Crankin but no ignition

oldwheels

and the symphtom come again....bike wont start,crankin but no ignition .the difference is now sometime no fault code and no imobilizer light up..sometime fault code 12,41,48...:eek: i better think to put this bike on the museum.

i have the same issue .bike was lying up for a month , now will not start . "hi " is on the display . i have no idea what the issue is .

TheChrisOrand

I am curently turning my American FZ-8 into a stunt bike so the headlight and ignition was removed to save weight. Before removing the ignition, I had re-connected my battery and forgot I had done so. I cut all the wires at once that were fed up into the ignition and they shorted.. not knowing it had done so, I wired everything together and I had no start. I checked all the fuses and everything checked out OK. I tested for voltage at engine kill switch, I checked all ignition wires for proper orientation and voltages. Found that all my safety switches had no voltage wich led me to the main relay. I ordered a new relay so I cut the old one apart (I wanted to see the issue so I could verify what had happened.) and found one of the diodes(circuit overload protection) had been damaged. If I'm not mistaken, then I think yamaha designed these bikes with an anti-theft designed for hotwiring. I ohmed out the ignition and did not find any 100ohm resistor in ignition. I'm hoping the new relay box will fix this issue for me.