all would you say the pc is worth it? or would i be better of spending money on a different upgrade?

D

Deleted member 438

I spoke to dynojet about the o2 for the autotune and they said that the stock o2 is smaller than what they use in the autotune kit. In the end to run the autotune kit we still need to get a bung welded into our header or slip on. What I'm going to do is run mano1192's map until I can get mine tuned.
Thanks to all the contributors of this thread.

mano1192

all in all would you say the pc is worth it? or would i be better of spending money on a different upgrade?

Oh its definitely worth it if what you want is to scream around on the road. You lose the nice mellowness of the bike the way it was engineered to be by Yamaha for street cruising.

But if you want to make this bike a blast to have fun on and play with, then go for it! Its a whole new bike with a nice map. All I can say is smooooooth :D

The tune should be available on their site soon. I will try to get the software installed on my laptop and upload the tune to the thread for everyone also. Maybe we should make this a sticky and we can all start uploading our tunes here.

with the pc can you run more then one map and switch it on the fly? and how does the juice box compare?

D

Deleted member 438

Hey mano1192, are you using the o2 optimizer? Just wanna know what you did 'cause I'll be running the same setup as you until I get the auto tune.

As far as the auto tune goes, I found out that the OE o2 is a different size than dynojet's o2. Right now I'm thinking about having a shop cut my cat out, replacing it with a straight pipe, and welding the bung in that location.

SpunkyTheTuna

yRight now I'm thinking about having a shop cut my cat out, replacing it with a straight pipe, and welding the bung in that location.

You can save yourself the expense of replacing the cat by just gutting it. You can do that with a hammer and a long screwdriver. Not sure why you'd want to, though. No real performance gain to be had either by gutting it or replacing it with a straight pipe.

mano1192

Not sure why you need it at all, I thought the o2 optimizer is for track bikes, not sure if you would see any gains. On my bike they just disconnect the stock o2 sensor, its the norm for PC installs. They have another addon if you want to still comply with like California emmisions etc, but that defeats the purpose of the PC IMO.

Hey mano1192, are you using the o2 optimizer? Just wanna know what you did 'cause I'll be running the same setup as you until I get the auto tune.

As far as the auto tune goes, I found out that the OE o2 is a different size than dynojet's o2. Right now I'm thinking about having a shop cut my cat out, replacing it with a straight pipe, and welding the bung in that location.

mano1192

Not sure how you would switch on the fly, I know uploading and swapping tunes through the laptop software takes 2 seconds. To be honest I havent had alot of time to play with it yet and havent even hooked up my laptop to my own bike yet... work is just killing me lately.