Your Pride & Joy... Currents pics with list of Mods

master paper clip

There are no smaller ones available, u can either trim them down or remove them completely witch is what I did... but only touch the flies if u have pcv, juice box or are getting your ecu flashed

Woody146

Banned
Sorry guys...totally in the dark about this "flies" mod...first I've heard it mentioned..can anyone enlighten me please?

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Yes, supposedly Guhl says that he makes the sub throttles open fully sooner, so less restriction. And I had mine completely out! And I really think it hurt the performance.

I didn't trim mine though...... Maybe that is a better way to go.

But as my bike sits right now..... It's awesome.

Geezer

Nothing much added

just frame sliders, radiator guard, center stand and Givi fly screen. As for performance mods ... if I had wanted a FZ1 I would have bought one.
Took a ride on a FZ1 on Saturday and am considering it. :D

santosfz8

Could you tell me how you did your flies mod? did you cut them or get new smaller ones?

Tin snips that cut left from harbor freight, used 100 grit to Debur it and make it smooth.
Here's the link from a FZ-1 guy I used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr0o7cmFKzM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

or if you can get someone to cut out the right diameter for you that'll work like on a water jet system.

The computer on the fz8 is pretty smart and it adjust the idle and gives it a Lil kick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Woody146

Banned
Yes, supposedly Guhl says that he makes the sub throttles open fully sooner, so less restriction. And I had mine completely out! And I really think it hurt the performance.

I didn't trim mine though...... Maybe that is a better way to go.

But as my bike sits right now..... It's awesome.

Sweeeeet! I'm not a mechanical person so Im pretty uncomfortable doing engine mods and things that require lots of parts...if I can get all that with guhls...score!

Woody146

Banned
Did you install a switch in line to turn off your HID?

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Nope..the key is just turned right there..no ignition or motor...when I fire it up..h.i.d. Fires up...but if I have the high beam switch on and fire the motor..the h.i.d. Does NOT turn on and it will stay like this...but here in Cali..red is illegal on the front..no matter what...so I prefer to have the h.i.d. When I'm not taking pictures...plus the 5000k bulb drowns out the red almost completely when the high beam is on!

H.i.d. With high beam from 3 feet away

frogger

told my girl friend I was going to buy some cat food and ended up riding along the coast. the sun was shooting through the clouds making some cool rays but I only had my phone which is really annoying being a photographer.

will have to go out tomorrow with my camera.

Tix

I need to get some daytime shots with something other than my cell.

Till then, here's this.

Because you can never be Too visible...

Last edited:

Tix

is that reflective wheel tape? that looks sweet

Yup. I've tried three brands and this guy's stuff seems to be legit. It's noticably more reflective than others on Amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_?k=SAFETY+-+TRON%2C+Super%2C+Motorcycles%2C+Bicycles%2C+Cars%2C+Trucks%2C+Scooters%2C+Vans%2C+ATVs%2C+Fixie]Amazon.com: SAFETY - TRON, Super, Motorcycles, Bicycles, Cars, Trucks, Scooters, Vans, ATVs, Fixie[/ame]

Hope the URL works. Trying to post this on the phone is a challenge without the app .

Tix

link didnt work for me but i googled and found it. did you use yellow?

I went with Red actually. I find it catches other driver's eyes faster.

This stuff really Glows at night. I've had people stop me at lights to tell me how bright it is.

An added bonus is that it matches my gear perfectly. :D

MotoZen

link didnt work for me but i googled and found it. did you use yellow?

I emailed the guy and he thinks that the yellow will match the forks better than the orange. If you email him, he will also offer a slight discount.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.