Motorcycle ride through Harriman State Park, NY

Nice. I just got back from Gatlinburg, TN. Next time I'm bringing my bike. If you are going to the Smokies, you are going to love it. The roads and the scenery are amazing.

Woody146

Banned
Awesome video!! Looked like bar mount and helmet mount..where were the other 2 shots mounted?? Awesome views!

eru000

Sweet! Yea..no matter how many times I try on all my platforms..(still mobile) I cannot view.

Yeah, it's only gonna work on desktop, unfortunately. The music is copyrighted and the owner disallows it on those platforms (for whatever inane reason; they can still show ads on mobile). If you want, I can upload a silent version for mobile viewing.

Woody146

Banned
Yeah, it's only gonna work on desktop, unfortunately. The music is copyrighted and the owner disallows it on those platforms (for whatever inane reason; they can still show ads on mobile). If you want, I can upload a silent version for mobile viewing.

That would be awesome! Desktops are pretty rare around me these days lol

eru000

Is that strapped to a rearset!? Awesome!! Killing me with the honda jacket LOL!

Nope, it's attached to the subframe right underneath the front seat. Right in the crook of my knee.

And it's my old jacket from when I had my '84 Honda V65. Not that labels matter, mind you. Granted, I do really need a new mesh jacket. One that actually fits.

Woody146

Banned
Gotta let it charge and the mounts set..then it's video time!

iTunes card for iMovie...been watching some videos edited on there,,they look good

eru000

Gotta let it charge and the mounts set..then it's video time!

iTunes card for iMovie...been watching some videos edited on there,,they look good

Good choice on color! I've got the red, too. My lady has green, so we can tell them apart. It's like Christmas time over here. First thing I'd do is get some sticky velcro or foam and stick it over the microphone hole to help with the wind noise. Next, play with mounting points and ride! Report back ;)

Woody146

Banned
Good choice on color! I've got the red, too. My lady has green, so we can tell them apart. It's like Christmas time over here. First thing I'd do is get some sticky velcro or foam and stick it over the microphone hole to help with the wind noise. Next, play with mounting points and ride! Report back ;)

In somewhat of that order lol

I wanted black..sold out already.

Thank you for reminding me about the foam!

Here is a test on the non moveable mount...what do you think of angle? It's 720 btw..ipad does not let you change settings but it will let you download and view your video in the field or wherever.

http://youtu.be/yvN3TO3KB7c

I will start my own thread for videos..sorry for hijacking..just want your opinion.

eru000

In somewhat of that order lol

I wanted black..sold out already.

Thank you for reminding me about the foam!

Here is a test on the non moveable mount...what do you think of angle? It's 720 btw..ipad does not let you change settings but it will let you download and view your video in the field or wherever.

http://youtu.be/yvN3TO3KB7c

I will start my own thread for videos..sorry for hijacking..just want your opinion.

Yeah, I wish I could have gotten black. Would have gone with my white helmet better.

The angle looks okay, though you might want to angle it up a little if you want to see more of the road (at this angle the horizon would likely be at the top of the frame) at the expense of controls/handlebars.

BTW, you can change the settings manually via a text file on the SD card.
CONTOUR | Manually Edit Settings

Read that page carefully, and pay attention to the last bit.

Woody146

Banned
Yeah, I wish I could have gotten black. Would have gone with my white helmet better.

The angle looks okay, though you might want to angle it up a little if you want to see more of the road (at this angle the horizon would likely be at the top of the frame) at the expense of controls/handlebars.

BTW, you can change the settings manually via a text file on the SD card.
CONTOUR | Manually Edit Settings

Read that page carefully, and pay attention to the last bit.

Yea..I saw that..I would rather do it via storyteller...but..if I don't get to a computer tonight..I will for my ride tomorrow.

After I watched it..I angled it up a tad (adhesive still fresh enough to move a bit) may have to get another pack of sticky mounts..they are only 9$

Or I may just remove it and put it on the rotating mount so I don't have this problem again.

Thank you very much for all of your input! It has been a big help

eru000

Or I may just remove it and put it on the rotating mount so I don't have this problem again.

That's why I used the rotating mount on the helmet. I have the static ones on the bike ;) And I did get an extra pack of static profiles. And this mount is pretty cool, too: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005AT3EEU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com : Contour 2755 Flex Strap Mount for Contour Cameras : Camcorders : Camera & Photo[/ame]. I'm gonna be testing out putting it on my leg today.

Woody146

Banned
That's why I used the rotating mount on the helmet. I have the static ones on the bike ;) And I did get an extra pack of static profiles. And this mount is pretty cool, too: Amazon.com : Contour 2755 Flex Strap Mount for Contour Cameras : Camcorders : Camera & Photo. I'm gonna be testing out putting it on my leg today.

I have the outdoor mounts on the way..includes that one as well as hat mount and headband for shooting..didn't want the hat mount but it came with it..and I may be able to turn it into a bike mount

I knew I should have used the rotating one..I was about to peel off the back and then I stupidly thought it would be better on the bike...where..I have no idea..lol

So the strap is big enough for your leg?! It should most definitely be large enough for a rail on an ar15!

eru000

I have the outdoor mounts on the way..includes that one as well as hat mount and headband for shooting..didn't want the hat mount but it came with it..and I may be able to turn it into a bike mount

I knew I should have used the rotating one..I was about to peel off the back and then I stupidly thought it would be better on the bike...where..I have no idea..lol

So the strap is big enough for your leg?! It should most definitely be large enough for a rail on an ar15!

I haven't tried it around my boot yet, but it does easily fit around a naked ankle. I used it like that while rock climbing a few weeks ago.