LED Front Indicators

lyric911

I'm looking for some front LED signals. Prefer a black housing, and OMG bright. What's everyone using?

rysyndrome

Ebay signals from Hong Kong here. Got a set of 4 for less than $50 I think. I really like the Rizoma's but hella expensive. Eventually maybe but the Ebay specials are pretty decent and get the job done.

Hereward

Used the Yamaha LED ones for past year, check European broucher if not in US one......can't fault them, brighter than the standard units!

Speedo007

Used the Yamaha LED ones for past year, check European broucher if not in US one......can't fault them, brighter than the standard units!

+1 on that, Yamaha dealers have them in Canada too. I've been told many times by others how bright my blinkers look even in daylight.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs253RAl9UU]Yamaha Fz8 LED optional blinkers - YouTube[/ame]

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Hotbodies Smoked Turn Signals

High Tech Speed Proton Light Flush Mount LED Turn Signals Yamaha :: MotorcycleGear.com

I think I'm going to get these. Wish they came in smoked, though. I supposed I could just nite-shade them.

Hotbodies makes some flush mount turn signals that you can adapt to the FZ8.

HotBodies Flushmount Turn Signals - Yamaha - FZ1 - 06-09 - Competition Accessories

All you have to do is use the OEM stem and it mates flush to it.

lyric911

i recently used the same led indicators but mounted them directly to the faring. loks great. pics coming soon

Pics of them mounted and also how you attached them to the inside of that plastic piece? I wanted to attach mine directly, but had to use the stem.

Crazywb23

I found a set of 3 wire LED's that have running in white as well as flashing in yellow. They are about 2" long, thought I had a pic but guess not. I bought them on e-bay and haven't seen them since. When I get to where I store my bike I will snap a pic and post.

BIGpanda

got mine off e-bay for 20$ and they are stupid bright all metal and don't need a resistor. I can post a picture when I get home.

Fazer401

Stinger

Just installed LOckhart Phillips Stinger led turns in front. Nice and bright, install was easy, and the blink rate is fine, I think the angular shape matches the bike really well. They are a bit on the cheesy side fit n finish-wise, but hey whatta ya want for $20. They look sweet, just when you have them in your hand they're not Rizoma-ish lol. Theyre all black, clear lens, amber light. I did have to add larger bullet connectors to the lights to fit right into the stock female (Lowes 22-18 gauge bullet terminals). I ended up using a 1 1/2" I think stainless washer inside and making teardrop shaped steel plates for the outside just by dremelling and grinding a flat piece of steel, then sprayed them black. While I had the headlight apart I put small pieces of grey window sealer (1/4" with adhesive on one side) everywhere that the plastics connect, no more rattle from the front end yah!

Fazer401

Just installed LOckhart Phillips Stinger led turns in front. Nice and bright, install was easy, and the blink rate is fine, I think the angular shape matches the bike really well. They are a bit on the cheesy side fit n finish-wise, but hey whatta ya want for $20. They look sweet, just when you have them in your hand they're not Rizoma-ish lol. Theyre all black, clear lens, amber light. I did have to add larger bullet connectors to the lights to fit right into the stock female (Lowes 22-18 gauge bullet terminals). I ended up using a 1 1/2" I think stainless washer inside and making teardrop shaped steel plates for the outside just by dremelling and grinding a flat piece of steel, then sprayed them black. While I had the headlight apart I put small pieces of grey window sealer (1/4" with adhesive on one side) everywhere that the plastics connect, no more rattle from the front end yah!

pics or it didnt happen,right? Id really like to put Rizoma Action (think thats right) turns in front, but they werent yet available...thesell hold me over till then. Oh, and a big THANK YOU MAN to Lothodon who replied quick like ninja-lightning when I needed to know which wires were which. First rounds on me.

Last edited: