Drinking and Riding

H

Hoover

A new thread elsewhere on here shows how stupid drinking and driving/riding is.
Last week, a work mate of mine decided that a month of experience and no licence gave him the neccesary skills to have a few brews and go for a spin.
Now he knows what road rash feels like and how expensive motorcycles are to fix.
I was in the wrecker industry for over 30 years and have seen more than my fair share of dui wrecks and dead bodies.
Sooooo, be honest guys, who has done it, who still does it and who never has or will.
Be honest now, this is the internet so it must be true. :cheers: :drunks:

master paper clip

A new thread elsewhere on here shows how stupid drinking and driving/riding is.
Last week, a work mate of mine decided that a month of experience and no licence gave him the neccesary skills to have a few brews and go for a spin.
Now he knows what road rash feels like and how expensive motorcycles are to fix.
I was in the wrecker industry for over 30 years and have seen more than my fair share of dui wrecks and dead bodies.
Sooooo, be honest guys, who has done it, who still does it and who never has or will.
Be honest now, this is the internet so it must be true. :cheers: :drunks:

Personally I think people that drink and drive are retarded, not only are u chancing hurting or killing your self but others also, I've never done it and never plan on it, u know If they perminatly revoked your license and u were forced to spend a minimum 6 months in prison, dont think many people would do it anymore, that's and te whole phone thing, driving is a privalage not a right, stop being so easy on people and they would stop doing it

sumitkid123

I'v had my fair share of riding drunk but it got me monday morning..... my Thank God for PPE post hint... hint...

Won't ever ride drunk again for sure.

Paralgin

Avid Rider
Never have or will ride or drive drunk. Thats just sad.. I have a "friend" that killed a 16 year old kid with his car when he drove drunk.

C

Camo

I've done a few drink drives from a pub at a place called Crescent Head, about 500 meters up a public road then hang a left and drive for about 15 minutes up a dirt track to a campsite called Point Plomer.
I used to go on surfing trips there every year and one or two drink driving sessions was mandatory.... Never once did we speed or do anything stupid, not that that makes it any better.
I don't ride or drive with booze or drugs in my system, ever. I'm not really a drinker any more anyways.

JRider

Tried a little of both on a dirt bike as a teen... entire back got rashed and lots of stitches. Makes for a disapointing ride for me.

compensation

Only on dirtbikes. Too many lives out there even in my car. If I feel affects at all I will wait it out. On the other hand give me a long mud trail and my mud truck and you wont be able to pry the can out of my hands. :iconbeer:

D

DJK1505

Car Yes bike No, sober for over two years, the fz was a present to myself for quiting.

Same with me, been 17 months. Spent 3 days in the hospital, lost 57 pounds in 2 weeks, body just started shutting down. Docs say my lifestyle was too much for my body to handle anymore. Now I am type 1 diabetic, have an adrenal gland issue, and dont eat (have no appetite and forget to eat all the time), massive headaches. So after being sober for a few months I decided it was time to get back on two wheels.

I used to be a big partier, in my younger years I would do anything and ride, but as my drinking got heavier and my job started cracking down on DUI's, I put the keys up and never drove anything after a drink, well besides the wheelers or jeep in the woods.

DJ

W

WARPTH

Its hard enough keeping out of the windshield of these clowns they call drivers already little own after a couple of drinks.

Hereward

Don't Drink and Drive - YouTube

Go on youtube and watch the hundreds of thousands of news reports of families whos lives have been destroyed by drink drivers.........Kill yourself because your drunk in charge of a vehicle then thats your own problem, kill an member of the public because you think your ok drinking and driving...........well put it this way, you realise alcohol impairs your judgement, and you realise if you have an accident when driving after haveing a drink it's more than likely it's the drink that caused it. And finaly you also know as a bike rider or car driver if you crash into a person or another vehicle being driven by a person you could easily kill that person..........yet after a few drinks you judge it to be an acceptable risk.........would you think it an acceptable risk that if you were found to be DUI or drunk in charge of a vehicle after a fatal accident you caused that you were not charged with DUI but with murder? Stop drink driving.........if you kill someone whilst DUI you are charged with premeditated 1st degree murder......I think after the first prosercution cases of DUI would vastly decrease.

FZER

Avid Rider
I'm sitting at a bar right now I ordered my second beer after about thirty minutes or so then waitress ask if I want another and I say no I'm driving. Now's there's like three cops here... I might just be paranoid but I think I getting profiled.......riding while on sportbike! I didn't even finish the second one. I guess I'll hang for thirty minutes and then f-um! I dont have anything against police but I was like the only white kid in a black neighborhood and I have seen good kids really messed wt me included!

H

Hoover

I'm sitting at a bar right now I ordered my second beer after about thirty minutes or so then waitress ask if I want another and I say no I'm driving. Now's there's like three cops here... I might just be paranoid but I think I getting profiled.......riding while on sportbike! I didn't even finish the second one. I guess I'll hang for thirty minutes and then f-um! I dont have anything against police but I was like the only white kid in a black neighborhood and I have seen good kids really messed wt me included!

Sometimes, being paranoid keeps you safe.

mavpsa

i've had drinks and jumped on the bike. not drunk, but sometimes slightly tipsy. i know its stupid but i ride to work everyday so these happy hour sessions really suck!

Mrpacis

View attachment 588

Me and some buddies. Took our bikes to the oc street fair. Got some brews and jack and coke. Some people. Might say unknown it's stupid. But we know our limits. So we drink then ride not drink and ride