Exhaust Manufacturers

ramrod

Any sound clips of this???

Finally got a chance to give my baby a bath and take a sound clip of the exhaust.

Since I don't know how to embed a youtube file, here is the link: MVI_4004.MOV - YouTube.

JRunner

Just installed my new barracuda gp1 exhaust. The way I ordered it was 300 mm length (for the exhaust itself), ultrashort link pipe, stainless steel look, and laser logo. The ultrashort link pipe is what allows this to be their shortest version. When it was received they put on a decal sticker instead. For this mistake they credited me 25.00 off and I just removed it and I think it looks nicer that way anyway. They make these per order which is nice... Not mass produced. They were flexible on the price too, seeing on how there's the euro conversion and expensive shipping from Germany. With the credit ... 425.00.

I haven't installed the db killer yet... And without it, it is so loud! I knew it was going to be louder than stock, but man its LOUD! It does pop a lot when you let off. All in all I think its great and makes the bike look awesome.

Last edited:
C

Camo

I dig it JRunner. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it.

Mine arrived on the doorstep today! Was so stoked when I opened the box, it was better then I'd thought.
Stuck it on in about 20 mins tops and took it out for a quick squirt, maybe half hour check of the beaches... So loud. I felt rude blipping down a gear when there were a few pedestrians about lol.
I leave home for work at around 1:30am. I can only begin to imagine what sort of rude shock it will be kicking it over and breaking that early morning silence....
Snapped a couple of very quick pics on my phone

FZh8in

Ixil Hyperlow. It's made for an R6 so the diameter was a bit small for the FZ8, but I have a master welder friend who hooked me up :D Had a little popping when it was first put on. Then when I PC'd it the popping just got insane! Finally did smog block-off a couple days ago and all is good now. If you have the means to put this exhaust on I would highly recommend it! (and for $100 from indysuperbikes.com you CAN'T beat the price) I will try to post a sound clip for you guys soon as well!

FazerFL

Just installed my Two Brothers exhaust on the 2011 FZ8 heres the link to the video
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL8YuRDWfAU&feature=plcp]FZ8 - Two Brothers Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

sinclap2

Lazy
Anybody know what kind of can this is?

All i know is... i want one!

Luckily they're cheap to buy too! I have one they sound great but can be liittle loud. The DB killer option for them, IMO, doesn't do much. I love the sound it makes though :D

This is my bike

Last edited:

xmadmax

Luckily they're cheap to buy too! I have one they sound great but can be liittle loud. The DB killer option for them, IMO, doesn't do much. I love the sound it makes though :D

This is my bike

So what is the trick to get it so short? Just leave out the intermediate pipe, and make a custom bracket? I like the way he's got it mounted really short like that.

Do you know if the can will fit without the intermediate pipe without modifying the inlet of the can?

sinclap2

Lazy
So what is the trick to get it so short? Just leave out the intermediate pipe, and make a custom bracket? I like the way he's got it mounted really short like that.

Do you know if the can will fit without the intermediate pipe without modifying the inlet of the can?

From what I can see, I THINK you would just attach it directly to the catalytic converter. So yeah, without the middle pipe.

W

WARPTH

Anybody know what kind of can this is?

All i know is... i want one!

well this photo is actually of a FZ1 not a FZ8. the header pipes on a FZ1 are different and finish shorter than the FZ8 from what ive found. so that's why you will find a lot of shorty pipe's for a FZ1 and not for a FZ8 unless its a full system. ie graves motorsport full system;
Graves Motorsports Yamaha FZ8 Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System
but sinclap is right, that is a danmoto can but its still some sort of custom set up!

Harrywz

well this photo is actually of a FZ1 not a FZ8. the header pipes on a FZ1 are different and finish shorter than the FZ8 from what ive found. so that's why you will find a lot of shorty pipe's for a FZ1 and not for a FZ8 unless its a full system. ie graves motorsport full system;
Graves Motorsports Yamaha FZ8 Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System
but sinclap is right, that is a danmoto can but its still some sort of custom set up!

Thats a custom header pipe on this bike. Does look like FZ1, its missing the EXUP valve and cat and has the FZ8 headlight attached.