Opening round of MotoGP...

wa2txcory

GP in Austin

Man I hope Circuit of the Americas pull their heads outta their asses and dont F-up the deal with GP cause having MotoGP 20 minutes from my house would kick serious ass. PS-if it happens I have a place to stay for at least 4 or 5 of you who want to come-free rooms. I already told my boss I dont care when it is I am taking that weekend OFF if they come!

C

Camo

Well Stoner seems to be whining his way to more victories...AGAIN ;p
But I'm loving the Crutchlow v Dovi racing and for me the best thing to see is Bradl riding well. The kid has talent!

What has happened to Spies???

lothodon

Super Moderator
i too am REALLY loving the tech3 yamaha team this year. i have to wonder if spies has maxed out his ability, like rossi. the BIKE is capable but the rider is not. wonder if spies regrets leaving wsb?

D

Deleted member 438

i too am REALLY loving the tech3 yamaha team this year. i have to wonder if spies has maxed out his ability, like rossi. the BIKE is capable but the rider is not. wonder if spies regrets leaving wsb?

I really thought Spies would be doing a lot better---he's not even close to a podium. Maybe he can be Rossi's co-driver in Rally.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i was going to post, but i'm not sure if i'm super happy or very sad over the news. rossi two more years, stoner NO more years.

i dislike stoner, as i've stated, but i'll be the first to admit that he can ride possibly better than anyone on a motogp bike. now think about this...rossi on the new honda?!?!?!?

C

calscrazy

i agree he can really ride. i dont see rossi leaving ducati. they are paying him 20 million per season. if u know u are gonna retire in two years. get paid and get out. motogp really needs to figure out a way to make the racing better. i feel like four laps in i can tell u where they finish. put them on bikes without all the electronics.

lothodon

Super Moderator
or better yet, turn it into motogp1 (formula1) and let honda provide the engines and electronics then let everyone make a frame around it. same torque, same hp, rider SKILL and development team knowledge.

i think it would be like maladin and spies in the ama, swapping places only based on who DIDN'T make a mistake.

C

calscrazy

the only prob with the spies/mladin ama days is it was them two on the yosh suduki's and everybody else. they need to figure out a way to get tighter racing like wsbk. where passes are often and everyone has a chance. they cant go to one manufacturer because then you lose the money from all the others. not to mention they could take their riders when they go. i agree single supplier makes for good racing but they just cant afford to run off ducati, yamaha, etc.

what about stock powerplant (ungoverned, x horsepower max) and frame, no electronics ( rider more in control of traction) , feel free to do whatever with body and suspension, and bring more diff compounds of tire.

C

Camo

There will be forever electronics on bikes, no way around that any more. The jump to 1000cc was supposed to magically bring the racing closer, bring the manufactures costing down and be a more competitive series....It's hard to justify pulling the front runners back in order for the not so great to compete wouldn't you say?
The CRT teams has been the best thing for MotoGp and I think if they take a look at that and SBK, they could possibly redo the format next season.

Now as for Stoner, what a shock. I was in getting a coffee early yesterday morning when the news broke...Next thing I know, there's Casey giving a press conference with words to the effect, "Lost my passion"/"Family balance isn't there"/"The sport has changed"....
Now I'm a big supporter of our Aussie champ but it all sounds pretty sad to me.
It sounded like a sugar coated version of "I'm f'n over travelling and racing bikes, you all suck. I'm going home to plant roots, catchya."

Love him or hate him, the sport will miss him. (And thanks Lothdon, thought you may have been all over this :p)

lothodon

Super Moderator
i actually had to hold it in until i calmed down. i LIVE for this stuff but everyone is right. the competition (REAL) is gone and motogp is suffering A LOT.

the crt teams are going to end up more fun to watch than the prototypes very soon.

C

Camo

:rof: So did I! A mate of mine on text me yesterday absolutely pissed right off about it! I wasn't that PO'd but was severely disappointed as rumour has it he'll head back to Oz and start racing V8 super cars (which I despise, it's like watching tricked out taxi's race) the weak c*#t.
We're going to plan a trip to Phillip Island this year to make sure we get to see him tromp the competition one more time at his track ;)

The problem with watching the CRT teams actually comes from the footage the TV provides...They don't always have those cameras pointed at the right people :(

I did think I was going to have to bite my tongue when I got on here after reading a thousand Stoner bashing posts lol

C

Camo

It's definitely been on the bucket list for a while...Though I've been told by many that the vibe and atmosphere are alot better when the World Super Bikes are in town. Would love to get to PI for that sometime in the near future also.

I've still gotta make it happen yet. The logistical side of things may see it a pipe dream, we'll see.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Ok, I just found this thread. Why is it so quiet now? Come on people. It's a dead heat between Stoner and Lorenzo. Bautista pulled a Simoncelli, Rossi may end up with Honda next year??? Say what? Crutchlow is proving not all Brits are pansies. Lots to talk about.

lothodon

Super Moderator
i get very worked up when discussing it so i tend to keep my yap shut.

but crutchlow and spies, if those two could catch a break...

C

calscrazy

i dont get all worked over the yamaha vs honda series (motogp). it has turned into a joke. every week when i watch i know its either lorenzo or stoner. they are gonna have big changes at the end of the year. i think you will see both rossi and hayden leave ducati. stoner is obviously gone. you may see edwards walk also. i dont think he is happy racing the rear of the field. if i were yamaha i would put spies on an r1 back in wsbk.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
i dont get all worked over the yamaha vs honda series (motogp). it has turned into a joke. every week when i watch i know its either lorenzo or stoner. they are gonna have big changes at the end of the year. i think you will see both rossi and hayden leave ducati. stoner is obviously gone. you may see edwards walk also. i dont think he is happy racing the rear of the field. if i were yamaha i would put spies on an r1 back in wsbk.

Yeah, I used to be really interested in both AMA Superbike and World Superbike, but I can't get into them any more. I want to, but I can't fake it. Is it just me or is the coverage just so piss poor?