2013 Fz8 blue stripe questions

LT1

I've got the same bike and it looks to me like a sticker that could be peeled off. Problem is, you will also remove the grey stripe and the FZ8 logo, it's all one piece. Keep me posted if you decide to remove it!

pigdog

i removed my tank decals. let the bike sit in the sun for a while or use a hair dryer. paint did not come off & the bike looks more sinister than ever.

Last edited:

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I also removed mine, the very first thing I did lol. I love the grey paint we have. I removed every warning sticker I could too, only thing I still have is the damn inspection sticker on my swingarm..... Stupid dealership :mad:

Woody146

Banned
The thing I hated most about the 13's.....get a sticker remover...works like a charm..doesn't hurt paint.

tennvol11

Nice, the sticker remover is cool. But I will probably try to peel an edge and see how far I can get it then go to the goo gone

bauers007

After searching around all winter, I'm going to pick up a brand new 2013 FZ8 on Friday morning. First thing this weekend I'm planning on removing the blue stripes. I'm a little worried about the paint. I've removed decals and repainted a bike before but I didn't have to worry about messing up the paint then. For some of the methods listed above like WD40 and a hair drier, is there any particular method for doing this? What is the safest way to get these off?

Kardiac996

I used hair dryer and a credit card. Then removed the residual crap with goo gone.

Looks beautiful.

Take a look!

bauers007

That looks awesome. Thanks for the reply...looks like I'll go the same route. I can't wait to get this bike in the garage