Accidental MIVV Double Gun Mod

cambo

Avid Rider
Mounted the MIVV without the stock mid pipe piece thing on accident. I forgot I took it off when I put on the two brothers. Was wondering why the hell the bracket and mount was almost 3-4 inches off! But after a couple seconds, I realized it was staying like that. Feels pretty solid too. I tried shaking it and the whole exhaust didn't budge. Now I had an excuse to get rid of the right rear foot peg bracket too. I'm happy with the look. I just need to grind off that mounting tab on the MIVV and I'll be 100% happy. Now I'm only 99% happy. Sound is ridiculous. You guys weren't kidding when you said this beyotch was LOUD (db killer removed). Also, I thought the two brothers carbon was ridiculously light. The MIVV makes the two brothers feel like a damn anvil.

EDIT: It turns out the place I ordered from might've left out that middle piece to make the mounting tab and the rear bracket line up. Because the stock assembly was one solid piece. Not two pieces as I thought I remembered it as (thanks B-eock).

Last edited:

b-eock

Wait which piece from the header pipes did you remove?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

cambo

Avid Rider
Shock- thanks dude

Beok- That's a very good question...I thought it was a piece separate from the stock muffler but sure enough, I just dug that thing up and it's one solid piece. Maybe MIVV didn't send me a complete package? haha

cambo

Avid Rider
The more I look at pictures of other Fz8's with the double gun...I'm beginning to think I mounted this thing wrong.

cambo

Avid Rider
ahhhh shit I found it. It's nothing to do with the exhaust...there's a piece on the foot peg bracket that you take off when mounting the two brother's exhaust. That piece is what would've lined up with the MIVV mounting tab.

That piece is long gone.

waypoint

mod squad
ahhhh shit I found it. It's nothing to do with the exhaust...there's a piece on the foot peg bracket that you take off when mounting the two brother's exhaust. That piece is what would've lined up with the MIVV mounting tab.

That piece is long gone.

This what you're looking for? :D pm me your address and I'll send it to you.

b-eock

Yeah you're missing the stock mounting bracket on the rear foot peg. Here is mine. There is only one piece of pipe.

It literally just slips on, with the new header pipe clamp and then mounts to the bracket on the peg, which you are missing XD. Hope you find one. I mean it shouldn't cause stress on the pipe as its so light, but it would get rid of some unnecessary vibrations if you did have the bracket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

cambo

Avid Rider
hey really appreciate the generosity Waypoint!...and also, the advice, gents. I think I'm going to leave it as is...I'm actually going to grind off that mounting tab in a few minutes and call it a day :D

Can't say how much I think this pipe really fits the bike. especially with the rear pegs gone now, it's got the look I was gunning for when I first got it! :tup:

Last edited:

JSP

Administrator
Bet it is super loud. :D I remember starting mine without any slip on and dang! Sounded mean!

waypoint

mod squad
hey really appreciate the generosity Waypoint!...and also, the advice, gents. I think I'm going to leave it as is...I'm actually going to grind off that mounting tab in a few minutes and call it a day :D

Can't say how much I think this pipe really fits the bike. especially with the rear pegs gone now, it's got the look I was gunning for when I first got it! :tup:

My pleasure Cambo. I'm diggin the look! I pulled the rear pegs and mounts and put a hangar on mine, but it's not quite the same. Now cut the TBR up and show us what to do so I can do mine and get rid of the hangar too :D

cambo

Avid Rider
Bet it is super loud. :D I remember starting mine without any slip on and dang! Sounded mean!

JSP,

haha, no kidding...I started it without the slip on...and then I started it with it...and I couldn't tell the difference. I took a walk down the street to guage how many neighbors I was going to piss off. I thought maybe only my direct neighbors. This can reverberates almost 6 houses down still. I'm thinking the db killers might go back in lol.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Dude, that is awesome. I agree, it just fits perfectly. I can't wait to hear it in person!! I see that Mini trying to sneak into the picture...

cambo

Avid Rider
thanks Chad! hahaha...yeah that rascal photobombing mini!

hey check it out, I gutted the back today, and that's where I keep the spare now

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
thanks Chad! hahaha...yeah that rascal photobombing mini!

hey check it out, I gutted the back today, and that's where I keep the spare now

Ugh, thanks, now I really really want a mini. I have wanted one of those for the last 10 years. Not really practical...but man they are so awesome. I am excited to see that thing. Hey, I am going to send you some messages, been doing some hunting.

Edit: Didn't know you had the extra driving lights (yellow)

Last edited: