Opening round of MotoGP...

C

Camo

Looks to be a red hot season this year!
motogp.com · Stoner sets the early MotoGP™ pace

Anyone follow it? Favourite rider?

Big Stoner fan here of course! As an Australian, you can't help but be proud and as a rider you can't help but be amazed at the skill and finesse.
I'd like to see Spies finish ahead of Lorenzo all year and Hayden show Rossi up as a pre-madona who can't ride anything but a perfect machine. Maybe then, Rossi will man up and ride like he used to:p

Unfortunately it's not often I get to see them live but I do record the races and watch them when I get home from work the following day...With any luck I avoid hearing the results beforehand

D

Deleted member 438

Looks to be a red hot season this year!
motogp.com · Stoner sets the early MotoGP™ pace

Anyone follow it? Favourite rider?

Big Stoner fan here of course! As an Australian, you can't help but be proud and as a rider you can't help but be amazed at the skill and finesse.
I'd like to see Spies finish ahead of Lorenzo all year and Hayden show Rossi up as a pre-madona who can't ride anything but a perfect machine. Maybe then, Rossi will man up and ride like he used to:p

Unfortunately it's not often I get to see them live but I do record the races and watch them when I get home from work the following day...With any luck I avoid hearing the results beforehand

This year is definitely going to be interesting with the new CRT teams. I think that if Lorenzo and spies stay healthy, they have a really good shot at the championship this year. Next season is going to be a whole different story as they are planning on making the factory teams more equal to the CRTs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ott

I just hope that Ducati can finally remove their head from their keister and be able to actually compete this year. Go Hayden! I like Spies too. Can't wait for Indy!

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
HUGE fan. Stoner will win, sadly, but he is the fastest rider on the fastest bike. Pedrosa will compete but end up battling with Lorenzo for second. Spies will follow. Hayden will suck as usual. Rossi will do better but ultimately bow out of existence after a blah year and go to Formula 1 for Ferarri.

What I want to watch are the CRT teams. I think they will offer more "racing" than the others as they will be closer matched bikes.

C

calscrazy

+1 to everything lothodon said. as a texan my favs are obviously spies and edwards. would love to do the edwards camp but its crazy expensive.
Welcome - Texas Tornado Boot Camp

i do think that ferrari will be letting massa go just not sure if they use perez to replace him.

i do think that wsbk has better racing throughout the entire field though.

Wieb27

Big MotoGP fan here. I think this year is going to be yet another Stoner, Pedrosa, Lorenzo show again.

I wish Ducati could get their stuff together and get Hayden/Rossi up front too. I also hope Spies can start showing better results too.

I really wish it could be competitive like the AMA Daytona Sportbike series. That's some of the best/closest racing in all of roadracing right now.

C

Camo

Pedrosa's been on the Honda for years and done nothing with it! I don't think he's even in contention.
I think it'll be Stoner, Lorenzo+Spies and likely a combination of Cal Crutchlow and maybe the odd appearance by a Ducati in the top 5.

World super bikes has been great viewing thus far as well... If only the Kwaka's weren't chewing tires we'd have a full blown dog fight up the front I'd reckon.

lothodon

Super Moderator
1LORENZO J.Yamaha Factory Racing1:55.302
2CRUTCHLOW C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+0.154
3STONER C.Repsol Honda Team+0.372
4DOVIZIOSO A.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+0.603
5PEDROSA D.Repsol Honda Team+0.812
6BARBERA H.Pramac Racing Team+0.861
7HAYDEN N.Ducati Team+1.100
8ROSSI V.Ducati Team+1.233
9BRADL S.LCR Honda MotoGP+1.449
10BAUTISTA A.San Carlo Honda Gresini+1.469
11SPIES B.Yamaha Factory Racing+1.728

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!! (Free Practice #3)

C

Camo

I'm pretty sure Spies crashed early in FP3 and Stoner already knows he's got the pace :p...Qualifying should be outstanding!!
The Tech3's look competitive even with Dovi riding one lol

C

calscrazy

with qualifying over ther is no way ducati is happy with rossi. 3 of the top 4 are yamaha!!!!

C

Camo

I just checked that out on the Motogp website! Damn Rossi really hasn't got it has he

C

calscrazy

spies is killing me. rossi is cracking me up because of how much money ducati is spending on him vs hayden. pretty good race though.

D

Deleted member 438

Camo and calscrazy, you guys are right. I think it's time or Rossi to give it up, or if he won't, just stop signing him. I was wondering what was wrong Spies the whole race. Maybe he got injured in that fall during practice?

C

calscrazy

i think his heart isnt in it anymore. he knows he is probably the greatest or at worst top 2 of all time.

lothodon

Super Moderator
apologies to the stoner lover's, but STONER DIDN'T WIN!!!!!

i don't care for lorenzo all that much but it was still a great race to watch. LOVED seeing the two Tech3 yamaha's up there and Dovi is going to be VERY strong this year.

did i mention i'm happy stoner didn't win? always, ALWAYS has an excuse too. face it, you got outraced this time.

rossi should have retired when yamaha let him go. let ducati find a new young rider (stoner part 2?) and stick the money into development and hayden.

C

Camo

Lothodon, lothodon, lothodon...A Stoner hater hey? Is it the fact he's not an American or the fact that he's world champ? Or that he has a care factor of zero when it comes to impressing people or tiptoeing around things?
What did happen to Spies? He's team mate can win but he finishes what, 11th?
The Tech 3 team looks great this year especially Krutchlow, he had Dovi covered.
Hey that Stefan Bradl had an awesome ride on his first outing and Bautista looks to be in good form as well... Nicky Hayden had a good ride as well.

lothodon

Super Moderator
stoner hater just because of his endless list of excuses when he doesn't win. it's racing, it happens, but not to him, he's ALWAYS got an excuse.

spies i think i suffering from reality. he rocked with maladin in ama, absolutely spanked in wsb, and got a HUGE dose of reality in motogp. i'm sure crashing twice didn't help but hey it's his job to stay ON the bike. i bet he was jealous of his old tech3 ride.

bradl was AMAZINGLY impressive for a "virgin" run at motogp. he could be stoner jr!

i don't have a favorite rider (anymore, used to be rossi on his yamaha) but i do like to see honda NOT win.

Wieb27

stoner hater just because of his endless list of excuses when he doesn't win. it's racing, it happens, but not to him, he's ALWAYS got an excuse.

spies i think i suffering from reality. he rocked with maladin in ama, absolutely spanked in wsb, and got a HUGE dose of reality in motogp. i'm sure crashing twice didn't help but hey it's his job to stay ON the bike. i bet he was jealous of his old tech3 ride.

bradl was AMAZINGLY impressive for a "virgin" run at motogp. he could be stoner jr!

i don't have a favorite rider (anymore, used to be rossi on his yamaha) but i do like to see honda NOT win.

Always like this one....

C

calscrazy

that pic is hiliarious!!:rof:

i would love to see spies start winning but i think after dumping two bikes during the weekend he is lucky to come out of it uninjured. i firmly believe spies' job is on the chopping block this year. he has to come through with a top 3 points finish and needs to podium 5-6 races with 2 wins or he will be racing with edwards on the crt's.

Glovik

Motogp is awesome! I'm just getting into it this year but can't get enough! I've gotta be a Yamaha fanboy and Lorenzo is awesome to watch! My friend and I are hoping to ride to the race in California this year (from Iowa, roadtripppp lol).

Unfortunately my roomate and I aren't big TV watchers so we don't even have our cable plugged in! Netflix and YouTube is all you need :). I'm thinking of subscribing to the motogp stream thing for 99$ a year. Does anyone else do this?

How about the red bull motogp minicup? They have the races on YouTube so I've been watching them a bunch. I'm liking the 15 year old German Floriant Alt #66. Shame he fell near the end of the 2nd race in estoril.