Opinions on Coffman's Exhaust

Enzod123

Wow ! I wish every company was like this. After speaking with Mr. Coffman just yesterday about fitment for the FZ8, he already mocked up and shiiped a pipe to test out. It's in raw form just for testing. I'm stoked. I will forward pics when it arrives on Monday.
[/IMG]

Enzod123

Ok. So I gathered all of the exhaust stuff I got today and headed to the garage. First up is the Coffman's muffler on my stock exhaust pipe. Mr. Coffman got the bend just right in my opinion. Remember, he sent it to me in raw form just to test out how it will look and fit the bike. The final product will be powder coated black with a gold anodized tip. Please chime in and tell me what you think.
[/IMG]

Enzod123

My ultimate goal was to find a shorty muffler that didn't look like hell and didn't make me deaf. This Coffman's muffler achieved both. It's powder coated rather than painted, has a gold tip to accent the down tubes (tip comes in different colors also), and it's louder than stock but not ridiculous. If you call Coffman's exhaust there should now be a part number for our Fz8's. If the story ended here I would pat myself on the back and call it a day because this setup looks awesome. But it doesn't end here. It gets so much better.

Marthy saw my post about this muffler and said "hey, that would look great on the end of my FZ8 midship exhaust. If I ship you one will you take some pics?" Hell friggin yes I will bro ! It also showed up at my door today. I bolted it on the bike with the Coffman's R6 muffler that I received first. Check this shit out.
[/IMG]

Marthy

Sweet! Look even better then I tough! I get what you were saying about the 5 degree toward the tire. That's an easy fix if you wan to take care of it over the winter. I had to fix a FZ1 exhaust once. All I did is cut a the 2" tube right in the weld where it connect with the collector. In a way that I don't cut it all the way... I leave just a bit then I push it back together then re-weld it. A 1/8" cut almost all around so you can aim the slip-on outward... away from the tires.

ice find on that slip-on. Is there's different size of outlet available? Seems a bit restricted...

Enzod123

I knew it would look cool, but wow ! It fits perfectly ! There's plenty of room under there. Nice snug fit on the exhaust outlet. The muffler isn't too close to anything and points in exactly the right place. Not only does it look totally sick, but it sounds sweeeeeet ! I just have to get an adapter to mount the stock o2 sensor to Marthy's bung and I'm riding. What do you guys think ?

So now there's 2 new exhaust choices for the FZ8. Discuss. Enjoy.

By the way. I received no money or products from either Coffman's or Marthy's. I paid full retail for the muffler and Marthy's mid ship pipe is on loan. Although I am seriously thinking about buying it from him. I just wanted to share with my fellow FZ8ers. I kinda got off on going through all of this. I'm still kind of a noob at posting stuff.

Enzod123

I like the way it tucks under the bike just right. Might be a good idea though. I'm already trying to convince the wife that I must have this.

The black and gold muffler has the baffle installed in the pics. If you look at the pics with the silver "raw" muffler, it has no baffle installed. The opening is pretty big.

Last edited:

thach1130

I think it is perfect the way it is. Don't want to cut anything.

The black and gold muffler has the baffle installed in the pics. If you look at the pics with the silver "raw" muffler, it has no baffle installed. The opening is pretty big.

Very cool. Marthy looks like you will have to call up someone and bulk order a few of those slip on and make a nice package deal with the midship modification. I wish i saw that slip on before using the TwoBrothers which cost arms and legs.

Make sure to order them in different color scheme. Not all of us dig the gold look.

Marthy

Very cool. Marthy looks like you will have to call up someone and bulk order a few of those slip on and make a nice package deal with the midship modification. I wish i saw that slip on before using the TwoBrothers which cost arms and legs.

Make sure to order them in different color scheme. Not all of us dig the gold look.

If a lot of people like it and pre order it I could put a package deal together. I already invest time, $$$ on the Danmoto shorty can...