LED Front Indicators

B

bren

B

bren

Why not? A little mod here or there but anything is possible. Safety( visibility by others), not fond of these small hidden indicators. Wear reflective gear so you are sure to be seen, then downsize the inicators as you wish.

I def see your point mate- maybe im better off getting the clear lensed ones..

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I keep trying to save for some rizoma zero-11's but things come up like the pit bull stands/tree's cut down/new motor in my yukon shit!:mad:

Black Widow

Avid Rider
You'll get them one day Highoctane. Hang in there, at least the FZ8 doesn't have a high dollor maintenance schedule. Nor does it seem to break down, so no money needed for repairs.

Lee_533

You reckon these guys will fit then mate? at the actual fairing- not on the stem?

Smoke Yamaha LED Flushmount Turn Signals YZF R1 R6 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 | eBay

These will fit right in the fairing. If you have pulled your blinkers off before, you will notice that there is a slight recess in the fairing. The blinkers will fit perfectly in there. The only thing I would recommend would be to put some loctite on the threads and don't over tighten them because they are plastic and will brake.

W

WARPTH

I have the flush mount led's on the front of mine now they fit well. And if you run HALOGEN indicators on the rear you won't have to worry about the flasher relay.

AlCab

Why not? A little mod here or there but anything is possible. Safety( visibility by others), not fond of these small hidden indicators. Wear reflective gear so you are sure to be seen, then downsize the inicators as you wish.

+1. That's why I am running my stock indicators and wear a neon yellow textile armored jacket. I definitely want to be as visible as possible out there.

W

WARPTH

Looks nice and clean, but you would get mowed over by a truck here that did not see the inicator working. Not that they would see it if it was 20cm by 20 cm, LOL. I have had to resort to wearing reflective vest over my gear so an 18 wheeler doesn't run me over like a speed bump. may come in handy whenthe search party comes looking after i hit the ditch .Yikes.

I dont under stand this whole wont see you over having small indicators? If the fuckers cant see your big bright head light shining intheir eyes how does the flasher help while im turning or merging lanes? And asfar as18 wheelers are concerned if im on ahi way and a truck is next to me i speed up so its NOT next to me. My bike is black and i wear black jacket and a mattblack helmet.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I dont under stand this whole wont see you over having small indicators? If the fuckers cant see your big bright head light shining intheir eyes how does the flasher help while im turning or merging lanes? And asfar as18 wheelers are concerned if im on ahi way and a truck is next to me i speed up so its NOT next to me. My bike is black and i wear black jacket and a mattblack helmet.

Trust me your headlight is also invisible to most drivers out there, making your indicaters smaller will only increase your chances of the blue haired woman not seeing you are turning. I too have a black bike, black helmet, black Jacket, pretty much invisible, got cut off and turned in front of regularly. After i started wearing Neon orange/green vest i have not been turned in front of, i can tell i am more visible now judgeing by traffic waiting for me to proceed past before turning in front of me or cutting me off. It has been proven time and again, black and gray colors blend in with the road more than any other color. Be as visible as possible, and ride defensivly.

Last edited:
C

Camo

The law states we are supposed to do the speed limit and practice safe riding/driving... I've found it safer to ride faster than the traffic around me and put a gap between me and them whenever possible!

Safest way not to get mowed down by a Volvo driving, hat wearing member of the grey army.... Don't be in the same space/place/general area!

Blinkers, high viz, defensive riding are good and all but I find taking responsibility in realising the dangers and being aware the best.
I'm mostly in all black as apparently most manufacturers only offer their larger sizes in black because nobody wants to see a big fat fuck on a bike lol.

I'm seen...I'm the black and white blur that blows past your car lol

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Driving defensivly , is the best policy ( meaning contemplate what others are doing to avoid them, thinking ahead). I know what you are trying to say ,Camo, by getting out of traffic so there is no chance of being hit, or cut off. But when passsing thru stop lights ,navigating intersections it isn't posssible to speed away from everyone, so visibility is key to survival, weather it be audible(loud pipes) or visual( hi-vis helmet, large indicators ect).

What you describe is the definition of defensive driving, envision the other car IS NOT going to see you and get the heck away from them. Offensive driveing is weaving around traffic , entering intersections without checking the situation, best left for the track. Yes , getting away from traffic is good practice and easy to accomplish on the hi ways, just not always possible in town traffic:)

sinclap2

Lazy
At the moment in Victoria (southern state of OZ), they're proposing to implement a law that requires a rider to wear the "...minimum five high visibility protective clothing items such as helmet, jacket, pants, gloves & boots."

Yep, just what I want to look like a lollipop! Coz, if Vic introduce it, we'll flipping get it too.

Have you seen this video? I dunno what else the cop had to do. Flashing lights, sirens and fluro gear. It obvious the person in the yellow Seat wasn't paying attention at all.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQFLD6kIhU]Motorcycle Fluorescent Gear Fail - Motorcycle Crash - YouTube[/ame]

People are people. Some people are going to be more aware than others, irrespective if your on a bike or not.

I have heard the same excuse when one car hits another "I didn't see them!"...um DERRRRRRRR or you wouldn't have hit them.

Hmmmm, I thinks we have gone of topic a little bit...:p

Last edited:

ZeeKdaGreeK

So does anyone know how to install a dual filament led for the front turn signal? Which wire gets eliminated and how? Any help would be appreciated..

charris247

I purchased motodynamic flush mounts and I am more than happy with them. I made the mistake of buying some crap eBay ones first (luckily only wasted $33).

The motodynamic flush mounts required some custom wiring on my part because I think I was supposed to order and adapter as well that they sell.

These also have running light function which is nice.

jkl76

Hey i just replaced my rear fender with a new fender eliminator with led turn signals and now my turn signals are going really fast. Im reading on a website that says we need a flash controller or a load resistor. I have spliced the wires to my turn signal wires and wrapped them with electrical tape. Is there any problem with this and do i need these resistors or flash controllers?

Bajaedition

After seeing that video
I am going to buy some of those nightrider lights I have seen in Dennis Kirk catalog,

they go back and forth like the front light in KIT's hood.

I think that will help on the back of my bike