Yoshi Tail tidy and LED help!!

jumb5150

So i just installed my yoshi tail tidy. Problem is, it is made for the stock blinkers. You know that sorta oval shape that the stock blinkers have. I would like to install LEDs. I am wondering if there is an adapter plate available? Here are a couple of pics.

BeachinFZ8

That Yoshi looks good on there! I've had my eye on that one, just haven't pulled the trigger yet, but seeing it installed confirms it's the one I'll go with even if it is kinda pricey.

H

Hoover

Yep, Lockhart Phillips make adaptor plates.
You need to order the ones for the 08-11 FZ1.
Here's mine installed.

jumb5150

Yep, Lockhart Phillips make adaptor plates.
You need to order the ones for the 08-11 FZ1.
Here's mine installed.

Thats exactly what I need Hoover!!! problem is, I can't find them online. Can u pls hook me up with link. Thank you very much.

H

Hoover

jumb5150

Yep, thats the ones. You may have to trim the inside of the fronts a little to fit inside the hole on the fairing but the rears should bolt straight in.

You will need one of these relays if you are going with leds. It replaces the stock one, just plug in.

Lockhart Phillips USA: The Sportibke Connection & Your #1 Accessories Supplier For Over 25 Years

Here's the link to the spacers from LP

Lockhart Phillips USA: The Sportibke Connection & Your #1 Accessories Supplier For Over 25 Years

I think I can pick those speed metal ones at my local cycle gear. Are the relays necessary? and if im not mistaken, you plug those right underneath the rear seat right?

H

Hoover

Relay is neccessary if you are running leds. They do not draw enough current to work the stock relay properly.
You can buy resistors and put them in line but for $11, that realy is much easier and smarter. It is located under the seat on the right side in the tray.
Some prefer not to change them, if you don't, your turn siglans will flash at double speed which some like as it may make you more visible.
I suggest you check your local and State ordinances for legality of that. I have 2 friends pulled over for having turn signals that blink at double speed. No ticket, but enough reason for po po to have a go.

jumb5150

Hoover thank you very much for your help. I had to put a big washer on the other side to keep it all together but so far so good. Here is the shot of it.