"Leftover Pricing"

860Rider

Hello friends so Yamaha has a deal now on their 2010-2014 bikes

The FZ8 $500 cash back + 5.99, 6.99, 7.99 or 13.99 for 60mth on it.

My question is should the FZ8 now be considered a "left over" as we're into 2014? Ive seen some local dealers knocking off anywhere from 500 to 1000 off FZ6R's and FZ1's from 2013 calling them "left overs"

Problem is the 1 dealer in CT that has the FZ8 is still marking it the full 8890. Ive spoken to a couple sales reps but no one has really answered the question.

I don't know if this can be a point of negotiation. What do you guys think? I love the bike but paying full new for 2013 price in 2014 doesn't make sense.

Any advise is appreciated.

WuWuKennyWu

I Bought my 12 fz8 as a leftover last April and got it for $7900, and that was the sticker price. Granted I knew exactly what i wanted because I had been researching for a few months before hand. I didn't even know that the fz8 existed. I specifically wanted a naked style 4 cylinder 750cc and just got lucky i guess. I am not sure where you are located but i am in new England and with the seasons there are clear techniques in buying bikes since people would rather not have to store them for the winter. My best advice is to start researching now looking at different Yama dealers in your area and come march and April zero in on one and pull the trigger. When i got mine it still had zero miles on it even when they pulled it around front for me. I wish i had better advice for you but it is really just luck of the draw. The fz8 really isnt a popular bike around here to the extent where people asked me how much money i had to dump into it to make it look the way it does and it was bone stock at that point. If you close enough check out MOMs in manchester, new Hampshire or where i got mine C&E in foxboro, ma right across from Gillette stadium.

DSmith

I purchased my 2012 fz8 in April 2013 as a leftover for $7600. They already had the 13s on the floor when I bought it. I'm glad I got the 12 though cause I love the gold forks. I think you can get a better deal and you should be able to negotiate a better price given the time of year in New England.

PS if both you guys are ever up on the north shore hit me and we'll go ridin

pajkrubi

I just bought my 2012 as a leftover this november for $6,399 brand new. They had 3 at that price and they were gone in less than two weeks! Also I got 4.99% financing through a local credit union.

And yeah, any FZ8 should be a leftover and have the price reduced. I'd never pay full price even on a brand new bike unless it was a hot model that was selling like fire.

It would be a bit of a drive or you could see if they have a way to ship it but I found a few local to me (NE Pennsylvania) for $6,999 and one for $6,799 for brand new 2012's and 13's.

http://www.cycletrader.com/New-or-U...ord=1&zip=17815&radius=100&sort=featured:desc

Last edited:

NoNine4me

The FZ8 is a terrific motorcycle. I have about 6500 miles on mine (have other bikes that I ride also) and it is always a "go-to" ride when I can't decide. With a discount it's even better. The unpleasant truth about the much-vaunted FZ-09 is out now...I have a long-time riding buddy who is not at all pleased with his FZ-09 and they are started to show up on E-Bay, etcetera. Very sloppy suspension and abrupt throttle response. Don't even know yet how much the new shock and ECU reflash help things let alone what the front end will need, but you would be looking at $3,000 minimum to correct these issues and the fixes will likely not be anything but a band-aid.

If you want a Yamaha naked, the FZ8 will not disappoint.

Kardiac996

I leveraged the FZ09 as the Fz8 replacement to get the 2013 Fz8 for 7k flat. If they dont concede like mine did initially do a 100 mile search on cycletrader.com and print the results. Hand them the the stack of lower MSRP prices and then tell them you are going there instead because they want the sale.

Usually they poop and cave. i got the frieght and BS costs down to 25 bucks at my local dealer which is what helped "them" on getting an exact match price to another local dealer.

Its a left over because its no longer being produced.

good luck!!

860Rider

Im just south of you in CT. Right near the Mass border. there's only 2 real big dealers near me. Enfield Motor Sports and New England Cycle Center. NECC has the FZ8 in question I can't find one anywhere else in CT. My 2nd choice is the FZ6R but Id much prefer the FZ8. I called to confirm yesterday and the sale guy is telling me 8890...Im bummed. I'll try and bounce a few outside CT dealers prices and see if they cave.

860Rider

I purchased my 2012 fz8 in April 2013 as a leftover for $7600. They already had the 13s on the floor when I bought it. I'm glad I got the 12 though cause I love the gold forks. I think you can get a better deal and you should be able to negotiate a better price given the time of year in New England.

PS if both you guys are ever up on the north shore hit me and we'll go ridin

Good to know. Im really bummed about the sales guys not even budging. Im wondering if trying another sales rep would work?

PS absolutely. Im in CT near the Mass border

860Rider

I leveraged the FZ09 as the Fz8 replacement to get the 2013 Fz8 for 7k flat. If they dont concede like mine did initially do a 100 mile search on cycletrader.com and print the results. Hand them the the stack of lower MSRP prices and then tell them you are going there instead because they want the sale.

Usually they poop and cave. i got the frieght and BS costs down to 25 bucks at my local dealer which is what helped "them" on getting an exact match price to another local dealer.

Its a left over because its no longer being produced.

good luck!!

WOW great advice!! Im going to give that a shot. Thank you!!

raghu

PA dealers are offering anywhere between 6999 to 7499. Thats probably the price you should be paying for an outgoing model.
You need to haggle with your dealer really hard or try other dealers withing 200mi range.

TorontoAlex

Dealers will lie lie lie about everything. Get the lowest price you can. I was lucky. My guy was a no BS dealer. I called and told him a dealership 50 km away was having a factory discount sale of $1500. He looked it up and said "Ya, I can do that. Come on over." Got my bike for $8800 out the door, that included a 13% tax and PDI etc. I think the factory gives the dealers a sale price and it's up to them to pass it on, or pocket it while they bend you over.

cmurder

Pillion
or buy used and pay cash ,,( if possible ), i got my 2012 for 5k bike had right at 2k on it with full graves,bazzaz zfi, yosh fender kit , and rizoma mirrors , guy traded for a harley , left over 2013 are selling for round 7500 out the door in my area, pretty sure they will start jacking up the prices come end of feb. for the next riding season

NORE

I believe the motorcycle exchange in NJ has it for around 7500 and i think u could talk to them and get them to go lower. 2013 FZ8

860Rider

PA dealers are offering anywhere between 6999 to 7499. Thats probably the price you should be paying for an outgoing model.
You need to haggle with your dealer really hard or try other dealers withing 200mi range.

You were not kidding, BUT I talked to a sales manager and he agreed to the 6999, I put a deposit down last night!!! YEAA!!

lance2448

Well done!

When I got my FZ8, none of the dealers were willing to negotiate significantly, even though I was paying cash. Seems that every state is a bit different.

860Rider

Well done!

When I got my FZ8, none of the dealers were willing to negotiate significantly, even though I was paying cash. Seems that every state is a bit different.

I had to walk out on the first 2 guys I worked with though. I had to play some hard ball and I was ready to walk away and go with the FZ6R at another dealer. Its been in their warehouse all since Aug so Im thinking they really wanted to get rid of it. They did have 3 FZ-09 on the floor. Im guessing that's what they made room for.

WuWuKennyWu

Dang i thought i got a good deal for my bike at $7900. I mean it was fresh out of the crate with no gas and no battery but i guess thats what you get when you stare at Pictures and youtube videos for six months of the Fz 8. when i finally got all my ducks in a line to get things rolling i walked in and just lost all control. "What can i help you with sir?" me " Yea ill take that one".....Lets just say i didnt get to take her hone for another week but I had already named her "Felicia" before i even paid the deposit. But in the end Felicia and I are happier than ever and I put 4000miles on her this summer while working 60hrs a week.

860Rider

Dang i thought i got a good deal for my bike at $7900. I mean it was fresh out of the crate with no gas and no battery but i guess thats what you get when you stare at Pictures and youtube videos for six months of the Fz 8. when i finally got all my ducks in a line to get things rolling i walked in and just lost all control. "What can i help you with sir?" me " Yea ill take that one".....Lets just say i didnt get to take her hone for another week but I had already named her "Felicia" before i even paid the deposit. But in the end Felicia and I are happier than ever and I put 4000miles on her this summer while working 60hrs a week.

Hello from CT. That's not a bad deal. We're in 2014 and I was trying to buy a "leftover that's been discontinued" that's how I started my play. I used the advise from above using cycle trader to match price with other local dealers. It was a gamble...Great name for you bike. Im still working on one for mine. I'll have to see what comes to mind when I first ride her.