Opinions on Coffman's Exhaust

FZ8Ryder

Do you think the coffman's exhaust with no baffle is roughly the same sound/decibel as no exhaust? Thanks!

Enzod123

Roughly the same, yes. The difference is mostly at idle. The Coffman's muffler with no sound suppressor installed mellows the sound from ear piercing to just plain loud, until you crack the throttle open and the exhaust rushes past the baffling material. No muffler at all is ear piercing all the time.

FZ8Ryder

Thank you for the good info. How do you like the coffman's with the regular baffle in it? I'm definitely thinking of this exhaust to replace my stock exhaust (way too quiet, just don't feel safe enough). and cant beat the price. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Enzod123

If by "regular baffle" you mean the sound suppressor that comes with it, I love it. Because I have purchased the Marthy's mid ship header pipe, I have an R6 muffler installed. It came with a smaller diameter sound suppressor, which sounded good, but when I put the larger diameter sound suppressor from the FZ8 muffler in, it sounded even better. It was pretty cool to be involved with the process of all of this. Mr. Coffman and Martin "Marthy" are good people to deal with. I couldnt be happier with the results of all of this. Either of these mufflers look cool on the FZ8, the sound is good and the price is reasonable.

MotoZen

fly-by video?

So I have't seen a fly by video of this exhaust on an FZ8 yet. Is this exhaust wake-the-neighbors loud? or is it manageable?

I ask because I commute to work and back whenever possible and live in a development full of townhomes. I don't want to start getting complaints about scaring children and waking the neighbors.

My exhaust picks are really between this Coffman and the DanMoto Carbon GP. I just can't decide on which one.

Enzod123

It is manageable. I'm sorry guys. started working a second job recently. Haven't had time to get anything done. I have a day off on Sat. Will try then.

Nstr_FZ8

I have a question about this exhaust:

Now that this slip-on is available on ebay and on the coffmans' website, does it come with the original angle that Enzod had to bend inwards? Or did they change it and made it closer to the body of the bike? .. Im sorry, on the website there is no photo :/

MotoZen

It is my understanding that the fz8 specific model has a different angle to match the line of the bike. I don't personally own one yet, so you may want to contact the company itself, just to be sure.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Enzod123

They changed it. It fits much nicer than the first prototype. There are pictures of the final product in this thread. We test fitted it on a friends bike.

daveb_vt

Fit & quality is great, I think you will be very happy with muffler.

Nstr_FZ8

Thank you dave. I just purchased it from their ebay store. Its going to ship from all they in cali to my house in south florida....
Once I install it I will post pictures...Man I cant waitttt😁 :)

MotoZen

Just got mine from their ebay store a couple of weeks ago. My smile still won't fade!:D

I think your comment just solidified my choice for a slip-on. I've been leaning this way and trying to decide if it's worth saving for a two brothers or not.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Lunkan82

bracket?

Fit & quality is great, I think you will be very happy with muffler.

I cannot see any bracket in your pictures.

Is the muffler so light that there isn´t a need or have I missed it?

I really like the look and planning to buy one.

Thanks for a great thread

daveb_vt

No bracket is needed, they supply a small rivet that is installed under the clamp that will prevent muffler from sliding off if clamp loosens.