Crankin but no ignition

rocketz

Hi,my fz8 can only cranking without ignition,key led blinking on dash.does anyone know how to fix it? i can not get into self diagnostic mode and no error coe on display.the temperature flash HI even i never turn it on.Fuel pump also not work.Is this immobilizer trouble or something wrong on sensors? battery and fuse ok."HI" indicator lite.Thank you,need expert advise here...

i take video of it,red neither black key work.
http://youtu.be/PMNwLl3yp7U

Last edited:

rocketz

Thank you for your attention,i will take video of it by tomorrow.also on starter relay under front seat,it clicking a lot.battery is full.

Bram

Had the same issue once.
I fixed it by using the red key. (with the code installed)

Just try to ignite using the red key. And when it works, switch back to the black one.

Rotaryknight

Can it be just a bad fuel pump? Check to see if you have power going to the fuel pump when turning it on. If there is power, the pump might be bad, if there is no power, the immobilzer is active

cambo

Avid Rider
rocketz...any update? Still doing it?

I agree with Rotaryknight...I don't hear the fuel pump kicking in when you turn the ignition on.

cambo

Avid Rider
Had the same issue once.
I fixed it by using the red key. (with the code installed)

Just try to ignite using the red key. And when it works, switch back to the black one.

heyyyy I didn't get a red key....I want a red key too. HMMPFF.

:p

RoadKill

Can it be just a bad fuel pump? Check to see if you have power going to the fuel pump when turning it on. If there is power, the pump might be bad, if there is no power, the immobilzer is active

yes make sure you need to make sure you are getting fuel.
also check your fuse box. the ignition fuse and fuel injection system fuses in particular.

rocketz

Yes cambo,still doing it.fuel pump not working no voltage there.i cant get into diagnose mode.as long as i read on service manual,diagnose mode can be access by pressing select and rest and turn key on with engine run off.but still cant get into.so how to deactivate immobilizer? i have try red and black key.not works....:eek::eek:

roadkill,fuse is on perfect condition.red key light on dash still flashing,first 2 second interval and then slower.

rocketz

I am doing research from mechanics,user of FZ8 that have the same issued.
Problem if this symptom is immobilizer transmitter.
As you can see on fz8 parts manual,imobilizer transmitter is separate with key slot.sure it can cranking without ignition,the explanation was key can make starter motor run but no ignition command from ECU.
ECU command trigger from ECU while ECU got authorization from key immobilizer.

So,in my oppinion there are 3 ways to do,from cheaper to expensive way:
1.I have to try immobilizer read and transmitting code to ECU

2.Replace immobilizer

3.Change ECU.

This is a common problem on FZ8,some mechanic said change new ECU got the new version.

Anybody,review my oppinion pls

toothycardus

heyyyy I didn't get a red key....I want a red key too. HMMPFF.

:p

if you didnt get the red key then you can not create new keys for the bike and it will cost you a load to replace all the locks, imobilizer and ecu.

every dealer i have ever bought a yamaha bike from has said don't loose the red key or your bike is worth squat

DLSGAP

The USA version doesn't have the electronic immobilizer so there isn't a red key for us.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

rocketz

i have change imobilizer reade to new one,no luck.key light still blinking,should i go to change ecu? diagnostic mode can not be accessed.only ER 1 on dash while i put tank down .

sandroon

Fault code: Er-1
Diagnostic Code: --
Symptom: No signals are received from the ECU.
Probable cause of malfunction:
Open or short circuit in wiring sub lead.
Malfunction in meter.
Malfunction in ECU

maybe a stator problem.

Manually recharge battery and try again. If errorcode persist... try to start the engine by pushing the bike. If it doesn't start you've got probably a stator problem, if not...it'll be an ecu problem and you'll need yamaha autorized center.....
that's better!!!

IMHO

Last edited:

rocketz

sandroon

dont you think this all cause by immobilizer? i've try to charge battery,even change to new batteries.its same result and key light still blinking.and whenever i turn key on HI (temp) appear even engine never start.