"Leftover Pricing"

bikee4

The thing is that was a sale price the had on their website a month before I had money down on FZ-09 and was disappointed by the reviews I was seeing. note: I'm a big guy 6'1" 230#'s

raghu

:D

I got my FZ08 2013 this saturday for 7300 (incl setup/freight). Taxes, tags, titles were extra. I was doing my research for deals for about a week and finally one of the dealer gave me this price.

Woody146

Banned
Got my 2012 in May of 2012 for $10,000 out the door with warranty..alpinestars gp pro jacket...shoei rf-1100 helmet...alpinestars gp-x gloves..and a full tank of gas! Sticker was $8600 and I got it down to $7800..cash is king

YamaHammer

I found a dealer ad on craigslist for a brand new 2012 fz8 for $5999 in lakeland florida. Drove over and promptly bought it. After taxes and fees it was $7200, paid cash.

Riding or wishing I was riding.

rayzorman73

Got my 2011 fz8 in Springfield , Illinois for 5997 brand new. Put the first miles on it when I test drove it last month. Love the bike.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

NoNine4me

Got my 2012 in May of 2012 for $10,000 out the door with warranty..alpinestars gp pro jacket...shoei rf-1100 helmet...alpinestars gp-x gloves..and a full tank of gas! Sticker was $8600 and I got it down to $7800..cash is king
So bizarre...I got almost the exact same deal in February, 2013, also with the GP Pro Jacket and RF-1100 and full tank! Racetech emulators and springs are next, front end is a bit oversprung for me. Also Q3's.

Woody146

Banned
I went to San Jose yamaha today...the service guy says my fz is first he's ever seen...and I bought the bike there...I asked if they were getting any fz-09 in and he laughed...he said they had 1 and it was gone super quick. Yet he also said they all test rode it and popped wheels ( I'd be pisssed if I bought that bike!!) and said ppl have put $ down on 6 more not even knowing if they will get them...

F

fz8kansas

Just for grins, I went on to Cycle Trader and searched for any year Fz8 within 150 miles of Kansas City, only 2 were found. Both are '13s. One was $7995 and the other was $8895. Appears to be no specials around here. I bought my '12 from the first dealer for $7650 last April. He had 2 more in the warehouse. He had no '13s on the floor. He also had 2 FZ09s when I was there just before the holidays. They had MSRP pricing on the tags. I guess there are no bargains in this part of the country. But on the good side there are two more 8s in the area. I just have never seen either one, yet!

860Rider

I went to San Jose yamaha today...the service guy says my fz is first he's ever seen...and I bought the bike there...I asked if they were getting any fz-09 in and he laughed...he said they had 1 and it was gone super quick. Yet he also said they all test rode it and popped wheels ( I'd be pisssed if I bought that bike!!) and said ppl have put $ down on 6 more not even knowing if they will get them...

WOW! Im surprised.

860Rider

Just for grins, I went on to Cycle Trader and searched for any year Fz8 within 150 miles of Kansas City, only 2 were found. Both are '13s. One was $7995 and the other was $8895. Appears to be no specials around here. I bought my '12 from the first dealer for $7650 last April. He had 2 more in the warehouse. He had no '13s on the floor. He also had 2 FZ09s when I was there just before the holidays. They had MSRP pricing on the tags. I guess there are no bargains in this part of the country. But on the good side there are two more 8s in the area. I just have never seen either one, yet!

For what its worth the first sales rep told me 8890 (Yamaha site suggested retail) but when I spoke to a sales manager and offered the cycle trader info, he didn't even blink, check my claim, or even counter offer.

He asked "what can I do to get you to buy it...what you except me matching the NY price" ($6995 us) I said yes and went for it.

tennvol11

Just stopped by a dealer today, made an offer on an FZ-8 w/ 200 miles on it, hoping to grab it for 6900, if my credit goes through I'm in. That would be sweet, to bad I will have to wait to ride until April!

tennvol11

Yeah the fact that dealers aren't budging really baffles me as well. I was at 5899.00 which I think is a great deal. Ended up being like 6900 and change. I honestly can say I am so excite to get this bike out there and burn up some miles this summer.

pajkrubi

Yeah the fact that dealers aren't budging really baffles me as well. I was at 5899.00 which I think is a great deal. Ended up being like 6900 and change. I honestly can say I am so excite to get this bike out there and burn up some miles this summer.

I think it definitely depends on location too. If I search within 100 miles of my house I can pull up a slew of brand new '12's and '13's for $6,999 and under. I got my brand new '12 for $6,399 before taxes and everything. But some guys in different parts of the country have A hole greedy dealers and they're all clinging to full msrp. My local yamaha dealer wouldn't budge below $7,700 and they wouldn't take my CBR in on trade. LOL Maybe that's why they're a little $hithole dealer with about 10 bikes in stock.

NoNine4me

I think it definitely depends on location too. If I search within 100 miles of my house I can pull up a slew of brand new '12's and '13's for $6,999 and under. I got my brand new '12 for $6,399 before taxes and everything. But some guys in different parts of the country have A hole greedy dealers and they're all clinging to full msrp. My local yamaha dealer wouldn't budge below $7,700 and they wouldn't take my CBR in on trade. LOL Maybe that's why they're a little $hithole dealer with about 10 bikes in stock.
On the other hand all this seems to prove that the Great Emperor, FZ-09, was wearing no clothes.

Our FZ8's have really held their value.

Keach

I got my 2011 in DeKalb IL used with 300 miles for 6,200, but it was 6,824 out the door with tax, title, and plates in November. I'm sure I got a good deal, but could have done better. They had it listed for 7k and my first offer was 6200 and they were like deal! I should have started out a bit lower, but you live and you learn. I think you got a real good deal too! They are getting pretty hard to come by in this area. I feel really bad for the few private owners trying to sell in the area, because such great deals can be had at the stealerships which is really messing with their values. Won't be an issue for me because I'm NOT selling for a long time.