EXHAUST

Jwood9

Coolslice I've really been considering the Vance and Hines cs one. How much of a difference is it when at idle? I'm looking for something that adds a growl but isn't annoying. I really like V&H but I don't want something too loud.
Also has anyone had a chance to compare the V&H to the Yoshi's? I'm stuck between these two and haven't made a final decisicion. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

malikona

Coolslice I've really been considering the Vance and Hines cs one. How much of a difference is it when at idle? I'm looking for something that adds a growl but isn't annoying. I really like V&H but I don't want something too loud.
Also has anyone had a chance to compare the V&H to the Yoshi's? I'm stuck between these two and haven't made a final decisicion. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

I've got a CS One Blackout on backorder, and I have the same concern/excitement about volume. In the only two videos of it I've been able to find at least, it seems to be pretty darn loud. I don't know how it stacks up vs. other exhausts. That said, it sure sounds awesome, and if it's a little loud I'll just take to wearing earplugs or using the db-killer from time to time. I think I'll be so used to the near-silence of the stock muffler that any other will seem 'equally louder' if that makes any sense. Only time and miles will tell.

Sound and noise aside, the thing just looks so perfect on the bike that it could sound like a fart and I will still love it.

Harrywz

V&H have nice sounding pipes. I am rather disappointed with their customer service. I had a baffle split, sent them pictures and a couple of emails and no response. I didn't pursue the issue, traded the bike for my FZ.

I now have the Yoshi R77-D and it sounds sweet. I still have the AIS hooked up and I will get a pop here and there depending on how much I twist my wrist. The R77 has a baffle if you want to go that way.

Jwood9

Thanks for the help guys! I love V&H on several other bikes I've seen and I love that it's made in good ole :america: . Also I have several loud neighbors so a little noise doesn't bother me ;). I'm just hoping this doesn't become a never ending project with me ordering db killers and what not. So basically I'm looking for that growl at startup and rev with a moderate idle. Im almost positive I'm going for the r77d or r77 or cs one. Thanks again everyone!

Harrywz

How come no one is talking about the scorpions? Nobody?

Ok, Scorpions. Had them on my 07 R1. Came as a pair and could not line up the ends properly. One pipe I could get adjusted but other one, no. Also big problem I had was at cruising speed (85-95 km/hr) the exhaust would resonate badly, would rip right thru the helmet and drive a person nuts! As well I had the catless "Y" pipe installed.

But thats just my opinion:)

ZeeKdaGreeK

So in order of performance:
1. Full Akra system
2. Akra slip-on
3. Two brothers
4. Yoshimura

How about the mivv double gun, the graves, or the vance and hines? Although im interested in sound it sort of makes sense to shell out the $$ for the slip on that gives the best performance boost..

Last edited:

Harrywz

i am looking for an exhaust for my bike so far all i can find is a couple in France and Italy .. and i am not really crazy on them they are from leo vince and arrow i have seen on akra for sale but when i went on youtube i seen a system called devil and they looked great and sounded great i was just wondering if anyone knows i can get a devil exhaust in canada or if akra has a carbon fiber exhaust? if so how do i get one in canada nobody seems to have the systems here

I heard that Devil went under last year sometime. It maybe possible that someone may have bought the assets and are producing them again. As per FZ1 fitting, the mid pipe is different as the FZ1 uses a EXUP valve in the pipe.

Tiffy

I have Devil that I bought last year from :eek:, half the price than I would have paid in Aus. Didn't know that they had gone under - very, very happy with my carbon and stainless, sound and performance.

View attachment 1817

b8ppj

Just installed the v&h cs one sounds great

Very nice :cool: