OEM radiator guard

dubel

The cover is aluminum colored, and feels very durable. I decided to get a cover after a rock nicked a few of the very fragile radiator fins. It leaves an intentional gap between the cover and the radiator fins. If I were to choose on looks alone I would have gotten aftermarket, however, I had $100 of Yamaha accessory and install to burn for filling out the survey and using their Yamaha card.

http://dubel.org/misc/radiator.jpg

http://dubel.org/misc/radiator2.jpg

H

Hoover

:confused: I never got my 100 bucks. Filled out the card back in July.:mad:

FZER

Avid Rider
Thanks for the picture, but I'll have to go aftermarket unless they come up with a black one. I guess I could paint it, but.... I've got enough projects to work on.

Speedo007

Nice luggage kit on your FZ8 and that matte paint does look good too "in person". Now you just need to cleanup those mirrors and blinkers :)

dubel

Thanks for the picture, but I'll have to go aftermarket unless they come up with a black one. I guess I could paint it, but.... I've got enough projects to work on.

Even a grey or dark grey would look better. When I first saw it installed it looked out of place. I'm used to it now though still think getting it anodized in black or dark grey would look really cool.

dubel

Nice luggage kit on your FZ8 and that matte paint does look good too "in person". Now you just need to cleanup those mirrors and blinkers :)

The nice thing about the luggage is that it removes by lock key to leave just a rack, or you can go a step further and remove the mount rack with a hardware key provided. With the rack removed you can't tell the bike supports the hard luggage unless you are looking specifically for the mount points.

Originally I had tried the Givi monorack with V46 top case however with the case removed a large mounting bracket and arms remain that stick out from behind the bike, so it's pretty unsightly even when you aren't using it. Also I found the V35 side cases can hold my 15" laptop, which was the whole reason I thought I needed the V46. However, if you need the space and the V46 is your only option it does have more usable space than the side cases.

As for blinkers, I'll probably work on cleaning up the back end of the bike first, since I won't want to give up the running light functionality in the fronts, and few signals support the running function. I'd like 3 wire plug in LED replacements with running lights, but don't see anything I like. Flush mounted okay so long that I don't have to cut any original parts.

Strangely I'm okay with the mirrors as it almost seems to compliment the raw utility of the bike's look, and they work really well.

Texasfz8

Different strokes for different folks... I wanted to take off the mirrors on the test ride before I bought it and they were off as soon as possible.

FZER

Avid Rider
I ended up getting the oem for 75. Now I can't decide to spray it myself or pay shop to do it. Any suggestions?

H

Hoover

I ended up getting the oem for 75. Now I can't decide to spray it myself or pay shop to do it. Any suggestions?

Is it chrome or stainless? Either way, that's a ton of prep work to get the paint to adhere properly.

matt73

Have fitted a black radiator guard from Beowulf in the UK. Good quality, easy to fit and was cheaper than the Yamaha one.

FZER

Avid Rider
Well things are becoming difficult on my end. First attempt was a total failure I knew when I picked it up I wasn't satisfied, but I was like what the hell ever I just won't use this guy again or recomend him to anyone, but I took it back to the guy and said either it's got to be about 90 times better than this or I want my money back. He's going to try a couple different things this time and we'll see. I should have went aftermarket too. There's was just something about having the OEM one with FZ8 on it I really wanted in black.