Winter blues

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Saw this on fb and is basically how I feel can't wait for warm whether and no comments from down under!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

reALIGNed

Totally agree, last month I bought a new jacket, helmet and gloves........all made by Speed and Strength (under the radar) and now it just sits there. :bs2:

B

bren

beautiful day here in Sydney- 27 degrees celcius, no cloud. perfect hahahaha

although- the rest of the country has a heatwave coming. We in sydney will be spared! woohoo!

FZ8.UK

Know that Feeling

Living here in the UK, Another record rain fall for 2012,,

But at least everywhere is nice and Green

master paper clip

Psssh 35 out today, layered up and went for a ride, unless I see ice or if it rained in the past 2 days I'm riding, once your on the road the colds not to bad

S

Shock

Well as soon as the rain dried up I was on the bike again. 35-45 degrees "F".

F

Fazed

I have the opposite problem......it's too hot and humid to ride. I loose a litre of water in sweat just getting ready. Though riding through a monsoon storm is refreshing .

highoctane

Canyon Carver
I have the opposite problem......it's too hot and humid to ride. I loose a litre of water in sweat just getting ready. Though riding through a monsoon storm is refreshing .

It is horrible when its hot wearing gear and such but I just hate the cold. I was born & raised in so cal
And moved to this shit. I'll take the beach any day over snow

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

reALIGNed

although- the rest of the country has a heatwave coming. We in sydney will be spared! woohoo!

My neice is in Sydney right now, she's touring the east coast for seven months and loving it, she calls her mom (my sister) daily with updates and boasts about the weather,.............meanwhile, I'm in snow and all the lakes are frozen over. wtf?!

H

Hoover

You can feck off as well ;)

C

Camo

Well I actually did feck off...for what was maybe a 5 hour ride. Well 4 hours riding, 1 icy cold beer and a salad roll for lunch from the infamous Wollombi tavern and entree was earlier with a famous chicken and asparagus pie from pie in the sky. All the while travelling some pretty good twisting roads lol.
Sea breeze is refreshing....feck'n loving summer:D 28 degrees C!

Not bad considering I worked this morning too.... If there is a god, this is definitely his country:oz:

Last edited:
C

Camo

RnR, that looks rad as hell! I've never experienced anything like that, it looks like good fun.

sinclap2

Lazy
Well I have had officially had enough of summer and my summertime blues have started.

It is 40.5C/105F at the moment and heading to 43C/110F. It was still 31C/88F at midnight last night. Monday and Tuesday will be the same. It cools off (ie 32-34C/90-93F) for Wed/Thu but then back up again on Fri/Sat/Sun.

The roads are melting, the snakes are out, bushfires are starting and people get stupid drunk, so quickly. The only saving grace is that isn't humid! :cool:

C

Camo

Well I have had officially had enough of summer and my summertime blues have started.

It is 40.5C/105F at the moment and heading to 43C/110F. It was still 31C/88F at midnight last night. Monday and Tuesday will be the same. It cools off (ie 32-34C/90-93F) for Wed/Thu but then back up again on Fri/Sat/Sun.

The roads are melting, the snakes are out, bushfires are starting and people get stupid drunk, so quickly. The only saving grace is that isn't humid! :cool:

You need to relocate to the coast mate! It's hot here but it's only high 20's early 30's with an awesome sea breeze ;)
Hot enough that I was on the bike at sunrise and back home by lunch.
Put this in google maps...
*Pie in the Sky, Pacific Highway, Cowan, New South Wales, Australia
*Wollombi, New South Wales, Australia
*Grey Gum Cafe, Putty Road, Putty, New South Wales, Australia
Also make sure you select from the options, avoid highways.