Why do most people have more than one bike?

Sschwar4

I guess I was wrong, there is one bike that does it all.

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
As much as I love my bonneville she is miserable on long highway trips and really not set up for it. But, the money I would get for selling her is nothing even close to what she is worth to me with all the time money and sweat I have invested. So, instead I got her a sister that handles trip duty and the canyons on occasion. And I can just enjoy the Bonneville for what she is good at, moderate up the coast cruising and surprising sport-bike guys in the twisties. Now I am free to put on sticky ass tires and firmer shocks etc. Make it a purer purpose built bike.

compensation

I have 4. I have a kx250 race bike, dr350 on/off road, interceptor, and fz8. Kx is for being stupid by myself, dr doesn't require plate or insurance, interceptor i insure when i want to ride it. And the fz8 is paying for its self. I pay 25 a month full coverage for the fz8. It doesnt cost that much to have extras. Sometimes i swap plates. I save enough on gas to insure all 4 and plate 3 with extra money left over.

Larry P

Well, the fazer 8 is the closest thing to a UJM (universal Japanese machine) that's been produced in a long time. Personally I'd prefer to have a race oriented machine and a heavy touring machine. Concourse 14 and a gsxr 1k for my stable, ideally. But for the time being, I am only allowed one :eek: so I picked the best in-betweener!

W

WARPTH

The closest ive found to a do it all bike was my previous ride. a super motard with a back pack. only down side was after a couple of hours on it your bum was pretty sore. still yet to find a better handling more fun bike in the tighter twisties!

FZER

Avid Rider
Well, the fazer 8 is the closest thing to a UJM (universal Japanese machine) that's been produced in a long time. Personally I'd prefer to have a race oriented machine and a heavy touring machine. Concourse 14 and a gsxr 1k for my stable, ideally. But for the time being, I am only allowed one :eek: so I picked the best in-betweener!

Man you read my mine. What if we just turn a Zx14 into a heavy tourer.