#1 thing you'd tell Yama to improve on the FZ8

Crazywb23

NOTHING.
Keep it the way it is. CHEAP.
Let the owners do all the mods and keep the msrp as low as possible.

I AGREE!!! Best bang for the buck. Why spend almost 20,000$$ on a bike just to dump more $ into it in aftermarket parts? I got mine for a steal, and spent less than half again twice on my upgrades. AND I got a demon!

FZER

Avid Rider
Yea, when I posted new seat I had completely forgot about the mirrors. Can I change my vote? I'm hoping to get up some bucks soon and I'm going to give the rizoma Spy Q mirrors a shot. I know they are pretty expensive, but a Evo 1100 guy I know really likes his.

DLSGAP

Only on US sites. In Europe it is not considered a "sport" bike.

That's because my county is retarded when it comes to many things. and for the most part the US is completely ignorant when it comes to motorcycles.
What kills me, is that I'm actually paying MORE for insurance on my FZ8 than i was on my ZX10.

G Chase

Pillion
Needs a bigger brighter headlight (although I love riding in the dark) that's also easier to adjust and to change the bulb.

1st gear CLUNK (clutch needs to disengage a little more).

An accurate speedometer and fuel gauge would be handy.

I agree with: Seat (stone), mirrors, 5k buzz.

Mrpacis

NOTHING.
Keep it the way it is. CHEAP.
Let the owners do all the mods and keep the msrp as low as possible.

Agreed. I bought it because I like the way it looks. I'd rather install after market parts rather having to have everything fixed up for me. I'd like to be able to customize my bike. Althought suspension i wish it was better :)

FZER

Avid Rider
I'd like a more linear power curve. I looked over on the FZ1's site at dyno sheets, oh my God, perfect. I'll still take my better gas mileage, and most likely cheaper insurance still though.

RobH

That's because my county is retarded when it comes to many things. and for the most part the US is completely ignorant when it comes to motorcycles.
What kills me, is that I'm actually paying MORE for insurance on my FZ8 than i was on my ZX10.

You mad bro? It is a 'naked sport bike'. I've never heard it described as anything else.

kuwaiyert

As everybody had already mention.. For me the pipe end can.. At least it looks nicer when the bike in stock condition.. :D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

FZh8in

1. Tires! Stock ones are garbage
2. Suspension. Rear shock is crap, front forks are even more crap (but hey, we all knew this when we bought it! lol)
3. Get rid of the rediculous drop in power from 3k-6k.

But... as was said before: I love how cheap the MSRP was on this bike and when I bought mine a year ago I practically stole it off the showroom floor. They sell bikes like this to two kinds of people: 1. the person who will do nothing to it and be perfectly content in riding their very nice looking stock FZ8. 2. the person who is going to mod their bike and doesn't really care what the stock components of the bike are because they are going to replace them as quickly as possible! (this would be me, and pretty much everyone else on here)

C

Camo

I'd have happily paid more for an R spec version, providing it had up spec suspension and an akro system... Some r1 6 pots would have been a good selling point also.

I think I'll be buying something that requires next to no modding next time round. I could have bought top of the line leathers and done 5-6 track days with the dough I've thrown at my 8 lol

C

Camo

No, I mean wasted lol... I could spend another 2k on it and still have more to do :S

CrazyBiker

If they bumped the price with all those components, buying a FZ1 instead will be a no-brainer (not that it is already not!).

Its best to mod the bike to your liking and sell the parts off when you sell it. win-win

cpatt

well i think they need to make there clutch plates take my beatings when im riding it like i stole it!

but for real
a better seat
and those clutch plates

C

Camo

If they bumped the price with all those components, buying a FZ1 instead will be a no-brainer (not that it is already not!).

Its best to mod the bike to your liking and sell the parts off when you sell it. win-win

Why? No FZ1 comes out of the crate with those mods either.
Also why is it best to mod the bike and sell the parts? Wouldn't it be best to buy one straight out of he crate already to your satisfaction and spend your money on furthering your skill as a rider?

CrazyBiker

A factory part is never going to better an aftermarket part, be it an exhaust or suspension while keeping the price tolerable. Buying and selling back mods is much more sensible than paying the premium on the factory part. Personally, buying parts used cheap and selling them has helped me break even on every bike I have owned.

Wieb27

1) Like everyone else, suspension.

2) Don't integrate the exhaust hanger with the passenger pegs.

3) Bigger gas tank.

4) Better high beam vision.

I saw brake lines on here a few times. Keep in mind the R6 & R1 come with non stainless lines from the factory too.