Don't Install a Larger Aftermarket Horn in the Stock Location

FZER

Avid Rider
I'm not trying to be an asre or anything, but your shocks compress....... I'm actually going to order a Stebil Nautlis, but I'm going to cut the compresser off of the actual outlet/horn section and run a 1/4 nylon hose to it in the front. It's going to be a pretty big project, finding a place to mount the compressor, but I did this on the GSXR 750 I had and everyone loved it. I can't remember where I got the idea to do it from, but damn those little horns are crazy loud.

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Another option is the dual PIAA 500 and 600 Hz horns. They installed OK and I did have to remove the end caps because they did tap the fender on extreme braking. No more!

I believe the same two bolt holes on the lower triple exist on the FZ8 as the 1 right? See the deflectors at the base of the horns? That is what I removed.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I am just going to go back to the stock horn for now. The Stebel Nautilus is actually sold now.

FZER

Avid Rider
Yeah they are pretty big. Like I said though they can be pulled apart and locate the compressor some where else maybe in the tail section. Anyone that's heard one of these horns knows it's worth the trouble. For me it's just another reason to do a mod!!!!

jcocker03

horn :confused: ............hmmmmm...... oh! thats what that button does! :D i just use the horn located on my hand three digits from the left or right! if you really screw me up and put my life in some danger you get the blow by followed by a bouncing lug nut into your grille, headlamp, windshield, hood.

LIKE A DUMP TRUCK I CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ITEMS THAT MAY FALL OFF MY BIKE!

Lol funny story i actually did lose the swingarm bolt on my SP-370 once. Right in the middle of traffic too.

But yeah i've been thinking about replacing my horn too, sounds so high pitched and honda civicish that im embarrassed to use it lol i just rev the exhaust instead (two brothers slipon). Ill have to be careful with horn placement i guess, thanks for the headsup i woulda never thought to worry about hittn the fender.