2013 Fz8 blue stripe questions

Larry P

I must be weird because I thought about putting the stripes on my '12 :D gold forks might throw the look off though :confused:. Front cowl feels tasteless and trying to think of a way to spice it up besides the puig windscreen I put on.

Kardiac996

I personally am looking at some burnt orange rim tape to dress the bike up.

I like the carbon/burnt orange color combo myself.

MotoZen

A lot of people recommend using some heat to help loosen the adhesive. Use a hair dryer to warm then up and then use some goo gone to help remove any remaining residue.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Vhutchinson

have you ever removed the sticker off a bic lighter? lift the edge & peel slow. the end!

My 13 has red and grey decals that almost feel like there is a clear coat over top of them. they are smooth to the touch and I cant feel an edge. I would assume that they are put on the same way as the other models but am not 100% sure

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

myklobe

Hey man I want to remove the decals off my 13 . How exactly did you remove yours ?

First, I asked my wife to borrow her hair dryer... in which she looked at me very strangely and say ooooooohhhhhh kaaay :)

Then, I just applied heat a few inches away from the stickers for 10-20 seconds and picked the edge with my fingernail. The stickers came right up with very little goop leftover.

Lastly, I put a little Goof Off on a rag, cleaned up the goop, and then neutralized it with a clean damp wash cloth. Didn't hurt the paint at all.

myklobe

My 13 has red and grey decals that almost feel like there is a clear coat over top of them. they are smooth to the touch and I cant feel an edge. I would assume that they are put on the same way as the other models but am not 100% sure

My '13 had stickers for sure. I'd say test the waters and pick at the tiny end of the sticker with your fingernail and see if it starts to come up. If it does, bust out the hair dryer :)

Vhutchinson

My '13 had stickers for sure. I'd say test the waters and pick at the tiny end of the sticker with your fingernail and see if it starts to come up. If it does, bust out the hair dryer :)

Yeah I will give it a shot. This isnt a great pic but my stickers are right in the middle and around the gas cap View attachment 3329

Kardiac996

Yeah I will give it a shot. This isnt a great pic but my stickers are right in the middle and around the gas cap View attachment 3329

Never seen a 8 come factory with a sticker set like that in the middle of the tank or that color configuration..

kinda looks like someone had a custom color thing done rather then it being factory stickers, which by the way totally looked and felt like stickers. I could be totally wrong though.

Vhutchinson

Never seen a 8 come factory with a sticker set like that in the middle of the tank or that color configuration..

kinda looks like someone had a custom color thing done rather then it being factory stickers, which by the way totally looked and felt like stickers. I could be totally wrong though.

Yeah I havent seen that before either. I bought it brand new though right out of the crate so there must be others out there !