Keeping headers and pipes clean

Speedo007

Maybe this too...it actually cures with the exhaust heat, so not only is it heat resistant, it needs the heat to cure on the exhausts...so this should be quite durable I think...

not sure! what about the paint they use to paint car headers? wouldnt that work? u see drag cars with like orange headers and stuff a lot!

Speedo007

Looks great. Must have been a hell of a job to get those shining like that. And let us know how long it lasts (if it protects the finish or if it just cleans it and starts staining after the first rain).

tiagovsilva

No hard job at all... actually it's quite easy.:)

Some product on a micro fiber cloth.. 15 minutes rubbing.. it's almost instantaneous.. no kidding!!..:)

After i've done the job, i've ride almost 400km and they stay shiny and silver... and yes... it protects too, with a invisible layer.

I think with rain, the brown spots maybe will return... but with "Marly" it's easy to make the headers new.

Tiago

D

Deleted member 438

We can't get that Marly stuff here in the US. I tried to order it, but there was no US shipping option.

Skiman

I use Nevr-Dull on all chrome and bright work. Originally made for marine use (cleaning up chrome railings and such) Most hardware stores carry it.

Blanchy

Whatever you use on your headers including wash'n'wax, finish with an alcohol wipe down. This will remove any silicon that will cause splotchy staining.