New respect for this 2012 FZ8!

b-eock

Yes, I'm not disagreeing. I'm sorry if I sounded argumentative.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

HenryT

Why? It's a wet clutch, I do the same thing he does, and I now I can make complete stops at stop signs without putting my feet down, just like a trials rider :D

Practice makes better
Why, common sense really. What difference does it mean with wear because its a wet clutch? The toughest clutches in the world are dry...

Using the clutch in that manner also contributes to wear on the throw out bearing, springs and pressure plate. In hot weather it will help greatly to overheat the clutch...and why? to sit and rock back and forth at a stop light? LOL. It serves no reason but to degrade the performance of your clutch and wear it out prematurely.

Last edited:

Bajaedition

Yes, I'm not disagreeing. I'm sorry if I sounded argumentative.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

it is an internet thing
all the arguments
you see, without facial interaction words can be taken so wrong
I think most guys get upset because of perceived ideas, they should just chill
after all, in 2 days who will even remember

9 Lives

it is an internet thing
all the arguments
you see, without facial interaction words can be taken so wrong
I think most guys get upset because of perceived ideas, they should just chill
after all, in 2 days who will even remember

Hey is that you pot, its me kettle.

Rotaryknight

The clutch is going to get worn out anyway since a new person on a bike HAS to learn where the friction zone is on the bike to get used to it.
The best way to do that is to play with teh clutch in teh friction zone. The wear on the clutch itself from just playing with the friction zone is not that much, unless you are pegging redline and doing it.....

FZ1inNH

Administrator
No pics of the damage? Sorry it happened but you have to start somewhere.... Wished you had a little beater bike to toy with first instead of a newly delivered street machine. ;)

This reminds me of when I got a brand new 2005 FZ6. We got it home and I unloaded it and drove it around the neighborhood a couple times, just to get the feel of it. I've been up on two since 11 yrs old (48 now). My wife, who does know how to ride, says "I want to try it. I'm helping pay for this." I tried to explain to her the bike is too heavy, too tall. But she insisted. She got on and couldn't even toe the ground on both sides so she had to lean it to one side to get a foot down. She did a slow ride up the street and when she stopped to turn around, lost footing and dropped the bike on its side. She tried to hold it up but 470 lbs with a 130 lb girl? Nope... I ran up and made sure she was ok. She was apologetic and never asked again. It was just a couple little scrapes on a few parts... I told her "No worries, it had to get the first scratch somehow." and left it at that. She still appreciates that I didn't blow up at her.

Nice to hear that you have the bike out and have been able to get some seat time. Keep practicing! Respect that throttle and master braking! oh, and ATGATT Please!?!?