Wheels

Crazywb23

We know for a fact that the front axle hub size is diff. from the FZ1 and R1. Smaller in fact. The rear not sure of...

FZER

Avid Rider
Man that stinks. I was looking at trying to get a set of the gold wheels. It looked like you could get the pair for about $900. I'll have to call my dealership and see what they can did up. If euro bikes come with the gold wheels they have got to come from Japan too. Just a matter of doing some homework I guess.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Man that stinks. I was looking at trying to get a set of the gold wheels. It looked like you could get the pair for about $900. I'll have to call my dealership and see what they can did up. If euro bikes come with the gold wheels they have got to come from Japan too. Just a matter of doing some homework I guess.

When the time comes to change tires, I am going to have mine powdercoated gold. Just a thought.....

It will probably run you $200-$300 or so to have them both done.

mano1192

Will powder coat have a smooth finish and hold up well? I am a paint ignoramous :rolleyes:

When the time comes to change tires, I am going to have mine powdercoated gold. Just a thought.....

It will probably run you $200-$300 or so to have them both done.

K-Gr.

Powder coat is far more durable then normal paint and yes, it is smooth. Cons - no metallic, no pearl, no "depth effect" of clear coat. Just plain, mat or glossy paint.

C

Camo

I'd love to swap my gold wheels for black...Got black R1 forks and wheel on the front and it looks the business. White bike with no gold is what I'm after. Black everywhere there used to be gold and red rim tape maybe?
I'll probably just end up powder coating the back black when I get new rubber in a few months as I don't think anyone locally even rides an FZ8 let alone wanting to swap wheels!

FZER

Avid Rider
Yeah Camo I wish there was a way we could hook up. I'd love to see the gold wheels on my 12. Sort of like the 2009 model FZ1. I'll definitely wait till I need tires though. I'll have to ask around about the powercoating around here though.

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
I'd love to swap my gold wheels for black...Got black R1 forks and wheel on the front and it looks the business. White bike with no gold is what I'm after. Black everywhere there used to be gold and red rim tape maybe?
I'll probably just end up powder coating the back black when I get new rubber in a few months as I don't think anyone locally even rides an FZ8 let alone wanting to swap wheels!

I would trade you straight up if it was a possibility. I know without a doubt gold wheels would look dope on a black FZ8.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2