Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Camo

When was the last mass shooting here in Australia mate? People with guns are the problem, don't be so naive.

S

Shock

Naive is thinking they won't find another way to hurt people. You're concentrating on guns. I'm looking at a broader picture.

C

Camo

Are they finding other ways mate?
Or are they fucking shooting up schools with guns?
You're concentrating on taking the emphasis off guns killing people and pretending that they didn't shoot guns, they willed those people to death with bad intentions.

Tango59

Machetes killed and miamed thousands in Africa. No ban on Machetes there. I've been a cop in a large American city for 23 years. I've seen more people murdered with kitchen knives than anything else. The problem is mental health.... not firearms. People with mental health issues get NO help at al.l

n00b

Avid Rider
You're concentrating on taking the emphasis off guns killing people and pretending that they didn't shoot guns, they willed those people to death with bad intentions.

Late to this debate... but not a single bullet was fired from an "assult" weapon to do this:

just another psycho.

really, if a person is crazy enough to want to off themselves in the process, do they really have to use guns? ever heard of suicide bombers?

Anyone could easily mow down a bunch kids at a bus stop with a Prius. Now that's a ban I can support.

W

WARPTH

Seems like it would be harder for a student to get the keys to a car to mow over kids at a bus stop than it is to take their parents weapon to school.

ssky0078

At the end of the day innocent children have been murdered whilst at school. And the only thing different in the us compared to any where else in the world where it doesn't happen is your gun laws. And that is black and white.

Hey man it's not only the US. Remember this guy specifically went to a youth camp in Norway that was supported by a group with a different political ideology than his own.

Anders Behring Breivik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So sorry bro, it does happen. It's been happening in Africa for years, Mexicao and South America forget about it. It happens in parts of Asia. The former USSR, yeah it's happened there. I don't know what bubble that you got to live in but I'd hate to burst it.

ssky0078

Apparently the gun related crimes have been greatly reduced in Australia after the law passage in 1996

Australian mass murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But evidently 4 years after the passage of the gun law a guy just figured to set fire to a place to kill 15 people

Childers Palace Backpackers Hostel fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't blame the tool for how it's used. A torque wrench can fix your bike and you can bludgeon someone to death with it. A kitchen knife can cut your steak and slit a throat. Fire can keep you warm and roast a corpse.

The reality is that there are people with cruel/evil/bad intentions out there and they will figure out a way to achieve their malevolent goals. :2cents:

aj700

It's funny to me that most of the rationalisation for being pro gun is fear and a right to bare arms.
It all sounds like propaganda to me.

Out of curiosity, those of you who said guns were a hobby, why guns and not knife throwing, bomb building or the art of strangulation?
All similar in the common denominator right...?
Is it that guns have been glorified and turned into a symbol of freedom and power? Maybe it's subconsciously cool to shoot guns and shit.

Obviously its propaganda... Who ever wanted to do businesses, made the 'subjects' believe so hard that they have to have it for showing off their 'freedom'. From this thread too its very clear that they succeed with flying colors. Lol.
Otherwise how does a 300 million population get 270million legal firearms? One can compare this industry lobbyists to the joker from dark knight!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ssky0078

Obviously its propaganda... Who ever wanted to do businesses, made the 'subjects' believe so hard that they have to have it for showing off their 'freedom'. From this thread too its very clear that they succeed with flying colors. Lol.
Otherwise how does a 300 million population get 270million legal firearms? One can compare this industry lobbyists to the joker from dark knight!

Your blanket statistic statement doesn't reflect anything other than the Joker was far from the norm.

An estimated 20% of gun owners possess 65% of the nation's guns, according to a Harvard University survey published in 2007.

A separate review by the General Social Survey, part of the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago, has tracked a slow decline in the portion of Americans who own guns, from 29% in 1980 to about 21% in 2010

So if only 20% of the 300 million population or 60 million people own guns in the US. Then take that the number (20%) of multi-gun owners who hold 65% of the guns would bring us down to about 12 million people or roughly 4% of the american population is the holders of the majority of guns. Take into account that many multi-gun owners are former military service personnel, former police officers, ranchers, rural home owners, etc.

Now take your country sweden with an estimated population of 9 million people. You have approximately 2 million registered firearms. This ranks you number 10 on the list of ranking guns/population list. On top of that they estimate approximately 4 million guns possessed in your country illegally.
The only interesting thing is that handguns are so few of your guns like 5%.

Make sure your backyard is clean before you start pointing at your neighbors boss.

aj700

Your blanket statistic statement doesn't reflect anything other than the Joker was far from the norm.

An estimated 20% of gun owners possess 65% of the nation's guns, according to a Harvard University survey published in 2007.

A separate review by the General Social Survey, part of the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago, has tracked a slow decline in the portion of Americans who own guns, from 29% in 1980 to about 21% in 2010

So if only 20% of the 300 million population or 60 million people own guns in the US. Then take that the number (20%) of multi-gun owners who hold 65% of the guns would bring us down to about 12 million people or roughly 4% of the american population is the holders of the majority of guns. Take into account that many multi-gun owners are former military service personnel, former police officers, ranchers, rural home owners, etc.

Now take your country sweden with an estimated population of 9 million people. You have approximately 2 million registered firearms. This ranks you number 10 on the list of ranking guns/population list. On top of that they estimate approximately 4 million guns possessed in your country illegally.
The only interesting thing is that handguns are so few of your guns like 5%.

Make sure your backyard is clean before you start pointing at your neighbors boss.

You have completely mistaken my statements. I was pointing to the industry and their intentions.
But if as per your numbers what havoc should society be prepared to expect if atleast 10% of population gets access to guns? We are talking abt guns which spoiled kids are using to kill other small kids, and going for some years now. Doesnt it sound serious ? Do you think such a dangerous weapon should available to every one?
Dont blame those swedes, i am here only for work. ;)
But your last statement Sir, will backfire for sure on all context.

aj700

I will sign off. Sorry it was not my intention to hurt anyone personally or any country. beneath the color, race, religion, nation, we are good human beings. Will stick to our common interest which is driving and fz8s.
Peace gentlemen... :)
F*ck this winter!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

W

WARPTH

just ate a awesome pepper steak meat pie.
though it was relevant to this thread because a gun would have been used to slaighter the cow.
mmmmmm it was yumm

n00b

Avid Rider
You have completely mistaken my statements. I was pointing to the industry and their intentions.
But if as per your numbers what havoc should society be prepared to expect if atleast 10% of population gets access to guns? We are talking abt guns which spoiled kids are using to kill other small kids, and going for some years now. Doesnt it sound serious ? Do you think such a dangerous weapon should available to every one?
Dont blame those swedes, i am here only for work. ;)
But your last statement Sir, will backfire for sure on all context.

This wasn't the work of a "spoiled" kid. One of my boys has autism. He's not spoiled, it's not bad parenting, etc. our other son has none of the same issues. We have fought like hell w insurance, school, etc, to get help. If you think this is a "gun" problem, I can tell you first hand that it's not.

H

Hoover

I think everyone has given their opinion.

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH.

I'm out of this one

Status
Not open for further replies.