Guhl Ecu flash

MotoZen

I'm also planning on getting it done come spring time on my stock bike. I get the feeling that most people have other mods done first and the flash is done after. I'm curious what the flash will do to stock.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

NoNine4me

I'm also planning on getting it done come spring time on my stock bike. I get the feeling that most people have other mods done first and the flash is done after. I'm curious what the flash will do to stock.

My bike is also completely stock. Buddy said they had a flash for upgrading the stock setup.

MotoZen

My bike is also completely stock. Buddy said they had a flash for upgrading the stock setup.

I talked to them a week or so ago, as well. Once you pay to have it done, they will do it again for free if you do any upgrades. Which is a bonus for me since I'm within driving distance. I plan to get it done and see how I like it, then probably get it redone after doing a few things down the line.

NoNine4me

I talked to them a week or so ago, as well. Once you pay to have it done, they will do it again for free if you do any upgrades. Which is a bonus for me since I'm within driving distance. I plan to get it done and see how I like it, then probably get it redone after doing a few things down the line.
I don't plan on any changes to the intake or exhaust so probably won't need any upgrade adjustments, but that is good to know. They also said they would adjust it if anything seemed wrong, or even reload the stock ECU program.

Anyone know if this ECU is the WORM or EPROM type? WORM has a set number of times it can be flashed.:(

MotoZen

I don't plan on any changes to the intake or exhaust so probably won't need any upgrade adjustments, but that is good to know. They also said they would adjust it if anything seemed wrong, or even reload the stock ECU program.

Anyone know if this ECU is the WORM or EPROM type? WORM has a set number of times it can be flashed.:(

I don't plan on doing much to it. When I used to work on my mustangs, I quickly realised that I can't afford to make my vehicles the fastest, baddest things on the road. At this point, I mostly plan to do mods and tweaks for rideability and cosmetics.

I'll probably do a Coffman exhaust and block the AIS if it needs it. Otherwise, I think I'll mostly stick to cosmetics which don't require any extra flashing. I've already hit 115 on it and can beat almost any car from a red light. Personally, that's plenty for me (at least for the time being ;) )

97audia4

where are they at? I want to go with this flash once my arrow headers finally get here so i cant get a flash and just be done.

MotoZen

where are they at? I want to go with this flash once my arrow headers finally get here so i cant get a flash and just be done.

They're in Ephrata, PA: Guhl Motors

http://goo.gl/maps/3aUI8

When are you supposed to get them? I was going to get some guys on the forum to had over there and maybe a group ride.

NoNine4me

Its EEPROM, WORM (Write Once Read Many) can only be only be written to once.
That is quite cool, as my BMW uses WORM and can only be written 12 times. Fortunately it runs perfectly so I have no interest in doing a flash; one was done at the first service so now only 10 "slots" left.

97audia4

They're in Ephrata, PA: Guhl Motors

http://goo.gl/maps/3aUI8

When are you supposed to get them? I was going to get some guys on the forum to had over there and maybe a group ride.

Haha right in my own damn backyard and I never knew it. Well since its so close I might just go get a flash and come back once they are here.

97audia4

Just saw on the map where it was and if we started at my house we could could take some good back burner roads on the way there.

MotoZen

Just saw on the map where it was and if we started at my house we could could take some good back burner roads on the way there.

I definitely want to try and get something together. There are apparently a handful of us "in the area." I think it takes about 45 minutes to get it done, so I want to head there in the morning and maybe ride around after. I'm about an hour from there.

DSmith

From reading this thread it seems theres a lot to gain from the ecu reflash. I see some guys also run a PCV or some other fuel controller along with their reflash. My question is, with just a 2Bros slip-on would you you gentleman recommend a fuel controller as well. For the time being I dont plan on changing anything else on the bike but the reflash seems to smooth her out and give her some more umph which would be excellent. One more noobish question. When you send your ecu to Guhl, do you simply just tell them what mods you have on your bike and they factor those in to the tune? Thats what it appeared to me by reading some posts. Thanks guys.

MotoZen

From reading this thread it seems theres a lot to gain from the ecu reflash. I see some guys also run a PCV or some other fuel controller along with their reflash. My question is, with just a 2Bros slip-on would you you gentleman recommend a fuel controller as well. For the time being I dont plan on changing anything else on the bike but the reflash seems to smooth her out and give her some more umph which would be excellent. One more noobish question. When you send your ecu to Guhl, do you simply just tell them what mods you have on your bike and they factor those in to the tune? Thats what it appeared to me by reading some posts. Thanks guys.

I'm pretty sure that's how it works, but you can always call them and ask. I talked to them recently and they answered all my questions and seem like good guys.

97audia4

I definitely want to try and get something together. There are apparently a handful of us "in the area." I think it takes about 45 minutes to get it done, so I want to head there in the morning and maybe ride around after. I'm about an hour from there.

sounds good to me, maybe start a thread and pick a few dates and see which one works for the most people.

MotoZen

sounds good to me, maybe start a thread and pick a few dates and see which one works for the most people.

I was planning on it, as soon as there is some sign if this horrid winter coming to an end.

97audia4

I was planning on it, as soon as there is some sign if this horrid winter coming to an end.

haha yea my commute to work tomorrow is not looking so hot right now. Maybe we could get them to do a special group price if enough people show.

MotoZen

haha yea my commute to work tomorrow is not looking so hot right now. Maybe we could get them to do a special group price if enough people show.

It's worth a shot. I'll give a call and try to find out.