Crashed my 8 today.

jumb5150

So today I went out on a ride on hwy 9 with my buddies. It was the begging of the ride and was passing up some guys on a couple of harleys. They let me by and I was pretty much on the middle of the road. Went up a little hill, but then a turn came up and apex'd too early. Before I knew it, I was on the side of the road. I remember going over my bars, slamming on the ground and my bike landing on me (hence the tire mark on my back). Damage is bad front is done and I have a puncture on the swingarm. The guys on the Harley stopped to help me out. My friends went back as soon as they figured I was missing from the line. Sigh.... I feel like a bus hit me today. Thankful I walked away from it. Im bummed because I won't have a bike for awhile its probably gonna be totaled. I've only paid off $3000 out of the 9k i owe. I will call ins tomorrow. Man I love riding and I love riding this road. A very hard lesson learned today. The fact that I've been on this road several times and my mind went into auto pilot was my fault. I should pay more attention next time. Man she was on 6k miles old. I feel like an idiot

C

Camo

Damn! Sorry to hear such bad news though luckily you escaped with minor damage. Just remember bikes come and go but you only get one life!
Good luck with insurance or replacement.

jumb5150

Thx camo you're right about that

but when I was laying there with so much pain. I looked over and saw my bike laying down. It was like looking into the eyes of my lover who was killed right in front of me and I was forced to watch. Funny, I was more concerned about my bike rather than my well being.

Mrpacis

Damn! Sorry to hear such bad news though luckily you escaped with minor damage. Just remember bikes come and go but you only get one life!
Good luck with insurance or replacement.

Haha when I left comment I didn't bother looking at yours lol.

Hereward

Glad to hear your ok, also good to see the MC boys stoped to pull you out of the trees ;) What do you put the off down to? (allways good to pass this on to others) did you go in too hot or target fixate on the exit, or just plain bad luck and catch a bit of gravel too close to the edge..........Hows the bike structuraly? it didn't look too bad in the pics, don't quite understand the "punctured swingarm" description?

sinclap2

Lazy
It is good to hear you're ok.

Sorry not trying to thread jack, just sharing a friend's bike crash story and the mateship of fellow riders :)

A workmate of mine went for a ride by himself a few years ago up in the hills around Bathurst towards Lithgow/Katoomba, in NSW. I can't quite remember the all details of the accident, but what essentially happened was a truck cut him off and pushed him into a rock-face that road was cut out of (similar to the one on Camo's footer signature). He doesn't remember the accident, he remembers the truck but that is it. It knocked him out cold.

He said he woke up to about 10 bikies standing over the top of him, essentially they were just protecting him and directing traffic. These guys were from a full on bikie gang, not just a club but a bad-ass gang. They said they saw what happened and they called an ambulance. Don't worry about your bike we'll look after it for you and get it where ever, we have already called someone to pick it up. We have sent a couple of guys to "catch up" with the truck driver :D They gave him a phone to call his girlfriend (they had to dial the number, he wasn't in the best condition) and he said he was alright (I think he broke a leg and fractured a collar bone) and to meet him at the hospital.

The truck driver was charged with negligent driving. He said he didn't see him.

It is good to see that complete strangers have your back when you need it, especially when they're motorcycle gang. I can't imagine what the truck driver thought when they caught up with him! :eek5:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

I'm glad you are OK. Good luck with the recovery and getting the bike back together.

V

Vapordan

Glad you're doing ok. The bike will mend itself, there's always parts. Don't worry too much about it. Focus on yourself.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
So today I went out on a ride on hwy whatever with my buddies...........

It seems like all motorcycle horror stories start this way! Lesson: Don't go riding with any buddies!

Seriously, glad you're ok and hope you get back on the road soon.

SpunkyTheTuna

Glad you're ok. That's the biggest thing. Bikes are bikes and they're all replaceable. Funny thing: when I was young and had an off, my first thought was always my bike. How much work was I going to have to do to fix my bike. I knew my body would heal itself. Now that I'm an olde pharte, when I had an off, my first thought was if I was going to heal, screw the bike. How time changes our perspectives, huh?

jumb5150

Glad to hear your ok, also good to see the MC boys stoped to pull you out of the trees ;) What do you put the off down to? (allways good to pass this on to others) did you go in too hot or target fixate on the exit, or just plain bad luck and catch a bit of gravel too close to the edge..........Hows the bike structuraly? it didn't look too bad in the pics, don't quite understand the "punctured swingarm" description?

The MC were the guys i was riding with. Great bunch of guys. The guys on the harleys that helped were not in the pics. As far as the swingarm being punctured, look at the 4th photo down. You can see a hole in the swing arm right by the passenger peg.

So I watched the crash vid. and none of it was really bad luck just a bad rider. I passed up the guys on the harelys and went up a small hill. On my way down there was a left turn but realized i was inside rather than outside. So I went inside to outside and target fixated.

jumb5150

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Feels like a bus just hit me. My co workers were surprised i still made it to work.