2012 FZ8 lots of extras $7000 obo

FZER

Avid Rider
My home life is a complete mess right now and I need to sell my bike, because I'm most likely going to have to move and free up some cash for the divorce. This has been as really long time coming.... I'm not sure how much to ask for. It has a ton of extras. Full akra exhaust, custom yoshi fender wt additional led runner light elimator, frame sliders, rear spools, rear stand, asv levers, mototech clear rear brake light, and less than 3000 miles. There's probably stuff I'm forgetting. Opps Givi windscreen. I have a gps tank bag for it, plus battery tender hookups. Med icon helmet. two large icon jackets and some size 12 alpinestar boots. Bike has been extremely well taken care of. The oil pan was replaced due to the oil plug being over tighten from the factory, but this was done at a very good dealership. The oil has been changed three times with shell rotella syn and I have five addtional mobil one filters for it as well. I absolutely don't want to sell, but not sure I have a choice.

I think $7000 would be a good a good starting point, but not completely sure, so please other chime in on the price.
Thanks....
Graves block plates and AIS removed

Last edited:

JSP

Administrator
If you have the stock parts, put them back on. You will get the same for the bike with or without them. Then sell all the aftermarket stuff for extra profit. For a 2012 I would start around $7K. NADA and KBB is more than that.

Very sorry to hear about your home life. Really hope things turn around for you man. :(

Last edited:

Lee_533

I'm sorry man...That sucks. Good luck on the sale and hope everything goes over as smooth as possible.

rug_burn

Yeah- there's nothing worse- good luck.
As for the bike, $6500 sounds a little low- $7K shouldn't be too hard to get.
How many miles?

FZER

Avid Rider
Less than 3000 miles. I guess I'll put 7000 up. Sell it might help things at home too. F-ck I just don't want 11 years of my life to go down the crapper. I have told her that she can have our pets if she'll do me right with money, funiture, and ext, but I'm really having a hard time with that. Some people may think this is dumb, but they are like children to me.... Thanks for all the encouragment. At least work is being good for me and my back is doing better.

Can ya'll believe all this sh-t is being dumped on me after I tore a disc in my back and my Dad died only 11 months after being diagnosed with Leukmia on December 29th. Maybe I should walk away.

Last edited:

JSP

Administrator
Less than 3000 miles. I guess I'll put 7000 up. Sell it might help things at home too. F-ck I just don't want 11 years of my life to go down the crapper. I have told her that she can have our pets if she'll do me right with money, funiture, and ext, but I'm really having a hard time with that. Some people may think this is dumb, but they are like children to me.... Thanks for all the encouragment. At least work is being good for me and my back is doing better.

Can ya'll believe all this sh-t is being dumped on me after I tore a disc in my back and my Dad died only 11 months after being diagnosed with Leukmia on December 29th. Maybe I should walk away.

Keep your head up. Ive been going through a lot of similar stuff and am actually having to sell my bike as well. Its a bump in life. Do not let it take you down. Stay as positive as you can. Stay busy. Started going to church lately and it honestly helps. Ive never been a church guy myself, but just the positive atmosphere, people to talk to, faith in SOMETHING... It helps. We are all here for ya to talk to man. Stand tall, be strong, It WILL get better.

Marthy

Agree with JSP, don't let life throw you down. Stay strong and sharp... Little bump of life should make you stronger, not tear you down.

5-10 years from now it's all going to be little stuff... Every time $hit hit the fan for me I grow stronger from it. But when you're in the deep hole... it does look like hell.

There's always light at the end of the tunnel my friend. How long you will stay in the tunnel is all up to you.

C

Camo

I'm no Dr Phill so I'ma leave that heavy stuff alone but, as for your bike....
Someone posted earlier about returning it to stock for the sale, if money is the driving factor this is going to be your best bet. If time is of the essence, leave it as is and flog it off for whatever you can get.
Either way you should be asking 7-7.5k.
Chin up mate, try and keep yourself busy.

Tammy

My home life is a complete mess right now and I need to sell my bike, because I'm most likely going to have to move and free up some cash for the divorce. This has been as really long time coming.... I'm not sure how much to ask for. It has a ton of extras. Full akra exhaust, custom yoshi fender wt additional led runner light elimator, frame sliders, rear spools, rear stand, asv levers, mototech clear rear brake light, and less than 3000 miles. There's probably stuff I'm forgetting. Opps Givi windscreen. I have a gps tank bag for it, plus battery tender hookups. Med icon helmet. two large icon jackets and some size 12 alpinestar boots. Bike has been extremely well taken care of. The oil pan was replaced due to the oil plug being over tighten from the factory, but this was done at a very good dealership. The oil has been changed three times with shell rotella syn and I have five addtional mobil one filters for it as well. I absolutely don't want to sell, but not sure I have a choice.

I think $7000 would be a good a good starting point, but not completely sure, so please other chime in on the price.
Thanks....
Graves block plates and AIS removed
Wow I'm really sorry about your home life, not a easy road even if your the one looking for it.. I wish you both the best and that you can end it in a way that works for both of you... If you HAVE TO SELL get a lil DS bike to help keep your mind free...

I took that road 20 yrs ago and it was tuff being a single mom but I was happy and so where my girls.

good luck...

FZER

Avid Rider
Wow I'm really sorry about your home life, not a easy road even if your the one looking for it.. I wish you both the best and that you can end it in a way that works for both of you... If you HAVE TO SELL get a lil DS bike to help keep your mind free...

I took that road 20 yrs ago and it was tuff being a single mom but I was happy and so where my girls.

good luck...
That sounds like a good plan. I think my dealership might work wt on it. I've done so much business wt them and sent them so much business that they are going to let me put it on the lot.

D

Deleted member 438

I'm so sorry that you have to sell under these circumstances. I wish you the best, bro.

D

DJK1505

Damn man, sorry to hear about the home life.

Hope you get what you need out of it. Good luck with everything.

DJ

FZER

Avid Rider
I did find a nice place to buy, as far as a house. I'm still on the fence about the bike. My truck is almost paid for, I might be able to refinance somethings. I just don't want to buy a house and end up hating the neighborhood. In my area there's absolutely no reason to rent either.

beefcake morris

I had to do this myself a few years back. It was a tuff thing to sell, but it took me just about 2 years and I have bounced back stronger than ever. My thoughts are with you.

White Rider

Sad to hear the news.
Do you really have to sell the bike?
You said you didn't want to. Maybe take your time a little with this decision. This is your baby as much as your pets. Riding is great for taking your mind off things and boosting that feel good factor. All stuff you're gonna need.
Just a different view point...