Crankin but no ignition

rocketz

does anyone here know yamaha mechanic email adress or contact info? regarding to my problem.where should i contact...pls help

toothycardus

i have change imobilizer reade to new one,no luck.key light still blinking,should i go to change ecu? diagnostic mode can not be accessed.only ER 1 on dash while i put tank down .

You have to change the ECU aswell, because i had an Yamaha MT03 and the ignition barrel was faulty so because the barrel needed to be changed they had to change the ECU, Immobilizer and all the locks and keys because they are all coded to each other. lucky for me it was all done on warranty.

rocketz

i thought it was only a code reader.what do you think about HI indicator? do you have same condition? thanks

Last edited:

lance2448

I would suspect that there is a more specific issue. It doesn't sound like the bike has a problem cranking, so I suspect there's no power issues.

I would first worry about the fact that it thinks it's overheating. I don't know if it's a feature on this bike, but, that may prevent the fuel pump from getting power.

Perhaps try removing or replacing the thermostat? I'm not sure if just unplugging it will work or not.

Though I would first double check as many electrical connections as you can find. Bad grounds and such can cause all manners of otherwise impossible to troubleshoot issues.

Good luck!

rocketz

Until now,my bike still on the stand.i have try to replace immobilizer reader and thermostat sensor to brand new one.nothing change.

Now,before i replace ECU,imobilizer reader unit,key,and fuel cap.i have to deep checked that these things are broken.first now i test wiring harness and found nothing wrong.even the switch.

its too bad yamaha dont provide diagnostic socket

cmurder

Pillion
any chance you running a Power commander or any other tuner.. if so a bad power commander or loose ground/ power , could also be causing this issue ,, had that happen to me a while back

rocketz

any chance you running a Power commander or any other tuner.. if so a bad power commander or loose ground/ power , could also be causing this issue ,, had that happen to me a while back

no bro,this bike completely stock.only horn and hid light i have change..

Samr1985

Error code 43

does any one know how to solve this ? 43 - Power supply to the injectors and the fuel pump is not normal. - Came up today :(

cmurder

Pillion
just ran into this with my buddies speed triple his HID's caused the bike not start ,they where causing some sort of ground issue , just a thought ... dont know if you took them off yet and tested

rocketz

i called this bike "stupid and miserable bike"

ok,i am truely angry by now.my bike was not move from 1 yrs ago and i try myself asking and searching everywhere.any mechanic and read everywhere.this guide me to lost,pls read above.

1.Bike crankin sometime but cant ignite.mostly cant be start

2."HI" indicator on dash,cant go diagnostic no error code.

3."HI" indicate starting operating procedure was not allowed by ecu and something went wrong.I listen to a mechanic to change only the immobilizer reader.i buy from europe on high price.try to put it on the bike,still the same HI still indicated.

4.No choice,i have to replace the whole ECU,Tank key,ignition key,imo reader (again,now i have three pcs) cost me more than 1K on my own cost.

5.whoala...HI change to LO,this indicate ok to ignite also throthle body flap moving.

6.i try to use old imo reade,and it turn "HI" even i use old ECU with new reade it turn to "HI" ok so i use all new things.

7.Try to ignite,engine check indicator light up,error code 12.i try to test crankshaft position sensor and its ok.check coupler connection on ecu,sensor evertything fine.so now possibilities is only on wiring harnes...

I am sick of this bike....

toothycardus

i called this bike "stupid and miserable bike"

ok,i am truely angry by now.my bike was not move from 1 yrs ago and i try myself asking and searching everywhere.any mechanic and read everywhere.this guide me to lost,pls read above.

1.Bike crankin sometime but cant ignite.mostly cant be start

2."HI" indicator on dash,cant go diagnostic no error code.

3."HI" indicate starting operating procedure was not allowed by ecu and something went wrong.I listen to a mechanic to change only the immobilizer reader.i buy from europe on high price.try to put it on the bike,still the same HI still indicated.

4.No choice,i have to replace the whole ECU,Tank key,ignition key,imo reader (again,now i have three pcs) cost me more than 1K on my own cost.

5.whoala...HI change to LO,this indicate ok to ignite also throthle body flap moving.

6.i try to use old imo reade,and it turn "HI" even i use old ECU with new reade it turn to "HI" ok so i use all new things.

7.Try to ignite,engine check indicator light up,error code 12.i try to test crankshaft position sensor and its ok.check coupler connection on ecu,sensor evertything fine.so now possibilities is only on wiring harnes...

I am sick of this bike....

you could just take it to a Yamaha dealer and get it fixed

rocketz

ok,this is what i am doing now.

1.I do connection test from crankshaft position sensor to coupler both side ...no problem.

2.I test resistance of crankshaft position sensor(service manual reference)..no problem

3.according to wiring diagram GREY cable lead to directly to ECU.i test from coupler to ECU pinout...no problem

4.According to wiring diagram BLUE/BLACK lead to atmosperic preasure sensor (no 22) and cylinder identification sensor (23).I test from crankshaft position sensor coupler to 22 and 23 and direct to ECU (blue black)...I found no problem.

5.According to service manual,the only problem is : crankshaft position sensor (OK),wiring harness (OK),ECU (new)

So what is my trouble maker?...everything seems to be ok but fault code 12 still there and the bike still on stand....any clue please help,is it possible starter relay? because fuel pump work,throthle body flap moving but i hear no click on relay

Last edited:

rocketz

after i charge battery to full,i found more fault code on dash.12(crank) 41(lean angle sensor) 48(athmospheric pressure sensor) these drive me crazy.

i try to browse, and i found this code 12 WAS NOT generate because of only sensor,wiring harness,ECU connector.This Yamaha bike was programmed to report (self diagnostic) based on sensor input but NOT all condition it cant describe exactly what really happend.so we can not trust 100% on service guidance.

The fault code 12 on my bike is because the sensor are not on the right gear position (crank gear) when it stop.and when starting procedure ECU has to detect the right position to proceed engine on (no error code and no engine check light) so i try to push the bike forward and reverse with 1st gear on...and guess what?..fault code 12 dissapear:bs2::p

problem is not end,bike can not be start.engine check light (yellow) light up when start pushed.Change the starter relay...and VROOOOMMM...after almost a year and my own search.at last the bike roaar again.i hope this may help.

Last edited:

rocketz

and the symphtom come again....bike wont start,crankin but no ignition .the difference is now sometime no fault code and no imobilizer light up..sometime fault code 12,41,48...:eek: i better think to put this bike on the museum.