Maps for my FZ8

Bam Bam

i been on zx10r for some time now same user name go look around and read what others post about guhls in fact read their list of mods 95% list guhls reflash and whom ever scram is has a point search brocks performance zx10r on you tube if you dont get it after that than you must be happy with an 800cc bike that gets passed by vespas

Bam Bam

I believe you and Bam Bam are just accounts created by someone trying to drum up business and circumvent the rules for advertising businesses here. If you are not, how about you introduce yourselves properly, like everyone else has. What mods do you have on your FZ8? Before and after Dyno charts of your FZ8?

2011 FZ8
airbox mod, (found on this site when i was lurking) K&N airfilter, Guhl ECU flash,-1 front sprocket Removed Cat.,removed pair valve.
2011 ZX10r
Graves 3/4 ti slip on, K&N Race spec air filter,Guhl ECU flash,-1front sprocket+2rear,1/5turn throttle removed ram air dampners,removed pair valve
not here to make enemies just here to share info if you dont think its for you than dont do it. :confused:

F

Fazed

Sorry mate for doubting you, please accept my apologies and continue to enjoy this great forum.

Bam Bam

If your getting passed by vespas on the 8, think its time to turn in your helmet and family jewels

lol not getting passed by vespas,but was a little dissappointed in its performance at first for being an 800 Also owning the gen4 zx10r makes it seem even worse.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
just say you had to take your bike back to stock for some reason- you could simply unplug your PC5 or juicebox in about 15 mins, or just put it on a stock map.

If you re-flashed your ECU, would you then need to pay to take it back to stock? can it go back to stock?

Good point. You would have to send it back to return to stock. I purchased the OEM Yamaha Race ECM( closed circuit competition ECM), and had Tim refine it with the research he has been doing for years on 1 engine, and tame it for street riding by calming the power in the lower gears at the low TPS range.
This is a more expensive route, it was last summer, i just got the Vmax and i didn't want any down time while ECU is being reworked.

Bam Bam

Good point. You would have to send it back to return to stock. I purchased the OEM Yamaha Race ECM( closed circuit competition ECM), and had Tim refine it with the research he has been doing for years on 1 engine, and tame it for street riding by calming the power in the lower gears at the low TPS range.
This is a more expensive route, it was last summer, i just got the Vmax and i didn't want any down time while ECU is being reworked.

guhls does not imprint your ecu simply changes set parameters. Had my zx10r back under warranty with the flash and talked to the tech and he said theres no way for them to tell.

Bam Bam

Race ecu is a good option i considered it for my zx10 but it does not support ing switch or lights.Also 3 times the price of the flash.

Zomax

Pillion
This is an interesting thread, as I was not aware of the ECU flashing option. Since I already have the PCV, I am in no hurry to change things. The PCV effectively fixed a couple of issues that were bothering me, namely, removing a slight hesitation when going from a stop and also fixed a slight lurching in the lower gears.

In regard to passing Vespas, I have not had that opportunity, although I have gone past a few bicycles fast enough that the riders may have injured themselves when they stepped off to see if they were moving.

I see that BAM BAM is interested in a RaceTech kit. That is a coincidence, since my 8 should be back this coming Wednesday or Thusday with a new RaceTech valve kit and springs installed ... we shall see.

W

WARPTH

Bam bam im very interested in seeing a dyno graph of your 8 with your minimal mods and the flashed ecu. Would love to see the improvements in the torque curve down low.

Bam Bam

This is an interesting thread, as I was not aware of the ECU flashing option. Since I already have the PCV, I am in no hurry to change things. The PCV effectively fixed a couple of issues that were bothering me, namely, removing a slight hesitation when going from a stop and also fixed a slight lurching in the lower gears.

In regard to passing Vespas, I have not had that opportunity, although I have gone past a few bicycles fast enough that the riders may have injured themselves when they stepped off to see if they were moving.

I see that BAM BAM is interested in a RaceTech kit. That is a coincidence, since my 8 should be back this coming Wednesday or Thusday with a new RaceTech valve kit and springs installed ... we shall see.

Yes i am very intrested in feed back about the race tech products

D

DJK1505

I have a Guhl flash on both my bikes 2011 Fz8 and 2011 Zx10r fully deristricts factory set limitations. A power comander or Bazzaz does nothing more than tune your air fuel ratio threw out the rpm range. it does not in no way do the same thing as an Ecu flash. you tell me how you are goin to get your power comander to open secondary throttle plates at a more aggressive rate and change ignition timing at every throttle percentage for every gear (Fz8 had whats known as a soft throttle,timing retard in lower rpm of lower gears Restricting this bike very badly. if you can do that with your power comander than god bless you. you should be a NUCLEAR PHYSICIST!:)

Cut the flies, nothing with timing yet. ECUnleashed claimed it could be roughly 105hp with thier flash. Let me know how I started my tune with a 103 tune, with his dyno run print out to prove it, and have made some serious gains. I have not taken it to the dyno, just doing time runs. Your reflash might be almighty, but what I have done with this power commander out-performs what I was told for their reflash. Now when I want to start playing with the timing out comes the power commander timing module. And I get to constantly work with my set up. How many times do you have to reflash for say running your bike above 5K feet, then tracking it below 3K feet, and then taking a long trip going from freezing temps to mid 80's? Huh, I have built so many maps I can run in each of these situations and can pick between better fuel mileage and max power. How many switches and reflashes?

Bam Bam

Cut the flies, nothing with timing yet. ECUnleashed claimed it could be roughly 105hp with thier flash. Let me know how I started my tune with a 103 tune, with his dyno run print out to prove it, and have made some serious gains. I have not taken it to the dyno, just doing time runs. Your reflash might be almighty, but what I have done with this power commander out-performs what I was told for their reflash. Now when I want to start playing with the timing out comes the power commander timing module. And I get to constantly work with my set up. How many times do you have to reflash for say running your bike above 5K feet, then tracking it below 3K feet, and then taking a long trip going from freezing temps to mid 80's? Huh, I have built so many maps I can run in each of these situations and can pick between better fuel mileage and max power. How many switches and reflashes?

Temp changes do not affect newer fuel injection systems as the have barometric pressure sensors and ambient air sensors still dont understand how your pcv is gonna command the sub throttles to open at a more aggressive rate or raise the rev limiter 500 rpm cause the bike still makes power up hi and being a similiar engine to the old R1 engine it can handle the extra 500 without issues. But hey not here to battle if your happy with your pcv than so be it but your behind in times my freind :)

Last edited:
D

DJK1505

500 rpm gain on a 12K rpm motor isnt that much. And your last 500 rpm your power diminishes. Not going to argue that a full reflash and the availability to reflash with mods and engine building is better. Arguing a reflash is one time, I personally had better gains through my PCV than quoted a year and a half ago when I was going through this. For all my vehicles I have a tuning program allowing me to reflash the ECM, EFILive, hyper tuner, Tuner studio, ECM Spy, and going to start working with UPRev in the near future. I can also data log with these. Sending your ECM out of your bike will not get you the awesome gains to make it worth the money and time it takes to do it. Now if the tuning program comes out for us to hook up our lap tops to the factory ecm, data log and tune, by all means, 100 times better than PCV. For this bike, the availability of power gains, the ease to manipulate the maps, ability to combine piggy back units, etc. are all better than sending your ecm out.

DJ

D

DJK1505

Bam Bam

Bro, he is tunning that ecm in the bike on the dyno. Your gonna get a tune, that they think is good, have had descent results with, and safe for your engine. You can not tune your ecm for your bike through the mail. You can get a descent, proven, safe tune through the mail.

above is a guys dyno chart he lives in washington guhl is in Pa. it doesnt get any better and there are alot more on the zx10r.net forum you said yours was never on the dyno so how do you even know what yours is doin